N-Europe

annoying words or phrases!

mcj metroid

the word "chib"

as in, "i'll chib yae"

meaning "i'll injur you"

Ah who couldn't love the word chib?

The cause of many a drunken knife fight and the mass population of glasgows juvenile delinquency facilities.

And of course the good ol' poor ned imitiation. They don't have much of a vocabulary so its the must common phrase used while breaking the rules playing "Idiotic social class charade's".

Words I hate. My friend says "Book" alot because his phone's predictive text turns cool into book but I'm sure I've seen it before. Maybe he shouldn't be my friend:nono:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always, like, saying like when I can't think of what to, like, say next. It makes me sound like a bloody idiot, it's not too bad when I say like where I am supposed to say it, such as "I like it" or "It was like putting my bollocks into a blender", or something similar, but I don't like it when I, like, say it mid-sentence. Like just then. I also don't mind it when the geordies say it.

Its just not a common word used by regular people, the only people who may say this word now are the more "sophisticated" members of our society.

I sure as hell dont use the damned word anyway, and i doubt any of you do in normal conversation unless you're pissing about.

lies i use 'indeed' all the time and i dont think im 'cool' for saying it and im not really a 'sophisticated' member of society.

i really hate when chavs say 'chh-chh' , trying to imitate the cocking of a shotgun i believe. its very annoying when said person is sitting behind you inan important exam and the fucking teachers do nothing about it

:angry:

You know people....People say "Indeed" as a semi-pisstake as far as I'm aware, at least, that's how it started and how I used to use it. (I don't think I use it anymore).

How about "cheers"? Its commonly used as a substitute for "thank you" now, particularly in countries like Australia where every second person says cheers instead of thank you. What happened to the time when cheers was said as part of toasting to a particular occasion/moment?

Erm...that's just a regional thing and that, and it's fine, it makes English what it is (And I mean English not 'American').

I hate it when people spell n00b "noob".

This thread is BUZZIN

I've yet to encounter anyone actually use that word and be serious about it (i think..) One of the things that really winds me up is people on messenger not typing properly or using too many emoticons. U oryt m8? - you alright? etc. At the end of the day pisses me off as well :angry:

This thread is BUZZIN

I've yet to encounter anyone actually use that word and be serious about it (i think..) One of the things that really winds me up is people on messenger not typing properly or using too many emoticons. U oryt m8? - you alright? etc. At the end of the day pisses me off as well :angry:

I know some people who actually use buzzin.

I hate that as well. I sometimes use shortened words but only when I'd say that in real life. e.g. dunno.