NEurope

Razz, you're signature is the best thing I'll ever see.

I thought you might like it :)

Apparently this is Christina Aguilera's new material. A massive departure, which is great:

It reminds me of the visuals they were using in the video for Rocket.

EDIT: Oh wait, apparently the video used in that Rocket video is Christina Aguilera's as well.

How the fuck is this so good?

Some guy told me a while ago that Sia was writing for CA these days. Perhaps why.

Butyeah.

How the fuck is this so good?

Some guy told me a while ago that Sia was writing for CA these days. Perhaps why.

Butyeah.

She's also worked with Ladyton and Goldfrapp for this album, which goes against everything I've ever thought of her, and actually has me excited.

I love the video so much, I need it as an Mp3.

EDIT: But it still might not be her, so she could infact have produced yet more tripe.

Edited by Razz

She's also worked with Ladyton and Goldfrapp for this album, which goes against everything I've ever thought of her, and actually has me excited.

I love the video so much, I need it as an Mp3.

EDIT: But it still might not be her, so she could infact have produced yet more tripe.

Haha yeh true. I will make a mental note to check out the album when it comes out.

Discussion Point: best song titles of all time? I'm not talking stupid things like 'Gazing at Me Through Tears of Urine' by Gnaw their Tounges off.

I propose Love Will Tear Us Apart

I propose it is impossible to pick a best song title of all time because time is still going!

(although Sufjan Stevens would probably win :p)

I do love interesting song titles. Titles that make you go "ooh! What does this sound like!" without being shitty Panic At The Disco nonsense. Especially if the title is simple, but not usually words found in song titles, like you, love etc.

Recently Rope Burn by Janet Jackson did that for me. It's just curious.

Pussy Control by Prince is also amusing.

One doesn't nulify the other. But it's either The Knife or Fever Ray, I mean, if you watch all the clips, it's obvious. Especially this one:

That's the one I've seen. Definitely can hear the Goldfrapp comparison, but their new single gives me the feeling it isn't them, and is more likely Knife/KarinFeverRay.

And yeah Christina wouldn't release her stuff virally first, even though she could get some good hype going around the net with the list of collaborators suprising people already. (I suppose that's already happening a little)

This is really, really good.

Isn't it? :) I think it's a better (at the very least, more cohesive) effort than their previous album. Stand out tracks for me so far include Thieves In The Night and Brothers. Can't wait to buy it next week. There is a special edition vinyl version of it available here.

I do love interesting song titles. Titles that make you go "ooh! What does this sound like!" without being shitty Panic At The Disco nonsense. Especially if the title is simple, but not usually words found in song titles, like you, love etc.

I still have a special place in my heart for them and MCR. Like the love a mother must have for her convicted murderer child. They've done so much wrong, but in my quasi-emo days, they served me well.

Oh I'm the same. But in terms of song titles, Patd just made up shit to make them sound more interesting. The songs were all over the place (enjoyable though) enough, it would have been nicer to have them named with relevance to the content. (since they clearly weren't)

Haven't given A Fever... a listen in a good while in full, but I did recently listen to all of MCR's Black Parade, remembering the golden days of 2006.

Weren't they (or at least some) just lines from the film Closer anyway?

And after my earlier mention I am now listening to Sufjan. Great titles indeed:

The Black Hawk War, or, How to Demolish an Entire Civilization and Still Feel Good About Yourself in the Morning, or, We Apologize for the Inconvenience but You're Going to Have to Leave Now, or, 'I Have Fought the Big Knives and Will Continue to Fight Them Until They Are Off Our Lands!

A Short Reprise for Mary Todd, Who Went Insane, but for Very Good Reasons

They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back from the Dead!! Ahhhh!

Weren't they (or at least some) just lines from the film Closer anyway?

I didn't know that, I just loved how stupidly out of context they were. My favourite of which being "There's a Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought of It Yet.". Far too hap handed.

Everytime I see the tracklist I think of the irony and say "But it's better if you don't."

Good times though.

I'm pretty sure "Lying is...", "But it's better..." and "I write sins" were from Closer... but I've not watched it in years.

