NEurope

I assumed you'd known it's greatness for some time. It's as you say, so simple, yet has some strange emotional weight to it.

I assumed you'd known it's greatness for some time. It's as you say, so simple, yet has some strange emotional weight to it.

Yeah. Probably the best song off Debut. Or Violently Happy. Debut is magnum though.

Violently Happy is my personal fave. There's More To Life Than This is essential in it's own way. :D

P.S

album-noahs-ark.jpg

I prefer it to their first album, and the third one is more "mainstream" (about as much as they get) so I don't really count it.

I love how the music within actually fits the cover.

You know I love you boys and your crazy ways but there are times when you talk and I...

Anyone who recognises which exceptional TV show this was used in gets major kudos.

That song would be so much more hilarious if sang by the voice of Harvey Birdman.

I really like Bardo Pond.

Here's a sample:

In fact. Like is a grevious understatement. I love.

Edited by The Bard

Today I decided that Waterloo Sunset is one of the greatest songs ever written, evarr.

People so busy

Make my feel dizzy.

Taxi lights shine so bright.

And I don't

Need no friends.

Long as I gaze on

Waterloo Sunset

I am in paradise.

So much love.

It feels like I've heard every song off The Family Jewels before. Like, I had heard The Outsider before I'd ever listened to it.

It sounds a bit like if ABBA were still making albums. And a bit like the music from a musical. Really bombastic and intentionally angular to get her point across. If that makes any sense.

Why would she release that song? I don't understand. Video was really "..." too. (Except she looked great as she always does)

I don't know who Rafa Nadal is. I recognise his second name so I'll hazard a guess at some kinda of sports person?

---

A lovely Bon Iver remix. Electronic/pulsey yet fitting the feel of his music.

That whole blog is really good for some interesting new stuff/remixes.

q285obsceneladygaga.jpg

Latest Issue of Q banned in USA because of supposed "nip-slip" and crotch-grabbing. Interestingly the decision to ban it wasn't based on the fact she has a dildo down her trousers (apparently more evident in RL).

Coincidentally I was trying to remember what that site was called earlier.

I love how croaky yet comforting Mike Doughty's voice is. Like a loving uncle who smoked 40 a day (but doesn't smell of it).

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Mike Doughty - I Hear The Bells

(music only as the vid is a Veronica Mars fanvid and spoilerific if anyone ever plans to actually watch...which you should :p)

lol, I just realised how unhelpful I was! sorry Paj. :)

q285obsceneladygaga.jpg

Latest Issue of Q banned in USA because of supposed "nip-slip" and crotch-grabbing. Interestingly the decision to ban it wasn't based on the fact she has a dildo down her trousers (apparently more evident in RL).

I've seen that cover in real life a few times and didn't notice, I wasn't really looking though. I shall have a gander next time. :D

lol, I just realised how unhelpful I was! sorry Paj. :)

30rtkb9.jpg

---

GREAT MUSIC TIME

Apparently in Trainspotting. Never seen so couldn't say, but I love the song and Iggy in gen.

Never heard of them before today. The girl's voice is very Karen O and someone else I like but can't place.

This sounds much better on the actual mp3. But anyway. Dunno much of POBPAH's stuff, but this is so Saint Etienne, and that's only ever good.

Also, a new Prince song was released to radio randomly today/yesterday/recently. I can't be arsed linking cause it's not that great.

Edited by Paj!

So Thom Yorke performed some new songs recently:

I like this one. Although I think it's a bit odd for Thom to be acting quite so political like he has done of late, the song flows quite nicely. It's hard to tell but it sounds like good material to go into the studio with.

Lady Gaga makes my life.

She's the most exciting artist of the past two years, and actually makes OK music.

And she's so queer. Actually Liberty leading the people out of shite narrow-mindedness. The Q cover with a dildo down her trousers proves her to be the most influential trans icon ever.

I'm not so much encaptivated by her, I'm just encaptivated by what she's done.

delacroix10.JPG

I don't really understand her being a "trans icon". I understand she went along with the joke of her having a penis, but it's not like it was ever really believed/reported anywhere outside of internet forums/youtube comments as "truth".

I don't really understand her being a "trans icon". I understand she went along with the joke of her having a penis, but it's not like it was ever really believed/reported anywhere outside of internet forums/youtube comments as "truth".

It doesn't matter if she is or she isn't; the fact she's been so successful, and publically supports and backs transgenderism.

Don't most people, if asked? Has she made a point of doing so other than on the back of the hermaphrodite thing?

Don't most people, if asked?

Not really, especially in America. If you asked Hilary Duff what she thought of trans people she'd look at her manager worriedly, and probably not answer.

Just watch the Bad Romance video again. Too many metaphors.

Also the use of the word Monster to describe herself and her fans is significant. Gaga creates this extravagant persona which involves trans elements, and labels herself a Monster, and all those that admire her Monsters. Because that's what she is - monstrous; the rejection of society's accepted norms is wrong and people who aren't content in the body they're born into are monsters.

I get what you mean, and I know that her whole thing "I felt like a freak, it's partly why I do what I do, it's ok etc", which is obviously a great/correct sentiment, and is/was strangely missing in pop music. And what you say is all right, I think I was just a bit thrown by how much emphasis you put on it. You make it sound like she organised marches/held press conferences/has talked soley in depth about transgenderism and her fight to make it ok. It just a bit like...let's wait till she actually does something.

Unless she has and I just didn't know.

EDIT: What metaphors in BR?