NEurope

I remember this one time when I listened to Oasis and was like: "Hey I like this"

Then I woke up crying.

Edited by Mundi

I remember this one time when I listened to Oasis and as like: "Hey I like this"

Then I woke up crying.

You're making rain.

I quite like the famous singles Oasis had on a superficial level. I don't own them, nor am I going to any time soon, but if they're on the radio (not that the radio is ever on near me), I'm not offended.

But I mostly have no interest in them.

Oasis remind me of that one time I vomited profusely in the street because I had a reaction to BBQ flavoured Pringles.

The most over-rated band ever. At least Muse are actually technically good musicians, and aren't glorified chavs.

1) Can you eat pringles now? I once threw up after pringles (unrelated to them) but now can't eat them </random>

2) Oasis were more thugs than chavs.

Razz made me a "non-warbulling Toria Amos" playlist. Only got 3 songs in before the sound of cooking drowned it out but out of Constantine, Juaraz and Spring Haze I only kinda liked the latter. More later. As in...several weeks in the future probably when I remember to listen again.

Oh. What was the playlist, out of interest?

I threw this together stupidly fast, and haven't looked back on it for a few weeks so don't judge :p.

Concertina

Juárez

Spring Haze

Sugar (TVAB)

Precious Things (LE)

God

Taxi Ride

A Sorta Fairytale

Welcome To England

Caught A Lite Sneeze

He wanted non warbling material. Taxi Ride isn't, but it's very friendly. So it was a crude mix of that and friendly stuff. There's a shit tonne missing, I know.

It's fine as a kinda "Look, she isn't scary (But here's Juarez about death and all distorted OOH!" mix, but it's missing a key "emotional" one.

You question where the likes of an Icicle/Crucify/Jupiter-esque song is.

Also I would only say she warbled (warbled isn't really the right term) on her last few albums in any case.

Yeah I think he meant more entering the higher registers a la Kate Bush, which cuts out quite a lot of the catalogue. Crucify should be on there though you're right, it has a super bridge, excusing any other faults the song might have.

No I meant more like the Leona Lewis effect (although obviously TA came before). Trying to fool the masses into thinking she can sing well by warbling and alternating between speaking softly and sharply. It just grates.

In other news I do love this:

(so hypnotic)

Semi-official video. I don't think they ever did one but loved this so just promoted that. Anyway I always imagine something more graphic. Like Mad Men intro mixed with new Big Love Intro mixed with Chuck intro. Involving a literal bleeding caused by a camera being turned on.

No I meant more like the Leona Lewis effect (although obviously TA came before). Trying to fool the masses into thinking she can sing well by warbling and alternating between speaking softly and sharply. It just grates.

I've NEVER heard her compared/likened/in the same sentence with Leona Lewis. This is a new low... :wink:

But yeah, I can't think of any warbling Leona-style in any Tori songs.

Yeah she really never does that, and I'm sickened that it was insinuated Ashley, you big cazzaccio.

Edited by Razz

I've NEVER heard her compared/likened/in the same sentence with Leona Lewis. This is a new low... :wink:

But yeah, I can't think of any warbling Leona-style in any Tori songs.

They are both female. They both warble. :heh:

And do you know what I'd say to her?

Random jazz you ask?

I love.

I have inclinations of some recent experience in my life where there was the most down-putting use of "cunt" ever. I think it may have been a dream. I can't remember when it was though. It was brilliant.

I used it to describe my dad today. On the phone to Jodie "think I should get my dad some anti-depressants for his birthday and attach a note saying "you're a miserable cunt, cheer up"?"

Trying to make a playlist for this wedding dvd. Groom gave me some idea but its not really my thing and I keep wanting to add stuff I like in the hope of 'converting' them but have to stop myself. I'm not being paid for that :p So I'm thinking:

Wedding DVD Playlist

Kanye West - Golddigger

Nelly Furtardo - Maneater

The Smiths - Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

Sound good? :heh:

Ashley, I recommend this (Bliss) as one of Tori Amos' best/most accessible songs.

It feels one of those songs that, if they were a move in a beat-em-up or button basher fighting game, it would feel really satisfying to use, and do loads of damage.

I hate the underlying implication that I don't "get" her and I need something "accesible" rather than the mere fact I could just not like her :heh:

I know it was well intentioned though and I just like being awkward, and I will try and remember to listen at some point but I need to finish off this playlist and sleeeeep!

T'is royalty free, thus crap. I just stumbled upon it while looking for music. Called something something Osaka. Queue flashbacks.

Although I do enjoy this:

I like good Jazz in moderation, I just pointed out how shite that free thing you linked was. :)

No and I'd agree. I just threw it in there for the sake of throwing stuff.

I've finally "got" Bjork's Anchor Song.

I've got that feeling in my eyes/nose when you're welling. Just so emotionally poignant, as though dropping her anchor is symbolic for dropping something so much heavier.