NEurope
ZeldaFreak

Manhunt 2

IGN Had hand on with Manhunt 2 for the Wii.And made very positive comments.

"We can tell you that it is very, very fun and we had a blast with it.""It's awesome *pauses* and it's super crazy bloody, so if you're into that sort of thing as Bozon is because he's got issues... it's really good and we're really shocked at how well and beautiful, I mean it's pretty good looking for a Wii game, I'd say it's one of the prettier looking games on Wii."

"I think it's the first game that bounces between, maybe a little under Xbox and maybe a tad bit over it."

"Certainly the blood effects look really nice."

"Well the difference was, if it was on xbox they would have much better lighting and textures, but then the xbox version would probably chop up too."

"Manhunt 2 on wii, it looks like its going to be great, I'm really looking forward to it."

"We can't talk about details yet but we'll have some coverage this coming week, look forward to that but what we can say is that you're going to want the Wii version absolutely, there's absolutely no reason to get the PS2 version. You're going to see why, we're going to explain why.... there are several fundamental major reasons why you're going to want the Wii version"

"Yeah we went hands on with the Wii version for a long time, like a 4 hour session and it's the first time I've had a wii game where I sat down with it for 4 hours and when they took it away I was actually like don't, don't."

"You just don't know right, cause you see these games."

"Aside from Zelda, seriously I love this game."

"For me it's like they announce this game and at the back of my mind it's like: ugh I hope this isn't going to be a stupid port with like tacked on wii controls, it doesn't feel that way at all. We can't talk about why of course. People are now learning that manhunt 2 is going to be good on Wii"

"When we normally demo Wii games, there are normally like 2 people who watch us and then say kiddie or whatever and walk away, and that's normally how it happens but for Manhunt 2 for Wii when we brought that in we had the whole office in including a bunch of people who just normally don't care about videogames"

"Like people who've seen wii sports and like nothing else"

"And a lot of them were like 'My God I can't believe that's happening' and everyone was laughing and wincing"

"One person actually said 'why is he holding a wii controller to play this?' and then they were confused as to why this game was on Wii they didn't understand what they were seeing"

"They kept asking 'Is this a Wii game?' and YES, yes it's on Wii"

"So I mean like, great, wow. It really rocked the house."

"Rockstars doing allright they're brining a lot to wii so that's good"

"Absolutely."

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25640724&page=1

http://wii.ign.com/articles/790/790116p1.html

- Manhunt 2 is looking really good. They’ve played 4 hours of it, and the entire IGN offices were watching

http://gonintendo.com/?p=18128

Nice to see it's a fun, good, funny game for everyone.

theres a movie somewhere, may have been Kotaku...where they showed one of the killings, they have got a hell of a lot more gruesome...shows someones spine being pulled out...

IGN really are stupid clueless dorks when it comes to tech specs... (assuming the following comes from them)

"Well the difference was, if it was on xbox they would have much better lighting and textures, but then the xbox version would probably chop up too."

Yeah, because Xbox has more RAM than Wii (NOT) and because Xbox could do more light sources than GC did (NOT).

Wii has more RAM, so if textures aren't better... it's because developers aren't using them; and... GC did 8 light sources on Hardware, Xbox did 4.

Not major, but still, it pisses me off.

Well it's obvious you'll be able to turn the wii-mote left and right on it's side quickly to break someones neck...that be great! :indeed: :wink:

Sounds great.

God I really wanna check this out on Wii. IGN seemed to really like it :)

IGN really are stupid clueless dorks when it comes to tech specs... (assuming the following comes from them)

Yeah, because Xbox has more RAM than Wii (NOT) and because Xbox could do more light sources than GC did (NOT).

Wii has more RAM, so if textures aren't better... it's because developers aren't using them; and... GC did 8 light sources on Hardware, Xbox did 4.

Not major, but still, it pisses me off.

Look shut the fuck up. You do this every time but where's the evidence that Wii can actually do these things better than the Xbox? Why aren't we seeing brilliantly bump mapped games with awesome lighting like Chaos Theory? Give me a solid reason other than " developers are lazy" and don't spout any tech bullshit about what you THINK the Wii can do either.

Peer's comments don't have anything to do with the shit you mentioned, he doesn't mean it literally in a NUMBERS AND DIGITS way, he means that regardless of what the systems can APPARENTLY do tech wise, you're much more likely to see high resolution bump mapped textures and really good lighting with stencil shadows in your average Xbox game than your average Wii game, even if it's 2 versions of the same game.

Look shut the fuck up. You do this every time but where's the evidence that Wii can actually do these things better than the Xbox? Why aren't we seeing brilliantly bump mapped games with awesome lighting like Chaos Theory? Give me a solid reason other than " developers are lazy" and don't spout any tech bullshit about what you THINK the Wii can do either.

Peer's comments don't have anything to do with the shit you mentioned, he doesn't mean it literally in a NUMBERS AND DIGITS way, he means that regardless of what the systems can APPARENTLY do tech wise, you're much more likely to see high resolution bump mapped textures and really good lighting with stencil shadows in your average Xbox game than your average Wii game, even if it's 2 versions of the same game.

Wowowo, Where the hell did that come from?

from the fact around here IGN constantly gets treated as some fucking DARK EVIL FORCE and Matt Cassamassina as SATAN HIMSELF even though it's just a damn game site and Cassamassina is just a journalist doing his fucking job, to a point where some guy (Peer Schneider, founder of IGN) makes some vague comment in a podcast about specs and people are jumping on it like HOLY FUCK "THOSE CLUELESS MORONS SPOUTING THEIR SHIT GOD IGN ARE *****."

I guess it was just easier to do on Xbox because it had pixel shaders.. easier to do!

Its just my 2 cents..

from the fact around here IGN constantly gets treated as some fucking DARK EVIL FORCE and Matt Cassamassina as SATAN HIMSELF even though it's just a damn game site and Cassamassina is just a journalist doing his fucking job, to a point where some guy (Peer Schneider, founder of IGN) makes some vague comment in a podcast about specs and people are jumping on it like HOLY FUCK "THOSE CLUELESS MORONS SPOUTING THEIR SHIT GOD IGN ARE *****."

You have a good point. IGN know there stuff, they are a huge webside with an international following but people round here pick up on the smallest detail. You can't expect a company that big not to go wrong now and again.

Look mate, who are you to tell me to shut up? I don't remember saying that to you numerous times before did I?

I don't think we are on that basis of confidence with each other.

Bump maps? Rogue Squadron II a GC launch title uses bump maps on all surfaces using 8 light sources and 15 million polygons @ 60 frames per second, that's already more throughput than Xbox did in it's life cycle. I don't think Wii could do, I roughly know what is the minimum it could do; based on what was done on GC.

I give you solid reasons you're the one who always questions them without stuff to back it up. Chaos Theory runs on Unreal Engine 2x a engine EPIC optimized for Xbox 1 since it was so close to a regular computer and it even used directX libraries; GC was left with a PS2 level port of the engine 2.5. That and our port of the games wasn't done by the Ubi Montreal studio, the original developers. Splinter Cell's where always meant for PC and Xbox as cross platform, GC being diferent was left with a PS2 port. The original Splinter Cell on GC while being based on a inferior port (made by Xangai) managed to be the only one running at 60 frames and have the best water effects, that's just how loose it was. Later ports were criticized for being sloppy also.

Oh cool; but that's precisely it, Peers comments (it was he who said that?) come from his head, what he saw in third party attempts maybe when the GC games were equal to PS2 and the Xbox were better, but that's because Microsoft funded ports with better graphics for Xbox, otherwise no one would preppy up their ports for a system whose install base was smaller and thus would sell worse, just like they don't always do that with Wii.

Some GC exclusives would beg to differ.

That's not the point.

The point is... when it comes to tech stuff they talk out of their asses, it's just freaking obvious; lastly, I'm right, and they're wrong. I love it how I give facts and someone tells me to shut up giving no facts whatsoever, and just justifying that the guy was talking what he thinks from his head; and that... I know.

Tech spec wise, (and not only that in real time conditions too) GC did more light sources with less hit, and *gasp* Wii has more RAM than Xbox, also... Wii and GC before it do Z-buffer without wasting memory, so while GC was really limited, Wii has more RAM, and even if it has the same amount it would equal to more available for developers since it's more efficient.

One of GC's strengths against Xbox was the amount of light sources, so that's really stepping on dog shit for them, and saying a console with more RAM, pipelines, more textures per pass and all is doing well in coming close to a Xbox is pretty much ridiculous too.

For the record I have nothing against Matt, (and nothing against you as long as you don't go and attack me) I can affirm he knows shit about hardware though. When he talks I feel the urge, "Oh no, he's on it... again". If he was on some forums sure, "poor n00b" but he's a Journalist when he says things like that he's misleading other people.

I guess it was just easier to do on Xbox because it had pixel shaders.. easier to do!

