NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

The Great Global Warming Swindle - Channel 4

It's on right now.

Basically, a lot of people think that humans are not the cause for global warming. It may interest you, watch it now. Channel 4.

watch an inconvinient truth too, im not sure about the whole swindle but al gores pretty daming...

Oh shit. Man, I'm running out of rants, I'm gonna take a break on this one. Swindle my ass.

Lets pretend pouring billions of tons of poisonous gases into the atmosphere, and chopping down the rainforest causes no harm whatsoever. Lets also pretend we can fly and jump out of a tall building.

Lets also pretend we can fly and jump out of a tall building.

We can't?

Crap.:(

i love how they always use eerie music to dramatise everything

Same. :D I love how these programs are shot.

Quite an interesting viewing so far. Makes you think.

They were on Richard & Judy earlier talking about this. They bring up some good and valid points.

Global warming is largely caused by the greenhouse gas H2O. We haven't affected it much.

chopping down the rainforest causes no harm whatsoever. Lets also pretend we can fly and jump out of a tall building.

the trees is the one thing they have not mentioned, just evidence of the natural warming not the man made, anyway dead ringers is on

I watched a little bit, but I stopped as my family started arguing..

Im not sure what to think though, Their points make sense, but Ive been taught that its our fault. Not that we havent played a huge part in it though.

meh, its not an issue that concerns me a lot at the moment..

I agree there is natural warming. But the latest century the temperature has been increasing together with the increased amount of pollution.

Instrumental_Temperature_Record.png

And it doesnt look to be stopping anytime soon.

Right, it's not our fault. Is that why it's so much hotter in places where there are so more many cars and more power used?

Lets say that it isn't completly our fault. Would it be bad for us cut down on the CO2 and make us less dependent on oil and cars,improving our lifestyle?

Screw global warming.....being my stubborn self I have never agreed with the theory due to the fact the world has never stayed the same temperature.

From a mad prophets point of view it will get warmer and people will drown and die due to decreasing landmass, meanwhile because the government is banning the right to controlled self destruction we will get over populated and people will live miserable lifestyles of starvation without shelter, by which point sex will also be illegal....Japan will make some floaty islands and then the earth will gradually begin to freeze over again, but everyone will be so fucking bored they will probably start topping themselves out of boredom anyway.

..Or something.

So far they're coming up with the common holes in the Global Warming theory, but they're also only telling half the story and failing to mention the evidence that makes most of the stuff they're saying a bit bullshit. The idea that its all a great conspiracy by Margret Thatcher, the scientific community and environmentalists has made me laugh the most so far.

Edit: Ok it's now got so stupid that I'm just shouting at the telly.

I watched a little bit, but I stopped as my family started arguing..

Im not sure what to think though, Their points make sense, but Ive been taught that its our fault. Not that we havent played a huge part in it though.

meh, its not an issue that concerns me a lot at the moment..

Thing is, because one side is saying one thing and another side is saying something else, it's just going to confuse the public.

I recommend you watch it, it seems pretty heated already.

Have you noticed the double meaning here?

Heated, you see?

I'vs een An Inconvenient thruth and to be honest - I'm inconveniently converted to a new Al Gore. The things he shows there are so factual, that they're almost astonishing. Pretty good stuff. You can check it at http://www.peekvid.com if you want. I thought it was on there.

Have you noticed the double meaning here?

Heated, you see?

I'vs een An Inconvenient thruth and to be honest - I'm inconveniently converted to a new Al Gore. The things he shows there are so factual, that they're almost astonishing. Pretty good stuff. You can check it at http://www.peekvid.com if you want. I thought it was on there.

Haha, I didn't even notice I did that...I mean, it was intended. Yes. :heh:

They did show a bit about Al Gore in this. What a guy.

Screw global warming.....being my stubborn self I have never agreed with the theory due to the fact the world has never stayed the same temperature.

From a mad prophets point of view it will get warmer and people will drown and die due to decreasing landmass, meanwhile because the government is banning the right to controlled self destruction we will get over populated and people will live miserable lifestyles of starvation without shelter, by which point sex will also be illegal....Japan will make some floaty islands and then the earth will gradually begin to freeze over again, but everyone will be so fucking bored they will probably start topping themselves out of boredom anyway.

..Or something.

Ok, now I'm just really depressed.

I'm more inclined to go with the minority here. They make valid points, I don't see why people are so quick to dismiss it, it's not like any of us know better. We could well be pouring billions of tonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere. We are contributing to global warming, but there is no definate proof either way of how much we are contributing, mankind could be a major contributer or be very negligable in the whole sceem of things.

Global warming? It's a load of hot air!

You're right, it does beat boiling oceans off course. On the other hand, we breath air, don't we? So don't we kind of need it? Now if it gets to warm - we're in for trouble. because we're not the only ones living on air. Every plant adopted for cold air is getting heated air. Now there's a problem. The agriculture has to change, the way of life has to change and people can't live at the equatator anymore. Along with that the water level rises, so more and more land is taken over and - even more! - our population is still growing (to 9 billion in about thirty years from now - but on the other hand, we're running out of land for them all!

Yes, it's all caused by hot air - but it's certainly not something to let happen.

Sign in to follow this