N-Europe

Manhunt 2

ZeldaFreak

Manhunt 2 is coming to wii/ps2/psp

PS2 and PSP development is being done by Rockstar London being helped by Rockstar North.

However the Toronto studio is doing all the stuff for the wii title.

"With Manhunt 2 we have tried to create a game that stays close to the original concept of chilling suspense and stealth, whilst pushing the game design and storytelling forward," said Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games.

Sounds too good to be true, how many of you will buy it?

Oh did I mention its supposed to be out by summer 2007

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=72714

Rockstar is working on a follow-up to controversial 2003 stealth-action game Manhunt, where players were tasked with violently murdering gang members to help make underground snuff films.

Advertisement

It's due out on PlayStation 2, PSP and - believe it or not - Wii as soon as this summer, with primary development on the PS2/PSP versions going on at Rockstar's new London studio in conjunction with Rockstar North, while the publisher's Toronto studio has a go at the Wii version.

"With Manhunt 2 we have tried to create a game that stays close to the original concept of chilling suspense and stealth, whilst pushing the game design and storytelling forward," said Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games.

"We are also excited to have our newest development team, Rockstar London, working on the title alongside our two established UK studios, Rockstar North and Leeds."

Manhunt 2 doesn't appear to have been rated yet, in case you're wondering.

The original Manhunt, originally a PlayStation 2 exclusive but also subsequently released on PC and Xbox, attracted a bit of controversy when it was first released - although apart from yards of frothing copy and Daily Mail headlines nothing much ever came from it. The press, eh? We have no real power.

Didn't the original get banned?

It was temporarily removed from some stores after it was linked to the murder. When it was found out that the murderer hadn't even played the game, it was back in stores. (It was linked to the murder because the victim had the game)

This was a game i was praying for on the Wii in particular but thought it would be so unlikely....Support from Rockstar is quite an accomplishment imho.

I hope this does see a release cos I really enjoyed the xbox version.

Oh ho ho, the Daily Mail are going to have a field day.

Too right.

Nothing like teaching teens how to strangle someone from behind with a nunchuck and wiimote combination or bash someones skull in with a blunt object to generate a few extra sales :grin: