NEurope
ZeldaFreak

Manhunt 2

well you don't seem to have played the first Manhunt game sister... you murder thugs who try to kill you.. I played the first one and I was quite fun and challenging.. and anyway.. anything the so called "establishment" is trying to ban, I will rush out and get right away.. thinking about starting to smoke.. and have weapons of mass destruction in my back yard

ok...maybe taking it to far, but the point is there none the less....

More great news. This is fantastic and shows that the Wii can attract great third party support and have top titles - NOTE Konami!!! Plus the boxart is sweet!

Looks like Nintendo have for some reason felt the need to make a statement about this game here it is:

Manhunt 2 is not developed or published by Nintendo. It is one of many titles released by third party publishers for our system that appeal to people of all ages and interests. Just as with movies, television, and books, different video games appeal to - and are appropriate for - different audiences. Video game retailers and purchasers are strongly encouraged to follow the age-specific ESRB ratings when considering what software to sell or buy. If parents are concerned about kids having access to inappropriate Wii games, we encourage them to utilize the PIN-operated Parental Control features built into Wii.

I mean it's pretty standard as far as responses go but at least it highlights the parental controls showing that Nintendo are doing their part in keeping parents happy.

The only reason I care for this game is that it's made by Rockstar North, who made the 3D GTA games, which could mean we get a GTA of some sort for the Wii...

Mind though, Rockstar released Smugglers run for the GC just after launch...

I'm really happy with the way Nintendo handled it. I think that's a really important part of this type of games finding acceptance in the mainstream.

I think especially Nintendo saying it could have an impact, and I hope they stand firmly by this statement.

Here is some information from the magazines

• Bag, glass shard, 'heavy handgun', nightstick and double barrel shotgun return. One bag execution has Daniel standing behind an orderly punching him in the face while the orderly is on his knees. There is also what appears to be a smaller hammer in one image, although I can’t confirm that.

• Biro, sledge hammer and spiked bat join the party.

• There is a brother level named 'the Honey Pot', a woman named Judy is here – the brother is a ‘front’ for recruiting for ‘The Project’.

• Environmental kills are noted by white x on the h.u.d. The radar returns.

• There are telephone and toilet environmental executions.

• There is now a weapons inventory which now pauses game. No idea if this means you can carry more than 1 item from each grouping.

• The Director, gangs, CCTV cameras and death row dodger, James Earl Cash, from the first Manhunt won't play a part.

• Manhunt 2 's main character, scientist Dr Daniel Lamb, is locked in a private asylum by The Project - shady backers of a top secret drugs-based weapons program that Lamb was working on

• After breaking out of the asylum, Daniel Lamb goes on the run with psychotic inmate Leo Kasper, who is happy to coach Lamb on the brutal art of violence

• Like the first Manhunt, kills are executed in three deadly shades - Hasty, Violent and Gruesome

• Environmental kills have been introduced (push an enemy face first into a live fuse box, for example)

• Loud ambient noises can be exploited by Lamb to drown out his own crashing about

• When hiding in shadows, if an enemy comes close the player will sometimes have to copy a button combo in order to regulate Lamb's breathing and ensure that he remains undetected

• Lamb can climb and crawl - two moves that Manhunt's James Earl Cash couldn't do

• Guns can be used for stealth kills"

• Free aim shooting – the magazine notes shooting as being easier due to free aim shooting, but this was also present in the original game. It is presumably enhanced.

• Rockstar North is doing the audio for the game, which means the return of Craig Conner and Allan Walker.

• Hinted at that the USB headset will return - Just my assumption, not confirmed!

• Level design and (most) game mechanics are very similar to the first game. No free roaming (GTA).

The magazine appears to have had the chance to play the first two levels from the game, the first acting as a tutorial. They say that Daniel had been working on a drugs-based weapons program (for ‘The Project’) six years prior to the events in the game and that he is a lot more complex than Cash was. The game picks up with Daniel in containment, and his first victim is a female doctor, which he kills by strangling her. An electrical storm soon hits and knocks out the power to the hospital, freeing the patients, as Daniel passes by the cells an inmate throws urine over him! And this is where the stealth mechanics of the game begin to come into play. Apparently if you aren’t quiet in your escape then a ‘larger’ inmate will throw faeces over you, sound lovely. Before long you meet Leo, the magazine goes onto explain that Daniel is so helpless in the beginning that he won’t fight back when attacked, it isn’t until his health drops so low and he has had enough of Leos taunting that he stands up for himself.

