N-Europe

Xmas Lights interfere with the Wiimote.

flameboy

I saw it in the paper. Apparently it "renders the users new £180 machine useless". I actually laughed out loud.

Haha. The alternative is to switch off the lights, but then this 'renders the user's new £5 fairy lights useless'. What a dilemma.

I saw it in the paper. Apparently it "renders the users new £180 machine useless". I actually laughed out loud.

You know, the same quote was used in the Texas lawsuit against Nintendo.

But, that was regarding the wrist strap...

Looks like they've recycled one quote about something almost completely different!

The other night the gas fire was on full belt in our living room and it was badly messing with the sensitivity of the controller...I can see plenty of problems arising in households where moving the arrangement of the room just to play video games isnt an option.

The other night the gas fire was on full belt in our living room and it was badly messing with the sensitivity of the controller...I can see plenty of problems arising in households where moving the arrangement of the room just to play video games isnt an option.

yeah but still doesn't make the device useless does it?! not saying your saying it did, just saying the media are being nobs!

yeah but still doesn't make the device useless does it?! not saying your saying it did, just saying the media are being nobs!

The media will always be nobs, its what they do best...

Depends on what the terms useless means...If the console was set up in the living room constantly with the gas fire full on, yes it would be rendered totally useless. When I consider the situation I am not surprised it didnt operate correctly.....Other than that, the hardware has worked flawlessly since day one.

Its definitely not Nintendos fault that ppl have got this twattish tendency to stick fairylights on every thing in sight. Theres just no need...

At least one family will open up their present on Christmas day which is a brand new Wii, the trees in the living room, the christmas lights on the tree are on, the only television in this house is right near the christmas tree with lights. They go to play their Wii, the lights interfere with the sensor bar, the family cracks it and vows to return the product and never buy another Nintendo console again and get a Playstation 3 instead.

Haha, I discovered this earlier when playing ariound on the menu. Was quite funny watching the pointer fly around the screen. Luckily, my tree is on the other side of the room and only interferes if I point the Wiimote at the tree [or my mirror!]

I read it in the paper too, was a tiny little article, like seriously tiny, but it did use that rather hilarious quote about rendering the system useless. I think that's actually quite a harsh thing to write though.

(Thanks FL for pointing this out to me)

At least one family will open up their present on Christmas day which is a brand new Wii, the trees in the living room, the christmas lights on the tree are on, the only television in this house is right near the christmas tree with lights. They go to play their Wii, the lights interfere with the sensor bar, the family cracks it and vows to return the product and never buy another Nintendo console again and get a Playstation 3 instead.

Now this sin't the 'most stupid remark' of the year contest, to be honest. Of your Christmas tree is behind you tv it might have a problem, but I've got a nice christmaas decoration with pineapples and loads of christmas light right next to my Wii and Sensor bar and I didn't have any trouble at all.And it's not even thirty centimeters of a distance. If people start wrapping their tv's in christmas lights, then I see the Wii not woreking properly. In wich case it's not even byebye Nintendo, it's checking the manual, for solutions to problems.

This is a load of rubbish because I don't see anyone who had hard trouble right now witrh this, not even in the thread. And we're the hardcore, right?

Tis ok. :)

I think this is another big fuss over nothing.

So the Wii may possibly have trouble thanks to Christmas lights. By December 26th, 27th, whenever, nobody is going to care.

True. No need to bother when christmas is over. Except if someone is planning on complaining how the fireworks 'rendered his Wii useless'. Wich Nintendo's personal Ninja-team would kill.