NEurope
ZeldaFreak

Manhunt 2

Manhunt 2 is coming to wii/ps2/psp

PS2 and PSP development is being done by Rockstar London being helped by Rockstar North.

However the Toronto studio is doing all the stuff for the wii title.

"With Manhunt 2 we have tried to create a game that stays close to the original concept of chilling suspense and stealth, whilst pushing the game design and storytelling forward," said Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games.

Sounds too good to be true, how many of you will buy it?

Oh did I mention its supposed to be out by summer 2007

Sauce?

Until then, assuming this is so:

Hmmmm, possibly. I heard the first one was pretty decent. There are going to be other things more likely to grab my attention mind.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=72714

Rockstar is working on a follow-up to controversial 2003 stealth-action game Manhunt, where players were tasked with violently murdering gang members to help make underground snuff films.

Advertisement

It's due out on PlayStation 2, PSP and - believe it or not - Wii as soon as this summer, with primary development on the PS2/PSP versions going on at Rockstar's new London studio in conjunction with Rockstar North, while the publisher's Toronto studio has a go at the Wii version.

"With Manhunt 2 we have tried to create a game that stays close to the original concept of chilling suspense and stealth, whilst pushing the game design and storytelling forward," said Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games.

"We are also excited to have our newest development team, Rockstar London, working on the title alongside our two established UK studios, Rockstar North and Leeds."

Manhunt 2 doesn't appear to have been rated yet, in case you're wondering.

The original Manhunt, originally a PlayStation 2 exclusive but also subsequently released on PC and Xbox, attracted a bit of controversy when it was first released - although apart from yards of frothing copy and Daily Mail headlines nothing much ever came from it. The press, eh? We have no real power.

Awesome, I'm getting this bad boy, we need to secure Rockstar's support.

I think I'll hold off and get Eledees & Dewey's Adventure instead. Just to nark him off. :heh:

Didn't the original get banned?

I think so.

Anyways the wii is for kids, kids who like to kill other kids.

Didn't the original get banned?

It was temporarily removed from some stores after it was linked to the murder. When it was found out that the murderer hadn't even played the game, it was back in stores. (It was linked to the murder because the victim had the game)

Well well well............................. I dont think anyone saw this coming! now let's hope Rockstar make a decent game so that us Wii users support them and buy this then we might just see GTA Wii.

Well least this will interest a lot of people,this should boost sales for Wii!

Will help sell the Wii to teenagers more which is always a plus.

oh my this has got to be one of the games best built for the wii, it will sell brilliantly

This was a game i was praying for on the Wii in particular but thought it would be so unlikely....Support from Rockstar is quite an accomplishment imho.

I hope this does see a release cos I really enjoyed the xbox version.

Oh ho ho, the Daily Mail are going to have a field day.

Too right.

Nothing like teaching teens how to strangle someone from behind with a nunchuck and wiimote combination or bash someones skull in with a blunt object to generate a few extra sales :grin:

Holy Crap, the original had old Jack Thompson foaming at the mouth, imagine with the possible control scheme for the Wii version this will have Jacky and his minions screaming from the rooftops..... (so lets follow them and push them off :heh:)

I'm sorry but I'm not a daily mail reader or ought like that (I like GTA but find it abit repetative, not that I need to justify myself) but I played this game at my mates house once and I found it quite sick and perverted. I don't see how people can find it fun to play this game. My mind boggles

This isnt reality, thats whats so fun. Nobody would enjoy hurting people in real life.

Yeah but the graphics are supposed to make this look realistic. I don't want to suffacate someone with a plastic bag in any sort of form.

Does anyone else find this game sick? or are people just not bothered about doing things like this?

Not much to do with the topic(fact nothing at all) but love your sig Mokong..

Now something to do with the topic,the controls will be interesting and how they use it.Doubt i'll buy the game though but i'm sure it'll turn heads to the Wii.