NEurope

I know its hardly 'real' music, but Im totally loving the DJMAX Portable 2 soundtrack at the moment :D

Here's one of the songs - and the guy playing is a god too x.x

I love "Lady Marmalade" By Aguilera, Pink, Mya and Lil' Kim. I know it's basically a cover, but it's a good one.

I just fully listened to "Hard Candy". I basically agree with Paj on the limited number of good tracks there are. But for me "She's not me" is the best track. That, "4 Minutes", "Give it 2 me" and "Heartbeat" are the only other above average tunes. The rest are a little boring to say the least.

I love "Lady Marmalade" By Aguilera, Pink, Mya and Lil' Kim. I know it's basically a cover, but it's a good one.

I just fully listened to "Hard Candy". I basically agree with Paj on the limited number of good tracks there are. But for me "She's not me" is the best track. That, "4 Minutes", "Give it 2 me" and "Heartbeat" are the only other above average tunes. The rest are a little boring to say the least.

I basically can't listen to the middle part of the album without cringing. She's Not Me isn't much better than the others.

Can't believe you don't think "Devil..." isn't the best track...

------

BTW;

THIRD by PORTISHEAD is fucking amazing. I'm in love with it already. Maybe more than Dummy.

Colin Hay is alright, but his repertoire consists of more crap than actually worthwhile music. He does have some great tunes, though.

Your repertoire consists of more crap!

:P

I don't agree, but, hey, opinions :P

I basically can't listen to the middle part of the album without cringing. She's Not Me isn't much better than the others.

Can't believe you don't think "Devil..." isn't the best track...

------

When I say "fully", I mean up to track 10. The version I downloaded has tracks 11 and 12 as "not compatible with your player". So one of those must be the "Devil..." track, and then something else. Maybe they're on youtube so I can give them a listen? Not that I'm expecting much, mind.

Edit: Never mind, they work with iTunes, just not Windows Meda Player. How strange. Anyone have any idea why they won't work with it?

------

When I say "fully", I mean up to track 10. The version I downloaded has tracks 11 and 12 as "not compatible with your player". So one of those must be the "Devil..." track, and then something else. Maybe they're on youtube so I can give them a listen? Not that I'm expecting much, mind.

Edit: Never mind, they work with iTunes, just not Windows Meda Player. How strange. Anyone have any idea why they won't work with it?

Because iTunes is made of win.

Because iTunes is made of win.

You're right, "Devil In Disguise" is the best track on the album. I'm not even going to mention "Voices", bar the fact it ends the album with "Who is the master, who is the slave" which basically sums up the album. She's allowed herself to be controlled, something she really should have learnt doesn't equate to good music...at least not with her.

A quick question, and then I'll leave the subject of Madonna behind, I promise. "She's Not Me" - what's it actually meant to mean? I'm confused as to whether it's just a bit shallow and it's about some random person imitating another woman "OMG YOU STOLE MY MAN" or it's about other singers in the industry imitating her and trying to steal her success.

You're right, "Devil In Disguise" is the best track on the album. I'm not even going to mention "Voices", bar the fact it ends the album with "Who is the master, who is the slave" which basically sums up the album. She's allowed herself to be controlled, something she really should have learnt doesn't equate to good music...at least not with her.

A quick question, and then I'll leave the subject of Madonna behind, I promise. "She's Not Me" - what's it actually meant to mean? I'm confused as to whether it's just a bit shallow and it's about some random person imitating another woman "OMG YOU STOLE MY MAN" or it's about other singers in the industry imitating her and trying to steal her success.

The title is "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You", your title is the one that was featured in the original leak IIRC. And I told you so. :)

TBH, I think it is a pretty shallow song that people interpret as being about other singers. *leaves topic of Madonna*

THIRD by PORTISHEAD is fucking amazing. I'm in love with it already. Maybe more than Dummy.

True say. The bass on 'Machine Gun' is hypnotic. 'We Carry On' is another highlight for me.

I've been listening to [crystal castles] a bit. I like most of it, but some of it sounds a little too much like noise for me.

