NEurope

The last.fm charts seem to give an alright approximation of who the most popular bands in the world are.

The last.fm charts seem to give an alright approximation of who the most popular bands in the world are.

I suppose, but I don't see Radiohead selling as much as some people way down on the most listened artists chart...

But yeah, I mostly agree. It's the ones EVERYONE seems to like, though most of the top ten are yawn-inducing to me.

The first 8 tracks off Weezer's new album have been leaked, btw.

Listening now, seems pretty good so far.

id say the biggesy bands in the world that are still going r probably u2, rolling stones, chili peppers, coldplay, radiohead.

Everyone (who has been alive since the early 60s) has a favourite Beatles track thus they win yes? :p

I think we're talking in bands that are still going. In terms of sales Michael Jackson and The Beatles own all I think. As far as the biggest band in the world who are still currently operating I don't really know, but I know that they're dull whoever they are.

Melua, is it Katie Melua?

Weezer? jesus, who gives a shit about them these days?

I like them :(

Everyone (who has been alive since the early 60s) has a favourite Beatles track thus they win yes? :p

beatlesysum2.gif

we all live in a yellow submarine

a yellow submarine

a yellow submarine

I'm finally getting round to learning to play the bass properly, and I've pretty much perfected the bass to The Gossip's "Yr Mangled Heart".

Which other songs (which I'm likely to know and like) have good bass parts?

The first 8 tracks off Weezer's new album have been leaked, btw.

Listening now, seems pretty good so far.

"The Greatest Man..." is amazing.

I'm finally getting round to learning to play the bass properly, and I've pretty much perfected the bass to The Gossip's "Yr Mangled Heart".

"money"

pink floyd, do it, do it now!

Anything by The Stone Roses. "Fools Gold", "I Wanna Be Adored" and "She Bangs The Drums" have some class basslines.

Oh, you don't like Stone Roses? Fair enough. :woops:

I hate the Beatles. / I don't, I dislike them, and hate the hype they get.

I hate the Beatles. / I don't, I dislike them, and hate the hype they get.

Help! You need somebody! Help! Not just anybody!...

Or I could Let It Be...

Sorry. I really could not resist!

The only one i'm not opposed to is Lady Madonna. And that one titled after a woman's name? Can't remember..Jenny or something.

The only one i'm not opposed to is Lady Madonna. And that one titled after a woman's name? Can't remember..Jenny or something.

Eleanor Rigby?

"The Greatest Man..." is amazing.

Yeah, awesome. My favourite is Everybody Get Dangerous, a bit different but really cool.

Eleanor Rigby?

Yeah, that's it.

------

On a Goldfrapp splurge. I wish they hadn't done Supernature, and made like a small Ep with the good tracks off it, or something. It's bollocks compared to the other 3 albums.

This Charming Man by The Smiths has an absolutely awesome bass line, better than that gossip bullshit.

Joking, I'm not gonna be a dick about your music taste. If you want to listen to the lame music of an American Apparel sponsored Manatee thats your divine right.

HELL AWAITS

haha. wondered when you'd show up...

good choice though. that is an awesome bass line

If you want the most sublime bass part ever, learn Orion by Metallica. Some of the greatest 8 1/2 minutes of music ever recorded.

Seriously though, listen to it all the way through... it's fully instrumental, and pure untainted genius.