NEurope

My mum bought me the Earth Intruders vinyl massive single set. not knowing it was Wanderlust I wanted, so I went to change it today. I'll use the money i got back to order it off Bjork.com or something.

Since I had a tenner, I bought Volta by Bjork in jewel case (already have it in digipack, but it's a laugh) and Music by Madonna.

Hmmm...I hate madonna nowadays. She actually made good music once.

I just watched the original American Life video - Woah, the last bit was so violent! I wish she hadn't pulled it at the last minute and replaced it with the shitty flag version.

Found the Wicked soundtrack on someone's library and listening to it, well, Kristin Chenoweth's songs. She's a doll. Nearly literally. So tiny.

IMO, American Life is Madonna's best album.

That's the only album of hers I own, I've just never been a big fan. I loved American Life when it came out though - and then I thought Hollywood was pretty good too so I bought the album (Well, had it bought for me, but still).

Also, I never got all the hate "Die Another Day" got, I really liked it.

That's the only album of hers I own, I've just never been a big fan. I loved American Life when it came out though - and then I thought Hollywood was pretty good too so I bought the album (Well, had it bought for me, but still).

Also, I never got all the hate "Die Another Day" got, I really liked it.

Madonna's best album will always be : Ray Of Light.

After having Bjork write her a song on her album Bedtime Stories, she went down the sparse electronica/ethereal route, to critical acclaim, and it's a great record. The follow-up, Music is also good, but a bit more dancey and mainstream. American Life is a favourite of mine too, and my first Madonna album. It's less packed with hits, but still a good, mature work.

I agree that the original vid for American Life is so much better than the rushed shite she put out instead. Good message that I support too.

Confessions On A Dancefloor was a radical departure, but it's still very good.

I DL'd Hard Candy today, and unsurprisingly (I decided I hated it the day I saw the album cover), it;s mostly awful.

After first listen, only good tracks are; 4 Minutes, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You, Give It 2 Me and She's Not Me.

It saddens me to think that someone capable of making good music that doesnt simply cater to the masses tastes has gone to becoming a desperate case of trying to please the younger generation.

:(

Is Hard Candy a Hip Hop style album? Or is it still based around Pop/Dance etc but with a little twist?

Madonna + Rap don't mix. I don't understand why she's done the whole "Featuring" business. She seemed to be able to make perfectly good albums without the need to bring in popular singers to help raise the profile of a song/album so why do it now?

Is Hard Candy a Hip Hop style album? Or is it still based around Pop/Dance etc but with a little twist?

Madonna + Rap don't mix. I don't understand why she's done the whole "Featuring" business. She seemed to be able to make perfectly good albums without the need to bring in popular singers to help raise the profile of a song/album so why do it now?

Yeah, it's crap, basically. If Confessions equalled a 10, Hard Candy is 4.

It's Pop, but with really annoyingly prevalent hip-hop beats.

She's usually good at choosing producers so that she'll sound fairly unique, but choosing the "Timba/er" crew is stupid, since they rape everyones music nowadays.

As I said, 4 minutes is probably the best track on the album, or the Devil one. But neither are hardly the best Madonna is capable of.

In the run up to HC I'd been relistening to Madonna a lot. I really love her Erotica days, and the album Erotica. The song Justify My Love (look up the controversial video) admittedly just before Erotica is still great.

I know! What the fuck is the point in having what seems like every song released now being done by him? Everywhere you look, he's there. I've got no idea why she went to him, I mean she's huge in the music scene and didn't need him to make a big record so what was the point? To get in with "kids"?

Hey Madonna, there's a thing called integrity. You used to have some.

I know! What the fuck is the point in having what seems like every song released now being done by him? Everywhere you look, he's there. I've got no idea why she went to him, I mean she's huge in the music scene and didn't need him to make a big record so what was the point? To get in with "kids"?

When I first heard Bjork was working with Timbaland my heart cried a little (this was liek a year and a hlf ago), but he wasn't as omnipresent back then.

He did great work with her, on 2 tracks. They sound totally unique, and he's not making innane comments like 'Break down", 'YEAH" or "ooh, that's right!" throughout her songs.

He's actually an alright producer, but he's a poor 'rapper' who insists on making his own name as a performer. If he stuck to his real job I'd be fine with it all.

Haha its not like this is the first time Madonna has whored herself out to the "most popular" producer, William orbit says hi amongst others. And Madonna lost her integrity about the same time U2 lost theirs.

Haha its not like this is the first time Madonna has whored herself out to the "most popular" producer, William orbit says hi amongst others. And Madonna lost her integrity about the same time U2 lost theirs.

Yes, but the difference is the music was still good. Now she just sounds like everyone else out there. You have to admit, Timberwank is being massively over-used at the minute.

Yeah, as Haggis said, Orbit produced Ray Of Light = An amazing album of intelligent music.

Timbaland is about the only big name producer who is into decent music. He's a fan of Black Dice for christs sake. He may be everywhere in music at the moment but he's still a fantastic producer. William Orbit is and always has been a generic, dull producer. Timbaland on the other hand creates innovative sounds and uses different time signitures for his tracks. He may be a little run ragged recently but amazingly there has only been a slight drop in the quality of his work, although his album was more than a little patchy.

Woo! ATP Pitchfork schedule is out and any clashes are quite minor, though Shit And Shine do clash with Sebadoh.

I don't really get Hot Chip. They make ok music, but it's nothing at all worth the praise they get.

Akin to Radiohead, but at least Radiohead are quite good.

I bought the 30 year anniversary Legacy edition of Patti Smith's Horses today.

I'm half-way through the album so far, and it's awesome.

Gloria is like the best album opener I've heard.

Bought;

Third - Portishead

Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles

4-Track Demos - PJ Harvey

Currently listening to PJ. Great, a cool re-take of the album Rid Of Me. Some songs sound better in demo form, and the previously unreleased tracks are great.

I've grown fond of Colin Hay, particularly

Colin Hay is awesome, watch the Scrubs version of that music, it's pretty cool.

Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles

I've been listening to this a bit. I like most of it, but some of it sounds a little too much like noise for me.

Still. it is growing on me.

I can't stop listening to Cocorosie's 'Noah's Ark'. I like it so much I haven't even opened their other album yet (which I know I'll love as well). Only listened to Tori Amos twice because of this CD being so good (sorry Tori). ^___^

I can't stop listening to Cocorosie's 'Noah's Ark'. I like it so much I haven't even opened their other album yet (which I know I'll love as well). Only listened to Tori Amos twice because of this CD being so good (sorry Tori). ^___^

At some point i'll pick up Cocorosie's other albums, as I only have The Adventures Of Ghosthorse And Stillborn, which wihile good, got the most mixed reviews of all their albums.

Colin Hay is alright, but his repertoire consists of more crap than actually worthwhile music. He does have some great tunes, though.