NEurope

although it is a bit low quality in terms of sound quality I agree this is actually quite a cool cover, when bands cover a song it should stand out by being different and I think this does this. What other Nirvana covers are there by bands?

There have been a few that I've heard, but I had never heard of these bands before and I haven't heard of them since. It was as if covering Nirvana was career suicide!

Tori Amos did a cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit IIRC.

And it's amazing.

But then unlike, Hooverphonic, she wasn't trying to just sing Nirvana's song like they did.

She takes songs and makes them her own. Listen to her version of SLTS, or her covers album, Strange Little Girls. Check out her Slayer and Eminem covers. Amazing and far more effective in conveying their message than the originals.

Shit. Just like every other Nirvana cover!

How is it nobody can cover Nirvana songs well? :nono:

Because they already suck to begin with...

Anywho, there's always the Richard Cheese & Lounge Against The Machine cover of Rape Me.

Cover bands should be banned from planet earth.

Have you ever actually heard Richard Cheese and Lounge Against The Machine?

Here's a taste:

That's Slipknot's People = Shit.

Black Devil Disco Club, people. Fucking Yes.

They're awesome. They're also on the GTA IV soundtrack on Electro Choc.

What's your favourite band which is vastly underappreciated?

For me, it's Catatonia. Seriously I love this band, so much. I know "International Velvet" (their most famous album) was big in the 90s, but their other work goes largely unnoticed.

I just love the lyrics, and her raspy voice.

From Postscript, from the album Equally Cursed And Blessed:

He came on ecclesiastically

His sermon loud and bold

And I got hold of spiritual healing

His eloquence, magnificent

I didn't stand for long

And there I learnt how prayer can be misguiding

:heart:

angL by Ishahn is absolutely amazing. And Mikael Akerfeldt is on it :yay:

What's your favourite band which is vastly underappreciated?

For me, it's Catatonia. Seriously I love this band, so much. I know "International Velvet" (their most famous album) was big in the 90s, but their other work goes largely unnoticed.

I just love the lyrics, and her raspy voice.

:heart:

gotta be The Dears for me. They're a Canadian band with a really, really good vocalsit and some pretty shit hot lyrics to go with his voice. Check em out, yo.

1204670065_l.jpg

Probably Dragonette. Or Alanis Morissette, since people just seem to ignore her superior other albums, and only listen to Jagged Little Pill.

Should say\; the dears are a bit like The bends era Radiohead meets The Smiths at their rockiest. Good combo.

anyone else heard "pendulum - in silico" yet?

quite average really. there previous album "hold your colour" is full of awesome tracks but in silico brings in alot of there new style and direction which is singing in alot of the tracks. I say alot as there is some tunes which have no singing at all which i prefer...BUT yet there is some tunes by pendulum with singing which are rather good like propane nightmares and granite.

They have made the album more commerical to get more people into there stuff but alot of the hardcore pendulum fans will be dissappointed in there latest album and direction.

Man, was bored so decided to look over my collection, and I've started listening to "Anthems to the welkin at dusk" by Emperor and "Wolverine Blues" by Entombed again...

I have come to the conclusion that if you don't like Metal as a genre, then it's simply because your puny mind can't process sounds of such magnitude.

Man, was bored so decided to look over my collection, and I've started listening to "Anthems to the welkin at dusk" by Emperor and "Wolverine Blues" by Entombed again...

I have come to the conclusion that if you don't like Metal as a genre, then it's simply because your puny mind can't process sounds of such magnitude.

its been far far too long since I listened to Athems to the Welkin at Dusk. It's a special album, and assuming you are open minded enough I don't think you need to be into metal to like it as the raw musical ability shows through.

gotta be The Dears for me. They're a Canadian band with a really, really good vocalsit and some pretty shit hot lyrics to go with his voice. Check em out, yo.

1204670065_l.jpg

They look like they should be the cast of a lower budget C.S.I.

frontman is alright, tho he looks better when he's not trying to look so moody. Quite a charasmatic stage presence when I saw em a few years back.

I love the woman on the right's hair and face though.

Albino Daughter-In-Law Elect of the Wolf King.

1204670065_l.jpg

ZOMG! the one on teh right looks like Cassie from Skins! OMGOMGOMGZORDS