Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Stocka

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely anything with a weight greater than the force of the wind would serve this purpose?

Why should there be a thing specifically designed for it?

Why get a vase when you can stuff flowers in any old tub?

Surely anything with a weight greater than the force of the wind would serve this purpose?

Because most other things might be serving their own function.

Paperweights are most effective because of the ratio of weight x size is excellent for it's purpose.

As opposed to a lot of other stuff, which again, you might need to use.

[/D.T]

But none would be as decorative.

Why are there decorative bath plugs, brightly coloured umbrellas and wall vinyls. If we simply used something that would suffice life would be boring.

But anything with a sizable weight force can be called a paperweight...

It's like placing a rock on the table.

"What's that!?"

"A paperweight."

It just feels such a cop-out thing to be. Like the designer couldn't think of another purpose for it.

As everyone else says, it's easy to pick on the paperweight, but your arguement is flawed. Anything could be anything else.

5133HBCQR2L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Well this just finally turned up and my god damn postman shoved it through the letterbox, ripping the bottom of the case and smashing some of the plastic inside. That man is completely incompetant!

Its not the first time hes been a moron either, if he cant fit something through the door he shoves it halfway through then knocks and walks off.

Once he didnt even bother knocking, just left a note telling me my package was left in one of our recyling bins at the side of the house!

Well this just finally turned up and my god damn postman shoved it through the letterbox, ripping the bottom of the case and smashing some of the plastic inside. That man is completely incompetant!

Its not the first time hes been a moron either, if he cant fit something through the door he shoves it halfway through then knocks and walks off.

Once he didnt even bother knocking, just left a note telling me my package was left in one of our recyling bins at the side of the house!

My postman left a £20 Xbox 360 Controller on my doorstep when I wasnt in. In plain view from the street, anyone could have stolen it.

I have an even worse story about incompetent delivery people. Let me begin...

I ordered a George Foreman grill (don't ask) and the delivery guy left it in my bin but stupidly, he didn't leave a slip telling me where it was.

So, I emailed Amazon to ask where it was, they promptly told me it was in the bin. I checked my bin only to find it as empty as a monks cum jar, the bin been emptied by the council already. See ya, £40 grill.

I have an even worse story about incompetent delivery people. Let me begin...

I ordered a George Foreman grill (don't ask) and the delivery guy left it in my bin but stupidly, he didn't leave a slip telling me where it was. s

So, I emailed Amazon to ask where it was, they promptly told me it was in the bin. I checked my bin only to find it as empty as a monks cum jar, the bin been emptied by the council already. See ya, £40 grill.

See I cant figure out how the hell they think leaving packages in a bin is a good idea???

See I cant figure out how the hell they think leaving packages in a bin is a good idea???

Word your story is ridiculous. Letter of complaint it. I have a good template, with a sweet ending. ;)

---------

I think I can trump bad postman stories though.....ours left my PS3 on our doorstep.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!