NEurope

This is one of my favourite music videos ever.

Why?

It felt let down by the expectations.

I heard the word Interpol and came running. Well done for mentioning them, Dan. You have won my heart. Perhaps more...

Also, I'm hooked on Mogwai at the moment. Particularly this little one:

Something about it just feels very peaceful. I played this to one of the classes I was teaching when they came into the room, to instill some calmness.

Mogwai are awesome. As are Two Door Cinema Club. Good call, those involved!

Why?

It felt let down by the expectations.

Because it feels really personal, his sister is married to Thomas Mars so I suspect they're all know each other well. I like the start where it explains how Roman Coppola got involved in making it. It must have cost nothing to make and that's part of the ethos, 'Ideas are better without $'. Plus, how he says Sofia was the first person to play Phoenix to him, during The Virgin Suicides which AIR did the soundtrack to and Phoenix used to be a part of AIR. I love the stream of consciousness and I think it suits the best part of the song (about 6:40 to8:05). I like that it's a concept video and the fact it's completely aware of itself as such, and the alternate blink thing made me laugh.

The whole video is pretty much about Roman Coppola but when you listen to a song, you become its owner. You give it its values and memories and this is what the video represents, to me.

It's like no other music video I've seen.

I wouldn't use that word this time. :heh:

I really appreciated it, would be how I'd best describe it.

Yay! you finally got there Paj. :D

Tunes of the day that offer up some BIG TIMES!

Pokemon - Santa

I'll hide it in my stocking and he will find it rather shocking! ;)

The Pretty Reckless

Was in Kick Ass but I was like why have I heard this before? :D and then it occcured to me I played it a week ago to my friend and of course it is Little J from Gossip Girls band. :p

Cool song.

Finally:

Tamperer feat. Maya - Feel It

Yay! you finally got there Paj. :D

I'm actually still just at the start of the second season, but I saw the one with Robin's past on TV with a friend a while ago, and just remembered. :love:

Gotta love Robin Sparkles :D Probably my favourite shock reveal in a comedy show.

In semi-related news, just come across this;

They should play this every night after the news. Everyone would just feel better about life.

I heard the word Interpol and came running. Well done for mentioning them, Dan. You have won my heart. Perhaps more...

Also, I'm hooked on Mogwai at the moment. Particularly this little one:

Something about it just feels very peaceful. I played this to one of the classes I was teaching when they came into the room, to instill some calmness.

Dan got me into Mogwai, he went on about them for months and I finally submitted and gave them a listen a while back. One of my favourite chill out bands ever. :)

^ Sounds a little like the Muppets singing :p. I've never heard Bombay Bicycle Club before. Sounds alright though, I'll give their own stuff a listen soon. I'm sure it's better.

Just got a very offputting timbre to his voice.

--

Dug up this while researching music video directors;

Really quite interesting, and I bought the remastered version off iTunes and it's orgasmic. I find that's why a lot of 80's/70's synth stuff sounds so blah..it just needs a good remaster.

Edited by Paj!

Chemical Brothers new album 'Further' is out in June. It's an 8 track album so you could be forgiven for thinking its too little. However they've released the track Escape Velocity onto Youtube which will be part of the album, and it's a 12 minute beast.

Yeah that's a pretty sexy new track. Heard it on the radio in full yesterday.

Fuck I love 6Music.

Now here's a funky tune. I think her new album is out in a few months.

hat Sia track is about 10x more exciting than anything else I've heard her do. Huzzah.

To comemmorate the music thread reaching its 666th page, here's a video related to that number...

Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast

Feel free to post better examples related to all things demonic/evil/etc...