NEurope

It's super-awesome. I think you should cut weezer some slack, the blue album (was it self titled? Who knows, I can remember it being blue) was a non-stop hit machine.

that's true, it was awesome. got significantly less awesome over time though and you have to wonder what they're still doing unless they've changed loads without anyone telling me...

If you want the most sublime bass part ever, learn Orion by Metallica. Some of the greatest 8 1/2 minutes of music ever recorded.

Seriously though, listen to it all the way through... it's fully instrumental, and pure untainted genius.

<3 fully instrumental music. I also love when the Bass is actually given a place in a song instead of just lying in the back shyingly tagging along.

Also, Guilty Gear Accent Core has a fucking badass soundtrack, how the hell did I ignore this for so long?

<3 fully instrumental music. I also love when the Bass is actually given a place in a song instead of just lying in the back shyingly tagging along.

Also, Guilty Gear Accent Core has a fucking badass soundtrack, how the hell did I ignore this for so long?

Tried listening to the Samurai Shamploo OST? Quite good instrumental stuff in there. Listening to it right now. Million way of the the drum is awesome.

Orion is a fucking awesome, passionate piece of music. They played it at Burton's funeral didn't they? Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets really are a bunch of excellent musicians playing at their peak.

LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great is a fantastic tune.

That is all.

the first bass line I ever learnt was pea by chili peppers but that song is pretty much just flea.

I'm gonna be very honest here... Bass = Primus. That's pretty much it, no offense to Flea, but... Les Claypool is indusputably the best bass player to ever grace the world with his existence. Seriously.

All Smiths are good for bass - This Charming Man, Barbarism Begins At Home and Rusholme Ruffians are my favourites.

Primus, yeah, if you're a fancy lad.

I was recording some bass earlier. my fingers got blistered. :(

I'm gonna be very honest here... Bass = Primus. That's pretty much it, no offense to Flea, but... Les Claypool is indusputably the best bass player to ever grace the world with his existence. Seriously.

yeh Primus are great, although they never really do much improv jams like the chili peppers do and flea is great at improv. Id say my 3 favourite bass players though probably are flea, les claypool and maybe mike watt. Obviously there are tons of other greats such as jaco pastorius, cliff burton, bootsy collins etc but those are my favourites for the kind of style I play.

Indisputably? That's a big call. I really like Primus and all things Claypool but there are so many other amazing players out there aswell. Michael Manring springs to mind, that guy is taking things to a ridiculous levels. And don't forget that without Jaco you (well, potentially) wouldn't have anything.

yeh Primus are great, although they never really do much improv jams like the chili peppers do and flea is great at improv. Id say my 3 favourite bass players though probably are flea, les claypool and maybe mike watt. Obviously there are tons of other greats such as jaco pastorius, cliff burton, bootsy collins etc but those are my favourites for the kind of style I play.

I really don't know how the Chili Peppers are so huge, I find all of it incredibly dull. In fairness the first few albums were pretty cool but they fell off so quick. They just sound like a pretty bland funk group but with an arsehole singing bullshit over the top. Check out Big Chief, Parliament, Frank Zappa, Tower Of Power, Prince, thats the real shit right there.

I really don't know how the Chili Peppers are so huge, I find all of it incredibly dull. In fairness the first few albums were pretty cool but they fell off so quick. They just sound like a pretty bland funk group but with an arsehole singing bullshit over the top. Check out Big Chief, Parliament, Frank Zappa, Tower Of Power, Prince, thats the real shit right there.

I find the Chili peppers anything but dull, I don't know how anyone can dispute that blood sugar sex magik isn't one of the greatest albums ever but I guess tis personal opinion. Frank Zappas great as is parliament/funkadelic (george clinton actually produced the chilis second album), havent really heard much tower of power but what i have heard seemed a bit cheesey for me. If you want a great funk band then check out the meters though, they kick ass.

Really liking this song atm.:smile: Nice pace changes.

Also can anyone direct me to some good, electronica/DnB?

not really into listening to dnb at home but I reccomend some roni size. Check out a band called !!! (chk chk chk) they re kind of dance kinda punk i guess but you should check em out.

I think !!! baffles most search engines (myspaz and google for sure) so look for their album title 'Myth Takers' instead and work your way from there.

I think !!! baffles most search engines (myspaz and google for sure) so look for their album title 'Myth Takers' instead and work your way from there.

Or search for chk chk chk?

that's just how you pronounce it though, the name is still !!!

meh, might work. It's intentionally annoying either way.

I listened to Hippychick by Soho.

I remembered this from years ago. I love.

Shit. Just like every other Nirvana cover!

How is it nobody can cover Nirvana songs well? :nono:

What? This is a great cover. It's done in the typical Hooverphonic style, I freaking love it. I still prefer the original, but that's only normal I guess.

although it is a bit low quality in terms of sound quality I agree this is actually quite a cool cover, when bands cover a song it should stand out by being different and I think this does this. What other Nirvana covers are there by bands?