NEurope

^ such a great album

Yes. Yes.

The title is so misleading. I'm drenched in sweat every time I listen.

I'm dangerously in love with it

It sets me free.

--

I tried writing lyics for that song title you sent me Chair, but realistically I need to learn an instrument to write songs.

Edited by Paj!

Giving Quaristice by Autechre a run through. It's good but I'm not quite sure it's as good as it should be for such a difficult listen. Certainly not any LP5, which I deem to be their best. I will be interested to see what their new album is like in March.

Auteche terrify me. I find their sound completely unsettling. Kind of enjoyable, in a way...

Finally got round to listening to:

the-flaming-lips-embryonic.jpg

So, so good.

Also got round to listening to:

Massive_Attack_Heligoland-300x300.jpg

Amazing, amazingly good.

Since playing Saints Row 2 I've had this stuck in my head.

Stars by Hum

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

So good. Just so good. I'm crying, you're crying, at the end, where it's the nuclear holocaust.

"Leave me something to breathe!"

Definitely in the top 10 Kate Bush songs. My second favourite of hers, after Rocket's Tail.

It IS their best.

Well that settles it then :heh:

Many people seem to say that Tri Repetae is their best.... I can almost see what their saying but still, no.

- NME tour was rather good, Big Pink were spectacular though I got there too late. Velvet is still my favorite song of yesteryear, ever. Bombay Bicycle Club and Maccabees were both good too, though neither are bands that im massively in love with and Macs singer is a talented whistler.

- Miike Snow at union the other night were also fantastic. Like goldfrapp having sex with Kasabian in a very noisy club and it somehow making something spectacular. Too short a set though

- Dunno if people have heard the news but one of the 4 major record companies are withdrawing from streaming services. The beginning of the end for Spotify?

'Record label Warner Music has said it will stop licensing its songs to free music streaming services.'

Have been listening to:

The Cocknbullkid - I'm Not Sorry

Cheeky.

Róisín Murphy - Momma's Place

Sassy.

New Young Pony Club - Chaos

Simple.

Tori Amos - The Wrong Band

Bjork - Army Of Me

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love

PJ Harvey - C'mon Billy

Honey, bring it close to my lips, said.

I'm annoyed custom soundtracks aren't on the PS3.

Have been listening to:

The Cocknbullkid - I'm Not Sorry

Cheeky.

I like this, but I can kinda imagine it will get quite famous, and get overplayed. Sort of like Foundations by Kate Nash, but not as mainstream.

Róisín Murphy - Momma's Place

Sassy.

I love this. Not as much as Overpowered, but then Overpowered did shatter my senses.

New Young Pony Club - Chaos

Simple.

Hmmm.... I loved the first album, but I'm really not feeling their new stuff.

Tori Amos - The Wrong Band

Bjork - Army Of Me

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love

PJ Harvey - C'mon Billy

Honey, bring it close to my lips, said.

Hang ten honey, I'm going to get me one of those.

It just makes no sense that they are The Unmentionables, because realistically they are all far better than most of the stuff discussed in this thread.

Tori is the most deserved to be Unmentionable, since she is actually really idiosyncratic, and loads of people who have music lives don't "get" her.

Bjork is unanimously critically acclaimed, and generally stuns everyone who has a real opinion, so she really shouldn't be unmentionable.

PJ Harvey is the one you turn to when all else has failed.

C'Mon Billy is so essential. As is Army Of Me.

You almost feel Bjork should have pursued metal. Just because her screaming voice stuns.

I think Lost A Girl is a very half-arsed effort, I completely agree. Chaos has reinstalled my anticipation. Plus in the video from about 2.15 they all look deliciously hot. They'd all get a tapping, not to mention that women playing drums are yum.

I put them in spoilers as to not cause any arguments etc, but I like your points.

I love growly roars you get from all three of them. C'mon Billy, Play Dead and The Waitress (TVAB) all great examples.

Softer. Softest!

I'm seeing Courtney Love speak at the Oxford Union tomorrow night!

I'm soososososoosososososiosidkiugfbjng excited!

*screams*

-----

Also:

17271_308375622040_19798332040_3923439_139074_n.jpg

Softer. Softest!

I'm seeing Courtney Love speak at the Oxford Union tomorrow night!

I'm soososososoosososososiosidkiugfbjng excited!

*screams*

I smell shitty panties. Get the frak off my battlestar.

I hate you. I knew there were lies being told when I was told Oxford was just work.

Close the door while I cover myself in slow-growing crystals in anticipation for my absorption into the ground from whence I came.

I smell shitty panties. Get the frak off my battlestar.

I hate you. I knew there were lies being told when I was told Oxford was just work.

Close the door while I cover myself in slow-growing crystals in anticipation for my absorption into the ground from whence I came.

Well there's a reason sense-shatterers congregate at Oxford.

I'm allowed to email in a question, you can choose what to ask, and I'll take notes.

Well there's a reason sense-shatterers congregate at Oxford.

I'm allowed to email in a question, you can choose what to ask, and I'll take notes.

Shitty panties! *screeches*

OH!

You could reference Tori Amos...Courtney apparently said she loved Tori's cover of Smells Like... and that she used to slow-dance with Kurt to it or something, then be rude and ask whether she thinks Professional Widow is about her.

Or ask her favourite song on America's Sweetheart, saying yours is Hold On To Me.

RATM Free Gig Registration

You can get a maximum of 2 tickets per person. If I get lucky, I'll take someone from here. I'll figure out a way to decide who if I get them. Although it's worth noting that you can only take someone else if they are registered as well.

Edit: My registration has gone through. Most excellent.

Edited by Goafer

RATM Free Gig Registration

You can get a maximum of 2 tickets per person. If I get lucky, I'll take someone from here. I'll figure out a way to decide who if I get them. Although it's worth noting that you can only take someone else if they are registered as well.

Edit: My registration has gone through. Most excellent.

Nice wan. Just registered for mine. Quite glad it's been kept quiet-ish, as to lessen people who only know Killing in the Name going...

--

In other news, surprisingly lack of response to the news that Warner Music are pulling out of Spotify. Beginning of the end of the streaming dream and all that...!