NEurope

Mucho thankies :)

Bare naked ladies did the big bang theory opening song, who knew!

It's awesome!

I have said it before but I damn well love Devandra Banhart. Songs like 'Santa Maria De Feira' are made for chilled out summer listening. Beautiful stuff.

I have said it before but I damn well love Devandra Banhart. Songs like 'Santa Maria De Feira' are made for chilled out summer listening. Beautiful stuff.

I keep meaning to check him out.

Just listened to Pretty Hate Machine - Nine Inch Nails, again. Love it. :heart:

I keep meaning to check him out.

Just listened to Pretty Hate Machine - Nine Inch Nails, again. Love it. :heart:

Santa Maria De Feria.

I Feel Just Like A Child

Heard Somebody Say

Seahorse

And lots more. I keep focusing on the songs I love but I know he has a fantastic body of work. Going to listen to more of his stuff over the next few days.

I'm currently listening to Boris because Boris won and listening to a decent Boris numbs the pain of having a conservative Boris for mayor. And Ashley you're far too rubbish to be in love with Devendra, even if the stuff you quoted is far from his best.

I'm currently listening to Boris because Boris won and listening to a decent Boris numbs the pain of having a conservative Boris for mayor. And Ashley you're far too rubbish to be in love with Devendra, even if the stuff you quoted is far from his best.

Far too rubbish? Thanks.

And I didn't say it was his best. I said it was my favourite of his from what I have heard and I plan to build upon this.

awesome.png

I fucking love this album.

Oh my god! Yes!

seriously, that album IS my childhood. You have no idea how much Graceland, even on pure sentiment, means to me :)

it's also fucking hardcore awesome.

I went to see his african backing band in concert once. Love them!

Anyone got Coldplay's new single? What do you think of it? Not impressed to be honest, it's ok enough to listen to but nothing spectacular. The album name is also the most pretentious, long and pointless name I have ever seen.

Anyone got Coldplay's new single? What do you think of it? Not impressed to be honest, it's ok enough to listen to but nothing spectacular. The album name is also the most pretentious, long and pointless name I have ever seen.

Bah, you can top it with any generic post rock band. For example:

65daysofstatic - The Distant And Mechanised Glow Of Eastern European Dance Parties

Red Sparowes - Oh Lord, God of Vengeance, Show Yourself!

From Monument to Masses - The Impossible Leap in One Hundred Simple Steps

City Breathing - look how it's snowing upwards, look how they move towards heaven

It's just your standard Coldplay stuff really. I don't love it, but it's reasonably okay. Wonder how the rest of the album'll turn out.

New song I love:

I Wish I Was Someone Better - Blood Red Shoes

I love the bit that's like "I wish I was someone better" which slowly devolves into "I was someone better, I wish".

Coldplay are like Radiohead for mongos. Only good song for me is Yellow, and even then its dull.

----

Bought Takk... by Sigur Ros today. Looking foward to listening to it.

Just downloaded Coldplays new one. Not too sure about it at the moment, think it will grow on mean.

Anyway I decided to buy some albums:

Narrow Stairs - Death Cab For Cutie

The Colourful Life - Cajun Dance Party

The Age Of The Understatement - The Last Shadow Puppets

Our Love To Admire - Interpol

Turn On The Bright Lights - Interpol

Antics - Interpol

Oracular Spectacular - MGMT

Little Death - Pete And The Pirates

Last Splash - The Breeders

Konk (2CD) - The Kooks

Antidotes - Foals

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Just downloaded Coldplays new one. Not too sure about it at the moment, think it will grow on mean.

Anyway I decided to buy some albums:

Narrow Stairs - Death Cab For Cutie

The Colourful Life - Cajun Dance Party

The Age Of The Understatement - The Last Shadow Puppets

Our Love To Admire - Interpol

Turn On The Bright Lights - Interpol

Antics - Interpol

Oracular Spectacular - MGMT

Little Death - Pete And The Pirates

Last Splash - The Breeders

Konk (2CD) - The Kooks

Antidotes - Foals

Hmmmmmmmmm.

big up on the Interpol, but the kooks? eeuuggh.

I had turn on the bright lights but cant seem to find it :( so as im going to Latitude festival in July with Interpol headining the sunday I thought it's about time I caught up with all their stuff.

And I like the Kooks :)

Yes but most people here don't like The Kooks so you're not aloud to talk about them. Do you not know the rules of the music thread Platty?

I had turn on the bright lights but cant seem to find it :( so as im going to Latitude festival in July with Interpol headining the sunday I thought it's about time I caught up with all their stuff.

And I like the Kooks :)

I bought an album of the Kooks (Inside In/Outside Out) and I must say it's not bad at all. I find the strong accents do bring something to the music.... but they take getting used to! ^^

(says me with a broad Irish accent!)

Yes but most people here don't like The Kooks so you're not aloud to talk about them. Do you not know the rules of the music thread Platty?

Yeah my bad.

*awaits the bard to shoot down my musical taste*

:heh:

Yeah my bad.

*awaits the bard to shoot down my musical taste*

:heh:

Or Oxigen_Waste, but I prefer his taste in music, so in a sick way, I enjoy being put down by him... :blank::heh:

I WAS going to buy another Nine Inch Nails album today (I have Pretty Hate Machine and Broken), but the cheap ones were remix albums I think, and I don't want one of them until I actually have the other real ones.

Anyone have any recommendations of which one/s to get from here?