Its just my 2 cents..

Not really easier, just different, but for Xbox, PS3 and X360 you can share shader resources (code) for Wii you have to rewrite them.
You have a good point. IGN know there stuff, they are a huge webside with an international following but people round here pick up on the smallest detail. You can't expect a company that big not to go wrong now and again.
Thing is, they have good sources when it comes to leaking info and even numeric specs, but they truly suck when interpreting them and knowing what that means for the systems.

This last comment about Xbox for example, was ridiculous it's not something I expect to be said in a "serious" games website, hence why I picked on it, it's wrong and it's misleading.

This last comment about Xbox for example, was ridiculous it's not something I expect to be said in a "serious" games website, hence why I picked on it, it's wrong and it's misleading.

I agree there is some structural problems, they do need to shake up their infrastructure, but that's for a different thread, not the Manhunt 2 one.

I agree there is some structural problems, they do need to shake up their infrastructure.
I don't think their structure is really that bad, I mean, it works and at least they don't put a Xbox guy reviewing Nintendo titles, or a playstation guy reviewing Xbox games for that matter, there's some differences and even fanboy attitudes in there, but it really works better (separate). IGN is still one of the best professional online websites when it comes to games.

They also happen to be the worse ones I know when it comes talking about what Wii can do and what it can't, not because the others think different, but probably because they are overconfident in thinking they know what they're saying. ("Wii can't do normal maps" is a prime example)

If we really wanted we could blame Nintendo for this even, I mean, sure IGN are giving out some wrong facts (or at least correctable ones), but Nintendo is keeping strong NDA's and even confidential information from most developers. They don't mind today, and didn't mind people thinking Xbox was more powerful than GC in every single way (despite being different architectures with different strengths), but while that attitude is like "who cares about the specs, care about the games instead" really does nothing to protect the image of the console techwise.

I'd love to see the full documentation for Wii for example. Developers weren't even notified TEV pipeline has 16 stages now. :blank:

I don't think their structure is really that bad, I mean, it works and at least they don't put a Xbox guy reviewing Nintendo titles, or a playstation guy reviewing Xbox games for that matter, there's some differences and even fanboy attitudes in there, but it really works better (separate). IGN is still one of the best professional online websites when it comes to games.

They also happen to be the worse ones I know when it comes talking about what Wii can do and what it can't, not because the others think different, but probably because they are overconfident in thinking they know what they're saying. ("Wii can't do normal maps" is a prime example)

If we really wanted we could blame Nintendo for this even, I mean, sure IGN are giving out some wrong facts (or at least correctable ones), but Nintendo is keeping strong NDA's and even confidential information from most developers. They don't mind today, and didn't mind people thinking Xbox was more powerful than GC in every single way (despite being different architectures with different strengths), but while that attitude is like "who cares about the specs, care about the games instead" really does nothing to protect the image of the console techwise.

I'd love to see the full documentation for Wii for example. Developers weren't even notified TEV pipeline has 16 stages now. :blank:

Ummm... i think you just disagreed with me but then proved my point. When i said infrastructure i don't necessarily mean just physical people.

Ummm... i think you just disagreed with me but then proved my point. When i said infrastructure i don't necessarily mean just physical people.
I see, just interpreted it wrong then :)

More importantly, IGN saying the game looks better than PS2... I wonder how Wii version looks because the last screenshots of the game I've seen looked average.

I'll be sure to look at those videos when they come.

Fuck this thread is complicated:) I hate spec talk really it confused the hell put of me.

Anyway this game is looking class. if ign recon we will want the wii version that surely must mean the controls are brilliant

James I'm not a mod, but you should watch your tongue, we all know you don't want to seem a fanboy and you dont like the portuguese mafia, so you to bitch all the time, but you better cool it, or you'll end up with cement shoes.

James I'm not a mod, but you should watch your tongue, we all know you don't want to seem a fanboy and you dont like the portuguese mafia, so you to bitch all the time, but you better cool it, or you'll end up with cement shoes.
Cement shoes lack style nowadays, I'd rather tie Xbox's on my victims foots to make them sink.

Xbrick for the win :P

Seriously James, no hard feelings (but we shouldn't really be pulling this again, let's get back on topic)

Well this thread got a bit aggressive...bit like the game really..

For me just cannot wait for this game...loved the original, graphically I think it is good...the original had this deliberate grainy look to it.

I just wish there was a microphone for the Wii it was awesome..whistling on the Xbox game to distract people was one of the most satisfying gaming experience...