N-Europe

Heroes hath returned! *SPOILERS!*

Dan_Dare

I think hmv are allowing pre-orders but I would say go with amazon. However I don't think I've ever pre-ordered from them before. I'm gonna wait until closer the release. More places will do cheaper prices I think.

Hold on just to be clear, are you talking about the European release in December, or the US release next month? cuz i'm looking to import the US dvd (too impatient to wait for December)

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov
Hold on just to be clear, are you talking about the European release in December, or the US release next month? cuz i'm looking to import the US dvd (too impatient to wait for December)

I was talking about Eu release sorry.

I might aswell import it actually, I got a region free dvd player.

Amazon.com has it down as an August release. $38.99..I want to pre-order.

Some news on Series 2 from IGN,

Heroes Producer on Season 2 and Origins

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/798/798720p1.html

Some interesting quotes...

The end of Heroes Season 1 announced the beginning of "Volume 2" for the series, called "Generations." Kring revealed that he has decided these different volumes (as in major story arcs) for the show don't have to be a full season, and that in fact he's looking for "Generations","to end in the middle of the season, which allows us to wrap up certain stories and allow new stories to begin," with the intent being for Season 2 to contain three big story arcs/volumes.
The first season featured the artwork of comic book artist Tim Sale, doubling for paintings done by the character Isaac, who was eventually killed. But for season 2, Kring said "Tim Sale is still going to stay involved. The idea of the paintings is going to have a clever reentry into the show."

As for the season premiere, Kring told us "The actual episode is entitled 'Four Months Later.'" Not shockingly given the title, it picks up four months later for the characters. Kring promised "tremendous mystery in what happened in those four months," and that what exactly occurred would be explained in the first few episodes. The only character that would not be having a four month jump is Hiro (Masi Oka), whose story "is the only one that picks up exactly, immediately" where it left off in Season 1, with the popular character having traveled back in time to feudal Japan.
Kring also let us know that George Takei is in the season premiere, reprising his role as Hiro's father. Kring brought up the characters Angela Petrelli (Cristine Rose), Linderman (Malcom McDowell), Charles Deveaux (Richard Roundtree) and Takei's Kaito Nakamura, saying, "All these characters set up an idea that there was another generation that had secrets of their own. This season, one of those themes that we're going to talk about is the sins of the parents being visited upon the children. This idea of how generationally we are left with problems that we have to fix." Kring also promised that eventually we will discover what Kaito's power is.
Asked about Greg Grunberg's character Matt Parkman, Kring would only say, "It did not look good for Matt at the end of the season. Clearly he's a very popular character, and those kind of things are taken into consideration when you decide what you want to do with a character's fate." Of course during the press conference, Grunberg let slip that he had begun filming today, so Kring did relent that, "There is some element of his presence" in Season 2.
I asked Kring if he always planned to have Linderman die after only a few episodes, and he replied that it was, and it was a hint to fans that there would frequently be "new villains and new bad guys. I looked at Linderman almost as a Bond villain. The Bond movies always have someone new and interesting; Linderman was our first. He was our Dr. No."
As to some other characters, Kring said that in Season 2 "Ando (James Kyson Lee) is pining away for his friend to return," and did reveal that they were in discussions to possibly make Lee a regular. I asked if Christopher Eccleston, who played the invisible man, Claude, would be back, and Kring said, "We love Christopher and he's a very busy, working actor. I absolutely would love to have him back and it's really about finding the time to work him in." As for Jessica (Ali Larter) and her alter-ego Nikki, "As you saw that character was integrated at the end of the season, so it leaves us with sort of a new beginning." When it came to how that might affect her powers, Kring would only say "That you'll have to see. It will be redefined." When it came to characters such as Claire's biological mom, who only appeared briefly last season, Kring said that such people would "absolutely" be back. "These smaller characters that we've met along the way, some have greater significance," said the producer.

Heroes: Catching Up with the Bennet Family

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/807/807163p1.html

There was some fan disappointment in the season finale of Heroes, but for his part, Coleman said, "I don't know that Tim [Kring] is getting the credit he deserves for tying it all up. Sometimes a finale of a series has nothing to do with its original, and I think he did a masterful job of tying all that stuff together. And you know, you're not gonna get a Spider-Man, 200 million dollar battle at the end. It just can't happen. I know some people were a little disappointed that the battle royale didn't pan out to be as big [as they wanted], but it's a television show; it's a weekly television show. Spider-Man spends our money in an hour!"

Heroes: Season 2 premieres Monday, September 24th at 9:00 pm ET/PT on NBC.

Heroes: The Cheerleader Gets a Boyfriend

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/797/797263p1.html

The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that D'Agosto's character will indeed have a special ability, which they describe as "a very cool superpower."

Guest Stefkov

I thought I'd check a great place for American DVDs and I'm quite happy.

DVD Pacific are taking pre-orders for a nice price of £21.

They also are selling the HD version for £36.

Guest Stefkov
Wicked, do you know how much they charge for postage?

Shipping info

I think you may have to change the currency to £'s.

I used International Priority Air Mail and that's about £4 on that list.

However I'm really sure it wasn't that much, nearer the £2. But it was a really fast delivery considering coming from America.

(To be honest, you better off asking ShadowV7 about this website, he told me about it and I thank him for that. He knows more about it than me.)

I'm really hyped about this coming to BBC 2. I don't have Sci-Fi, and everyone I know who watched it says it's awesome.

I hope it's a worthy successor to Rome.

I wouldn't say you could compare it to rome (which btw is AWESOME!) but it will definitely be the next best thing on BBC2 =] What time is it on?(because I missed first few episodes =[)

Guest Stefkov

Ubi are trying to get the rights to make this a game. It was on Kotaku, I can't remember if they got it or are getting the rights though.