NEurope

Yeah, I don't mean trans activist, I just mean general person who's famous who trans people can look up to (or look to) and find reassurance that they aren't alone in the world.

BR - generally emerging from the baths as monsters (metaphor for post op), but also beautiful at the same time. She's manhandled, and forced to drink. There's others too, but I can't be bothered analysing / not that good at it.

Hmm, well she said it was about a polish vodka company producing clones or something. Like, what it looks like. :p

Just rewatched it, you could find metaphors for anything in it, if we're honest. Slavery and animal cruelty come to mind before the advocacy of transgender people.

Completely sidestepping the current conversation, I heard this last night at the Union, and was reminded that Chris Brown, whilst being a massive arsehole, does what he does best exceedingly well.

Not really, especially in America. If you asked Hilary Duff what she thought of trans people she'd look at her manager worriedly, and probably not answer.

I dunno, she did have that threesome. She's got a bit of kink in her.

And random:

34isger.jpg

Tegan or Sara (I can't tell which...) and Jack from Steel Train/fun. :D

Edited by Ashley

I dunno, she did have that threesome. She's got a bit of kink in her.

Diamonds will make her swollow all kinds of things.

gallery_enlarged-0223_hilary_proposal_03.jpg

:

34isger.jpg

Tegan or Sara (I can't tell which...) and Jack from Steel Train/fun. :D

Cool. 90% sure that's Tegan. She has a much rounder face.

Black Eyed Peas technically very impressive epic 10 minute new video.

I assume/think it's a mash-up of 2 of their songs, I don't have the album so I'm not sure. They're both pretty crap. But it's worth a watch.

So my signed copy of Ellie Goulding's album Lights arrived. Overall pretty pleased with the album :) (even if she signed it "Elli" and not "Ellie" :hmm:)

Having listened to her songs for a quite while, it is interesting for me to able to compare to some of the demo editions for some of the tracks that I've been listening to for a while. I think she has done a very good job with Guns and Horses, Starry Eyed and Under the Sheets compared to her demos, the added layers and subtle changes really improve the song. The track This Love (Will be your Downfall) is probably my favourite song out of the crop that I didn't have a demo version of, I remember enjoying this song when I saw her live.

I really adore the demo version of Wish I Stayed, but currently I do not enjoy the album version of it as much, think it has changed too much from the demo. Other mentions are I'll Hold My Breath which is quite catchy and a very sweet song called The Writer. Hopefully the other songs will grow on me, unfortunately I have yet to hear the iTunes exclusive track Lights. Currently I would rate the album a 7 out of 10, decent for a debut album but it could have been more. Also apart from the iTunes exclusive version, there are only 10 tracks which is too few I reckon.

Edited by Rowan

I think it's actually really good. Exceeded my expectations, every track is a catchy stand-alone song in it's own right, and I love her voice (which has drawn comparisons to Bjork, but onyl due to similar vocal inflections, nothing to do with the "sound" per se).

I had Wish I Stayed (Acoustic) for ages, and thought that was her style...I loved it. Then I heard the full album demo and hated it. They've made it a lovely soundscape with loads of layers for the album version, and it definitely works. The Writer is lovely too. The last few still need to sink in (Except Salt Skin), but overall it's much more solid than efforts from last years equivalent people, like Little Boots.

If it sounds anything like her Alice In Wonderland song... *doesn't know how to finish sentence, but hopes the general feelings of horror/disgust are evident regardless*

---

P.S

Joanna Newsom's new album is sublime, serence and just...amazing. Everything I wanted. She's truly progressing as an artist, you can hear it.

Just...wow.

Kings Of Leon Vs. Lykke Li - Knocked Up (Rodeo Mash Up)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Suilen - Shito Shite ver.2.0

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Listening to Have One On Me, I'm just lying in the shallows of a river, as the gentle ripples slowly carve me into a new entity. Or I could be in a meadow, watching so many suns fade, and letting the green grass grow over my worn-out feet.

So essential.

THANK YOU DAN DARE!! I love this song:

http://open.spotify.com/track/6m7cBGy89tu4gnhHx4Lzus

I'm also obsessed with I am Not a Robot. You're vulnerable, you're vulnerable. I melt.

:love::love:

I want to interview Slow Club. My PR campaign starts soon.

Listening to Have One On Me, I'm just lying in the shallows of a river, as the gentle ripples slowly carve me into a new entity. Or I could be in a meadow, watching so many suns fade, and letting the green grass grow over my worn-out feet.

So essential.

20p says it's not as good as Have A Drink On Me.

Kings Of Leon Vs. Lykke Li - Knocked Up (Rodeo Mash Up)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Lykke Li is the best damn thing.

THANK YOU DAN DARE!! I love this song:

http://open.spotify.com/track/6m7cBGy89tu4gnhHx4Lzus

I'm also obsessed with I am Not a Robot. You're vulnerable, you're vulnerable. I melt.

Love Slow Club. Giving Up On Love is my favourite song to sing atm.

In about 2 weeks time, you'll hate IANAR. I was so over it about a month after I first heard it, last summer.

20p says it's not as good as Have A Drink On Me.

"Speak my name, and I'll appear."

kate+bush.jpg

I don't hate I Am Not A Robot, despite having it for effectively the same time as Chair...it's not as great as it once was, but then instantly awesome pop songs rarely keep their sheen.

My favourite album tracks of hers from The Family Jewels are definitely Shampain and Oh No!

If you are not very careful your possesions will possess you

On a completely random note, we should well do a N-E album club of sorts. Like a book club but with albums, natch. Thoughts?

Semi tried, IIRC. Or myabe I just wrote up a thread without posting..? I do that sometimes.

I like the idea, but then...albums need a lot of time to sink in etc. But then I guess first and second impressions would be interesting in themselves.

I think it would be interesting to do it with an album which isn't obvious, but is relatively well loved. Like Velvet Rope by Janet Jackson.

Joanna Newsom's new album is sublime, serence and just...amazing. Everything I wanted. She's truly progressing as an artist, you can hear it.

Just...wow.

So essential.

I'm glad to hear that her latest album is exceedng expectations, I actually have it in front of me... right now... but I'm not listening to it yet shockingly due to lack of album information, this is a problem that plagues me of late because whenever I rip a new CD the information just isn't there and can't be obtained when I try to search for it. :blank:

I realise I could still listen to the CD's but I would much rather have the information, is there a simple solution/program/place that will aid me in my quest for simple audio information? I have both Have one on Me and The Family Jewels sitting infront of me, criminally not being listened to for this very reason... help me Cosmia I'm grieving! :weep:

What do you mean? Like the titles and ordering and stuff? That's all easily available online to find out. EDIT: Wait, you have the CD, so that isn't needed.

Gracenote hasn't worked for me/my itunes in months, I have to add everything manually.

What do you mean? Like the titles and ordering and stuff? That's all easily available online to find out. EDIT: Wait, you have the CD, so that isn't needed.

Gracenote hasn't worked for me/my itunes in months, I have to add everything manually.

Yeah that's what I mean... I just hate having to add it all manually :/ the annoying thing is, they actually have an entry in their database for the album, two in fact, but they both have no track listings.

I just find itsomewhat frustrating that I could go and buy another brand new CD that's currently in the charts and the info will be there simply because it's more 'popular' I just don't get why it's so hard for the online media supplier's to keep their databases more up to date.