The magazine skips forward ‘several hours’, it doesn’t explain if this is through a cut-scene or if they are jumping ahead of levels in-between. But the level they describe is the brothel level ‘The Honey Pot’, the purpose of the level is to find Judy. Upon arriving at the brothel they are greeted by a pimp, who takes Daniels ID, this is when you are introduced to environmental kills. The level is described as having pimps, project members and people having sex everywhere. The sounds of people having sex allow for Daniel to manoeuvre his way around the brother easier due to them drowning out any sound he may be making.

The magazine states that the game is due for release ‘this spring’ rather than summer, this is likely a difference of opinion but isn’t spring usually around April or May?

Studio manager for Rockstar London, Mark Washbrook also participated in a interview in the magazine. When asked 'Any chance we'll see Piggsy again?' Mr. Washbrook responds with ' Ah, we'll see’.

Excerpts:

• No title has satisfied the fiercely loyal Manhunt fan base since its release and there was no question that we could leave them hanging any longer!

• Although there's no denying that Manhunt contained violence and gore it would be missing the point if people thought these elements were what made Manhunt as great as it was.

I also want to add that the game looks great; it is easily the best looking Rockstar game graphically (with exception to Table Tennis – obviously). It retains the same art direction of the first title but looks a whole lot more polished than anything that has come before it. So far everything is looking outstanding in my opinion, Rockstar have attained everything that made the first game great all while expanding upon it and they appear to be making it for the people that want the game, rather than trying to change the opinions of others.

Boxart:

Manhunt%202%20Wii%20Box%20Art%20FINAL.jpg

And story description (as per gamestop):

An experiment at a secret research facility has gone catastrophically wrong. Daniel Lamb and Leo Kasper are the only surviving subjects. The Pickman Project will stop at nothing to hunt them down and stop the truth from getting out. Demented screams echo around the dank asylum that has caged you for the last six years. You open your eyes. A white-coated body slumps to the floor through your shaking hands. A bloody syringe slips from your arm. Waves of confusion and paranoia crash over you. You have no idea who you are or how you got here.

The door to your cell is open. One choice. One chance. They took your life. Time to take it back.

Manhunt 2. Coming Summer 2007

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product%5Fid=281699

ohhh I already wring my hands in anticipation of this game and the reaction from the public..

ohhh I already wring my hands in anticipation of this game and the reaction from the public..

The reaction will be to buy it for their underage children and then complain about how it's "warping kids minds!"

I think I might buy this out of curiosity more than anything.

1st picture.. nice detail on their faces, but the rest their bodies :eek:

They could use some nicer textures on the Wii..

..the first picture (especially the bodies.. and to an extent the location) reminds me very much of Shadowman for the N64.. which I should probably go back and try to finish some time :hehe:

..the first picture (especially the bodies.. and to an extent the location) reminds me very much of Shadowman for the N64.. which I should probably go back and try to finish some time :hehe:

Shadowman, I've got a friend who worked on it. got myself a free copy off him, never did complete it either!

anyway I'm well excited for Manhunt 2, think the graphics look pretty good, just wondering how the absence of the director from the first game will affect the games atmosphere, one of the best things in the original was wearing the xbox headset and having him whispering in your eyes....

One thing I'm finding difficult is to really see just how good graphics are with the Wii. It's like when people see games and say 'Oh it looks like a Dreamcast game' when in reality it looks far better than any Dreamcast games it's just people are used to amazing graphics like 360 and PS3 games. Not sure if graphics are matching Gamecube graphics or not.

Pictures look terrible, just a PS2 game.

i'll settle for that....wingisland looked like an n64 game

I actually don't care what it looks like, funnily enough. It'll be great anyway.

I actually don't care what it looks like, funnily enough. It'll be great anyway.

Exactly. the original didn't look great, it had a grainy CCTV look to it, hell the animation isn't even that fantastic... but is one of my favourite games of all time, it's all about the dark brooding atmosphere, you will find very few games that draw you in like the original Manhunt....

Whens this out? June 29th?

Watched the trailer on gametrailers and it looked brutal.

*sits and waits for it to be released!!*

I was one of the sickos that enjoyed Manhunt. :D MAKE THAT PIG SQUEAL!! I hope the toilet kills are comical!

i am not interested in this game but its very importand for Wii to have the support of rockstar and if manhunt ll sell good its alsmost sure we ll se a GTA game in Wii..I think nindendo do great job to attract 3rd publishers in the wii.the 3rd party support was one of the main reasons that gamecube made it bad.who was expecting to see a manhunt title in a nintendo console some years ago..

Since Mr Copy and Paste isnt here...

ss_01.jpg

It's G-Man from Half-Life 1!

Whens this out? June 29th?

Watched the trailer on gametrailers and it looked brutal.

yeah thats the date I've heard, could be a great month if we end up seeing Resident Evil 4 then as well...