Still. it is growing on me.

I'd love it if it was shorter. As it is, it's a bit of an effort and thusly not pure awesome.

Alice Practice remains fucking orgasmic, mind. And a few others.

I'd love it if it was shorter. As it is, it's a bit of an effort and thusly not pure awesome.

Alice Practice remains fucking orgasmic, mind. And a few others.

Heck no, it's perfect. I mean, yeah, sure, it's got like 5 filler tracks, but it makes up for it with the other tracks, genuine quality!

don't get me wrong, it rocks. I'm listening to it now in fact, but for 16 tracks, there's a point where it starts to feel like 'oh yeah, another 8 bit esque synth explosion'.

Courtship Dating reminds me of the backing tracks to 'crystal cracked' Amiga games that had been hacked to have a cheat menue at the start. Anyone following me?

don't get me wrong, it rocks. I'm listening to it now in fact, but for 16 tracks, there's a point where it starts to feel like 'oh yeah, another 8 bit esque synth explosion'.

Yup, that's the filler I'm talking about. :heh:

Dan Dare I know exactly what you mean, I thought parts of it sounded like game music that I've heard from somewhere (unless I'm talking about something else).

Tis a good album, but sometimes its just pure noise and sounds like they've just done whatever to me.

Listening to some hadouken! now, not bad not bad. Going to go see them at Reading so I thought I should listen to more of their songs.

Dan Dare I know exactly what you mean, I thought parts of it sounded like game music that I've heard from somewhere (unless I'm talking about something else).

Tis a good album, but sometimes its just pure noise and sounds like they've just done whatever to me.

that's not true at all. maybe it's because I listen to alot of complicated stuff, but CC really don't do anything out of the ordinary with structure to me. I'm always confused when people can't see it. It's like when I played my mate Atlas by battles and he jsut called it 'noise' when it clearly has a really solid, consistent beat.

that's not true at all. maybe it's because I listen to alot of complicated stuff, but CC really don't do anything out of the ordinary with structure to me. I'm always confused when people can't see it. It's like when I played my mate Atlas by battles and he jsut called it 'noise' when it clearly has a really solid, consistent beat.

Well I've only listened to it twice, maybe it'll sound better and I'll hear the beats you're talking about after some more plays.

Boooh, no Werchter for me it seems. Was gonna go on the first day with friends, but tickets for that day are sold out now. =(

Talking of stuff that is growing on me, Battles are incredible. They get better and better with each listen.

Are Liars any good? I have never heard them and nothing about them.

Also, what would people reccomend in the vein of Justice, Danger, Kavinsky, SebastiAn etc?

On the subject of Crystal Castles, just got the album and I'm a bit disappointed with 'Good Times'. I first heard the song on thesixtyone in an edited form which I think is much better:

http://www.thesixtyone.com/CrystalCastles/collection/3678/

Am I or crazy or is that version just so much better? Gonna listen to the rest of the album. Oh, and Battles rock.

By the way, if you're a Wolf Parade fan, their newest album (At Mount Zoomer) has just gotten off the boat and made shelter on the internet.

Talking of stuff that is growing on me, Battles are incredible. They get better and better with each listen.

Are Liars any good? I have never heard them and nothing about them.

Also, what would people reccomend in the vein of Justice, Danger, Kavinsky, SebastiAn etc?

Digitalism and Boys Noize, for starters. Mr Oizo is also good, but a little less punchy and more complex.

oh and Simian Mobile Disco

I love the end of Machine Gun by Portishead (it's all godd, but the end roxxxxx).

Ever fought the Terminator?!

Is Black and Gold like....a gay song?

Anyway I love it. Very awesome.

Tis a very catchy song! I like it.

Digitalism and Boys Noize, for starters. Mr Oizo is also good, but a little less punchy and more complex.

oh and Simian Mobile Disco

I have Idealism and Attack Decay Sustain Release, which is fantastic. I love I Believe.

Mr Oizo and Boys Noize will be checked out. Thank you sir.