I'm pretty sure "Lying is...", "But it's better..." and "I write sins" were from Closer... but I've not watched it in years.

Fo sho, definitely the first two. When I first watched it a couple months ago I had quite the OMGITSPANIC moment and reverted to my teens.*

And a couple of the others are from Chuck Palahnuik novels... or at least the lyrics are, I forget.

Anyhoo, old-skool Panic! are way underrated. Best pure pop album of the decade imo, way too fun. (I like to repress the follow up album) I still listen on occasion.

*Well, younger teens anyway

In anticipation of Head First, I gave my Goldfrapp collection a thorough listening to.

Among many of their great tunes I recommend:

You Never Know

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

and

Caravan Girl

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

If there was such thing as a Goldfrappuccino, it'd be so delicious.

The more I listen to Paloma Faith, the better she gets. Absolutely loving the album now. My favourite tracks:

The singles are also awesome, but you probably all know what they sound like by now.

Frak.

Joanna Newsom's new album details summary

- It's called "Have One On Me"

large.jpg?1264473665

(Official cover. Such a statement, considering YS)

- It's out on the 23rd of Feb

- It's a triple album.

Disc One:

1 - Easy 06:04

2 - Have One On Me 11:02

3 - '81 03:51

4 - Good Intentions Paving Company 07:02

5 - No Provenance 06:25

6 - Baby Birch 09:30

Total: 43:54

Disc Two:

1 - On A Good Day 01:48

2 - You And Me, Bess 07:12

3 - In California 08:41

4 - Jackrabbits 04:23

5 - Go Long 08:02

6 - Occident 05:31

Total: 35:37

Disc Three:

1 - Soft As Chalk 06:29

2 - Esme 07:56

3 - Autumn 08:01

4 - Ribbon Bows 06:10

5 - Kingfisher 09:11

6 - Does Not Suffice 06:44

Total: 42:31

- She's debuted "'81" on the Drag City site, full streaming. She's just pushed me once more into the reedy swamps from which YS was born. Her voice actually sounds so much...nicer than before.

- There are some great bootlegs of recent shows in which she plays mostly new material floating around online. I've not listened cause I'd prefer to only be "officially" spoiled, but yeah. They're there, if you're so inclined.

129886-kraven-s-last-hunt_400-740966.jpg

I have burst from my grave

and I am ready

A bit late but...

My Top Ten Favourite Albums of 2009

1. Bat For Lashes - Two Suns

two-suns-bat-for-lashes.jpg

2. Oh No Ono - Eggs

eggs-oh-no-ono.jpg

3. A Fine Frenzy - A Bomb In a Birdcage

bomb-in-a-birdcage-a-fine-frenzy.jpg

4. Neko Case - Middle Cyclon

middle-cyclone-neko-case.jpg

5. Major Lazer - Guns Don't Kill People Lazers Do

guns-dont-kill-people-lazers-major-lazer.jpg

6. Regina Spektor - Far

far-regina-spektor.jpg

7. Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavillion

merriweather-post-pavilion-animal-collective.jpg

8. Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest

veckatimest-grizzly-bear.jpg

9. Jenny Wilson - Hardships

jennywilson.jpg

10. Fever Ray - Fever Ray

fever-ray.jpg

I feel sorry for the ones that didn't make the cut but I deliberated this over a while. :) This is subject to change as I listen to more stuff from 2009 and continue to re evaluate albums.

Ah...Decent list. You reminded me to go listen to more Major Lazer actually!

Feelin a bit of Lady Gaga actually. That cunt is infectious.

Yeah its a bit disrespectful to liken a woman who has clearly suffered some serious problem to you 'crying' over some skanked up singer.

(and I mean skanked up in a nice way, I'm sure GaGa would appreciate it)

I'm pretty sure he's referring to Joanna Newsom. Or at the very least, Coolness' list.

If not, ..eh.

Joanna Newsom

I actually found that really nice! Her voice like you say has improved, less scratchy I think. I had The Milk Eyed Mender and YS, and they're not my favourite, but this for me is a good sign of what is to come.