N-Europe

Mercury Meltdown Revolution

Dante

Publisher Ignition Entertainment today revealed to IGN Wii that it is planning to bring a version of its popular puzzle series Mercury Meltdown to Nintendo's new generation console next spring.

The game, fittingly dubbed Mercury Meltdown Revolution, will make use the Wii remote for enhanced tilt functionality, and it will likewise boast updated graphics.

"We are thrilled to bring Mercury Meltdown to this ground-breaking game console that truly reinvents the gaming experience," said Paul Robinson, president of Ignition Entertainment. "The Wii Remote is a true compliment to the Mercury series as the original game design was intended for a tilt controller. Now gamers can fully interact with the Mercury blob, navigating through the labs with precision and unprecedented speed."

In Mercury Meltdown Revolution, players guide a mercury blob around futuristic environments complete with moving machinery, test tubes, trap switches, spikes, rotating walkways, dangerous ledges, and other obstacles, in order to reach an end-level goal. The Wii build of the title is set to feature more than 150 levels, hidden labs, updated "state of the art blog physics," and a variety of bonuses. The game is being created by Ignition Banbury out of Europe.

mercury-meltdown-revolution-20061213040538900.jpg

mercury-meltdown-revolution-20061213040537775.jpg

mercury-meltdown-revolution-20061213040547493.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great, but looks APPALLING! lol, seriously though it does look like it's on the N64, come on guys!

PSP PORT PSP PORT PSP PORT PSP PORT PSP PORT PSP PORT

PSP PORT

Fucking hell, when a game is transfered from one system to another you cant just hit a "GOOD GRAPHICS" button and make an improvement, for a change from a Dreamcast esque powered system to something around Xbox level you'd have to completely remake the entire games visuals to see any huge improvement...and for a quick port which is all about making money, that's not going to happen.

PSP PORT PSP PORT PSP PORT PSP PORT PSP PORT PSP PORT

PSP PORT

Fucking hell, when a game is transfered from one system to another you cant just hit a "GOOD GRAPHICS" button and make an improvement, for a change from a Dreamcast esque powered system to something around Xbox level you'd have to completely remake the entire games visuals to see any huge improvement...and for a quick port which is all about making money, that's not going to happen.

Still, it's no excuse. They could put some effort in.

I'm certainly not one to care for graphics power - but this is poor. I'd be happy to see that on my DS...maybe.

• 4 weeks later...
Well I'm buying it. Marble Madness was my favorite Amiga game. And its a puzzle game so who cares about the graphics.

& you'll be one of the ONLY people on Planet Earth to buy this game and this is really unfortunate. We need more people like you to buy these mediocre experimentation games to keep third party developers developing for Wii. If the games don't perform sales wise, they'll flock to Playstation 3 instead...

& you'll be one of the ONLY people on Planet Earth to buy this game and this is really unfortunate. We need more people like you to buy these mediocre experimentation games to keep third party developers developing for Wii. If the games don't perform sales wise, they'll flock to Playstation 3 instead...

How very witty of you, changing the name in your quote.

I think the game will sell rather well. Anyone that was interested in Super Fruit Fall, or Monkey Ball, or the PSP version will probably enjoy this. I'm not saying it'll be a bestseller, but it'll be alright-ish.