N-Europe

Overrated and underrated Nintendo classics

this seems like the most obvious thread in the world but i don't see anything like this(except the game series thread)

is there any nintendo game that everyone loved but you can't stand.I have to say .But also is there any game that you recommend people to try!

mario vs donkey kong:

very repetitive and easy i found.Just annoyed me really

pikmin(never played the second though):

yes it's new and different but the clock system ruined this in the same way as majoras mask.game just gave me a headache and there isn't much strategy to it.i never completed it though and probably never will

Yoshis island:

some people say this is better than super mario world.i say you are mad.

Super mario kart:

15 years later and i still can't control it.fzero>mario kart

star fox snes

I actually Dont like star fox games at all.not even the ds one

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pikmin is absolutely brilliant and the sequel is much better than the original. If anything it's underrated, pikmin 2 is one of the best games on the cube.

I've always found Paper Mario to be a tad overrated. Once you get other the quirks of being a sheet of paper shaped and coloured like Mario, its a pretty easy and shallow rpg.

Overrated:

Mario Kart 64 - It was fun with 4 people, but DKR was better in every respect

Ocarina of Time - It didn't have that "magic" for me

Underrated:

Majoras Mask - Much better than OoT IMO. The game that got me into Zelda enough to finish OoT.

StarFox Adventures - I personally loved it, bar the voice acting.

Pikmin/Pikmin 2 - Absolutely wonderful games

I didn't play many NES/SNES games - My first Nintendo console was the N64. The ones I have played (Metroid, Legend of Zelda, Zelda 2) I'm not too keen on because I can't do them.

I really loved the 3 day system. And the whole game has an awesome mood.

I don't know if people tend to like Yoshi's Story (the N64 one) or not but i really loved every bit of it, so i'll say it's underrated.

that games was exelent i remember i got it the first day it was out then went to a resarunt with my parents then i spilled fish sause on the box and manual:(

this seems like the most obvious thread in the world but i don't see anything like this(except the game series thread)

is there any nintendo game that everyone loved but you can't stand.I have to say .But also is there any game that you recommend people to try!

mario vs donkey kong:

very repetitive and easy i found.Just annoyed me really

pikmin(never played the second though):

yes it's new and different but the clock system ruined this in the same way as majoras mask.game just gave me a headache and there isn't much strategy to it.i never completed it though and probably never will

Yoshis island:

some people say this is better than super mario world.i say you are mad.

Super mario kart:

15 years later and i still can't control it.fzero>mario kart

star fox snes

I actually Dont like star fox games at all.not even the ds one

Madness I tell you! Mario Kart was a timeless classic. Yoshi's Island was truly awesome, but you're right, not better than Mario World.

Overrated: Dunno, is there one?

Underrated: Battalion Wars, superb, absolutely wonderful.

Overrated

Metroid (especially the Primes)

Wind Waker

Underrated

Pikmin

Starfox Adventures

Mario Smash Football

There's probably more, but thats all I can think of right now!

You really are the stupidest shit imaginable aren't you?

But then, your liking of McFly was enough to testify to that fact anyway.

Spleen Vented; I shall now disappear for another week.

i agree slightly with wind waker but not anything else.lets face it.Wind waker was overscored but i still like it

The Metroid series isn't really for everyone. The Prime games, for example, require the patience of a saint. I went through a period where I hated the first game, before forcing myself to play it.

Yes, there was accomplishment. But, there were many, many tears.

The Metroid series isn't really for everyone. The Prime games, for example, require the patience of a saint. I went through a period where I hated the first game, before forcing myself to play it.

Yes, there was accomplishment. But, there were many, many tears.

Every game requires patience to get the most out of it, Metroid simply gave you more for your efforts, and nothing at all if you couldn't be bothered to try.

Every game requires patience to get the most out of it, Metroid simply gave you more for your efforts, and nothing at all if you couldn't be bothered to try.

Yeah, you're exactly right. Except, unless you're willing to put the time in, you won't get much out of this game. I wouldn't say its a pick up and play game..its more of an avid experience. I think many of us who didn't enjoy it just didn't have the time and/or patience for a game such as this.

I ended up loving it, but I can see why others don't.

Overrated: Gran Turismo, I don't get what the fuss is about, it bores me shitless, I'll take an arcade racer over a simulator any day.

Underrated: Final Fantasy IX, some people give the second best game in the series too much crap.

Overrated: Gran Turismo, I don't get what the fuss is about, it bores me shitless, I'll take an arcade racer over a simulator any day.

Underrated: Final Fantasy IX, some people give the second best game in the series too much crap.

Woah, these games were created by Nintendo...? That somehow doesn't explain their lack of appearance on a Nintendo console...

Woah, these games were created by Nintendo...? That somehow doesn't explain their lack of appearance on a Nintendo console...

Ah fuck sakes, fine, a Nintendo only thread, yay....

Overrated: Smash Bros Melee; Single Player was nothing special, the multiplayer only made it shine, but normally me and my friends get bored after half an hour.

Underrated: Star Fox Assault; good 'blow-crap-up' fun.