NEurope

Has anyone here seen Justice live? I'm desperate to see them, but I've never had the chance. *Moans* :(

Has anyone here seen Justice live? I'm desperate to see them, but I've never had the chance. *Moans* :(

I saw them, but they were less exciting than CSS.

To be honest I'm not that big a fan.

Hercules & Love Affair are my favourite dance/electronic band. Everyone should check them out.

I saw them, but they were less exciting than CSS.

To be honest I'm not that big a fan.

Hercules & Love Affair are my favourite dance/electronic band. Everyone should check them out.

Is it wrong I've never listened to CSS in my life? To ask a stupid question, are they any good?

Is it wrong I've never listened to CSS in my life? To ask a stupid question, are they any good?

It's alright for you, because you seem to always be a year behind everyone else :heh:

No, seriously, you should check them out. (Don't listen to OW and people when they say CSS are shite, they lie.)

I've been listening to Rihanna all day and have to say i like her now! :p

she has some good songs! :D

It's alright for you, because you seem to always be a year behind everyone else :heh:

No, seriously, you should check them out. (Don't listen to OW and people when they say CSS are shite, they lie.)

I'm just listening to them on youtube now. I cant believe I've not heard them before. I'm loving "Lets Make Love..." and "Music Is My Hot..".

Why am I so slow! Damn. Anyway, thanks for the recommendation!

They're nothing like radiohead. why do people always say that ?:(

I can think of a few things to be honest:

1) Their lead singers seem to have similar political stances I would say except Thom Yorke isn't a prick, but is in fact the Messiah

2) They both have similar levels of popularity.

3) They are both sometimes thought as 'music to slit your wrists to'

4) They are both seen as massively overated by some people but of course it is actually impossible to overate Radiohead because they really are just that good

Ok! Now i've been listening to more Muse! :D You can never have enough!

and mainly Origin of Symmetry as i'd never listened to the album before!

It is excellent. :grin:

Yeah, Justice are great live, but CSS is a more... energetic atmosphere. Justice is like being sucked into a black hole, but after a hour and a half, you;d prefer to just go home (metaphorically).

And Haggis, you really should use Last.fm to find new people, or actually read music magazines, to get a general overview or upcoming names in the music world.

Or even funnier, buy an album on impulse without knowing anything about it. It's worked pretty well for me in the past.

Ok! Now i've been listening to more Muse! :D You can never have enough!

and mainly Origin of Symmetry as i'd never listened to the album before!

It is excellent. :grin:

It is indeed : peace: Do you have a favourite? I love Citizen Erased and Space Dementia :)

Can't beat a bit of muse loving.

Hoodoo owns my soul. <3

And so does Matthew Bellamy! :D

Takk... by Sigur Rós is great. :)

Very dream-like.

Just downloaded Coldplays new one. Not too sure about it at the moment, think it will grow on mean.

Anyway I decided to buy some albums:

Our Love To Admire - Interpol

Show me the dirt pile, and I will pray that the soul can take 3 stowaways, vanish with no guile and I will not pay, but the soul can wait, the soul can wait something something something

HERE COMES THE FALL

I like that song.

Yeah, Justice are great live, but CSS is a more... energetic atmosphere. Justice is like being sucked into a black hole, but after a hour and a half, you;d prefer to just go home (metaphorically).

And Haggis, you really should use Last.fm to find new people, or actually read music magazines, to get a general overview or upcoming names in the music world.

Or even funnier, buy an album on impulse without knowing anything about it. It's worked pretty well for me in the past.

Lol agreed, I need to start actually finding some music myself rather than relying on you guys. :D

Which music magazine would you recommend?

None, just use pitchfork.

fixed.

Well as long as you don't buy NME then you can't really go do wrong... hopefully.

I really dislike Calvin Harris.

Every one of his remixes I've heard has been shite. He literally slaughters The Ting Ting's Great DJ. And what the fuck is the album? Actually the worst collection of crap dance I've ever heard.

Hearing The Girls after hearing better covers is kinda painful.

I really dislike Calvin Harris.

Every one of his remixes I've heard has been shite. He literally slaughters The Ting Ting's Great DJ. And what the fuck is the album? Actually the worst collection of crap dance I've ever heard.

Hearing The Girls after hearing better covers is kinda painful.

Yeah, I borrowed the album off my sister just to see if it was any good, and it's just self-indulgent shite.

I'm not sure if I'd recommend a magazine, Haggis...I pick up NME if i'm going on a long journey, or Q if something particularly interesting grabs my attention on the cover.

However, as mentioned, net reviews are free, and are much funnier. Pitchfork generally knows the truth (only disgreed with it's comments on Seventh Tree so far...). It gave Homogenic by Bjork 9.9 after all.

Anyone not listening to Laura Marling is a n00b.

i will have to agree not to much a fan of calvin harris. the only tracks i like are "girls" and "vegas" the rest of the album is tripe

Yeah, but Pitchfork also gave Vampire Weekend 8.8, though their infamous review of that Jet album is comic gold.

Thankfully Pitchfork have picked many a good band for their ATP stint next Friday, just a shame that they picked Vampire Weekend and The Hold Steady, when they could have picked Marnie Stern and Dan Deacon.

Bjork_Homogenic.jpg

Sorry, I just had to. Why is this album and it's cover so incredible? :heart::bowdown:

Oh my god! Yes!

seriously, that album IS my childhood. You have no idea how much Graceland, even on pure sentiment, means to me :)

it's also fucking hardcore awesome.

I went to see his african backing band in concert once. Love them!

I've loved Simon and Garfunkel since I was little, but I just bought Graceland the other day. I can't believe I waited so long before bothering to get it, it's probably my favorite album alongside Wish You Were Here. :D

better late than never :)

in other news: Boys Noize's album Oi Oi Oi is really quite fuckin sick. Hoorah!

I'm loving Cansei de Ser Sexy, thanks for recommending it Paj. It's such a fun little album.