Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

New Trailers

Solo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They announced a while ago that they were using a new form of 3D that was the "best of both worlds" (i.e. a good mixture of 3D and hand-drawn).

I see they ditched the whole hand-drawn aspect and just went with "Shrek".

They announced a while ago that they were using a new form of 3D that was the "best of both worlds" (i.e. a good mixture of 3D and hand-drawn).

I see they ditched the whole hand-drawn aspect and just went with "Shrek".

Yeah I knew about that but I just presumed they meant they had used 3D tech to make doing 2D films easier. Kind of like using Flash but this is just 3D...

But still, Zachery Levi :D

Are the Resident Evil films any good? They seem to be the most successful (clearly, this being the fourth big film in the series) game-film adaptation, and they look like they might be fun in a "Oh, action-nice visuals-lovely" way.

First one is fun enough, mildly kitch, but they just get worse as they trundle out the sequels and do the action-movie motions of "homaging" bullet-time/david & goliath/gymnastical feats of madness/big guns/stupid lines/predictability more and more frequently.

Are the Resident Evil films any good? They seem to be the most successful (clearly, this being the fourth big film in the series) game-film adaptation, and they look like they might be fun in a "Oh, action-nice visuals-lovely" way.

Here's my view:

The first film can go either way, some fans hated it as it didn't have any characters from the games. But some fans (like me) liked it, dispite not having any game characters it takes place before RE:Zero and can therefore fit easily into the games mythology without fraking anything up. If you've not seen any I say try the 1st at least.

The 2nd film is good IMO as an action film, while it also does do a fair but of fan service in recreating some moments from the games and introduces Jill and Carlos and Nemisis, it also FRAKS around with the mythology and while taking place "during the games" can't fit anywhere in the games storyline because of course Jill never met Alice. Good film with decent visuals and action, a "turn your brain off" popcorn flick.

The 3rd film however was complete bullshit. And made no sense at all. It really just felt like a film where they had this post-apocoliptic Zombie world and just tossed Resident Evil and Alice and Claire in to get people to see it. Plus Wesker was in it yet he did FRAK ALL.. which was most disappointing of all seeing as he was the reason I went to see the film.

I'll prolly go see the 4th though, it looks like it could be better than the 3rd, and it looks like Wesker will actually kick some ass this. Fingers crossed.

:D:D:D

---

Paj, the first Resi Evil is okay. I thought it wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. The second is better than the first in my opinion and the third is just bollocks and nonsensical really. However, I do think the fourth looks great for a mindless action movie, I'm not gonna expect something good after Extinction. But yeah, I mainly watch because of Milla Jovovich, haha.

Also, I just watched that Harry Potter clip more than I should have, it looks sensationally awesome!!! Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is something I will DEFINITELY see! It just looked so awesome!

Oh and does anyone know the song played in the RE: Afterlife trailer?

Edited by Animal

Never been a BIG fan of the smurfs, but NPH, Jayma Mays and a boatload of decent actors are in it, so it's all good, but one thing...why is this Encahnted but with Smurfs? But whats with cartoon characters coming to the real world? what's wrong with their own world?

Edited by arnold

I used to love the Smurfs when I was little. I wonder how the movie will work when they are in New York of present time. I mean a lot of the charm came from that fantasy world where magic was possible and for instance mother nature was a person. None of these things will work in a present-time New York context.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!