All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. General Switch Discussion

Nintendo's PAX West 2019 lineup.
  4. Exercise & Fitness: 2019 Edition!

My wife has been veggie since childhood, so all the meals I cook at home have been vegetarian food years. About a month ago, I decided to join her, since 90% of my meals are already, and it was just restaurants where I ate meat. It's not been that hard, although I do cheat and eat fish every now and then. Especially in Portugal, where 80% of the menus are fish. The best burger I've had is the moving mountains burger from Hard Rock Cafe. I genuinely could not tell that it wasn't meat, it was incredible. Really delicious as well.
  5. General Switch Discussion

Nintendo at Gamescom 2019 booth tour video from GameXplain. Nice to see some footage of the booths.
  6. General Movie Thread

I like the Matrix sequels. I haven't seen them in a while though, so they may not stand up very well, but I enjoyed them at the time.
  7. Fair enough. Though, as someone who voted Sun/Moon top of his list I cannot say that I was bothered by issues that other people had with the game. The only thing I really didn't like was the call for help mechanic after all. That and the fact that there was no National Dex so the game was consigned to the shelves aside from an occasional multiplayer game after the Local Dex was complete. Then again, I was on a massive Pokemon high during that year with the 20th anniversary coinciding in the same year as S/M which as perhaps turned me into a bit of a shill as I look at the modern games and the TCG in a slightly different more forgiving light. Also some of the franchises that did make the top 10 just didn't appeal to me for whatever reason.
  8. I think it speaks more to how weak the mainline Pokemon games were this generation. You have a hugely disappointing follow up to the best generation in the series (X/Y), you have a disappointing remake of the worst games in the series that fixes none of its original problems while introducing new ones (OR/AS) and then you have a game that tried doing some cool new things but ended up being hugely bogged down by incessent cutscenes, genwunner pandering and having all of the exploration & environmental interaction that the series is known for stripped out of it (S/M). That's not to say that it was all bad; X/Y's battle system in particular was the best that the series had ever seen; but sadly, the rest of the game just didn't come together. The entire Pokemon series (Mystery Dungeon withstanding) has been in a bit of a slump since 2013; and Sword/Shield have a lot to prove as a result. Game Freak really need to knock it out of the park here! But that being said, 3DS had a ton of fantastic games; and I think that all of the shortlisted titles deserved a spot in that top 10; way, way ahead of any of the 3DS' mainline Pokemon titles.
  9. General Movie Thread

I really love the first Matrix but haven't seen the others, I was late to the party (like really late - saw it for the first time in about 2010) and have been told by so many people that the sequels are bad but I'll give them a whirl anyway and see for myself.
  10. I think this is the first time a mainline Pokemon game hasn't charted in the top 10 in the handheld department since this series started. That either speaks volumes about the depth in quality that the 3DS has on it or people's opinions on the series since it jumped into 3D. In fact I've only ever played three of the games on this list and my 3DS collection sits at 12 boxed games. Then again... some of them are Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Metroid Prime Federation Force so maybe not the wisest of investments
  11. Luigi's Mansion 3 (2019)

The latest footage from Gamescom now up on the main page. This should make for a memorable Halloween this year.
  12. The latest footage from Gamescom now up on the main page. Not long to go for this now.
  13. DAEMON X MACHINA

That demo kind of soured me on the game and now I have no interest in it.
  14. Mario & Sonic at the 2020 Olympics (Switch)

Sure, but it would still be more consistent.
  15. Mario & Sonic at the 2020 Olympics (Switch)

It's not like changing Mario to SMW style suddenly makes him match te style of Sonic.
  16. Yesterday
  17. Astral Chain -- August 30th 2019

And I oop - it scored 9/10/9/9 from Famitsu. The same as Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Super Mario Maker 2 very recently.
  18. This game is black magic on Switch, wow! Can't believe how close it looks to the PS4 version! My first time playing it here, I've just started the demo and it's off to a great start! After playing DQ7 on 3DS, I really appreciate how quickly they get you into some actual combat and (light) exploration here! Sets a very strong first impression The orchestral music is also absolutely beautiful! Lovely, lovely stuff! I couldn't get through DQ7 3DS, due to its absolutely glacial pacing, but if this start is anything to go by, DQ11 seems to be a lot more engaging and much more interesting so far.
  19. Me too, part of me just wants it to be ready and available at all times.
  20. DAEMON X MACHINA

I am looking forward to it. I just don't have a lot to say about a game that isn't out yet. I'm just "patiently waiting" for it. By that I mean I'm still playing some big games like Mario maker and mostly Fire Emblem. Astral Chain comes out in less than 2 weeks, then I'll have about 2 weeks to finish that, then I have 2 weeks to finish Daemon X Machina before Dragon Quest comes. And that's not all by a long shot. But again, i am looking forward to it, I still have some other games to buy or pre-order, but currently this and Dragon Quest are my only games pre-ordered for September.
  21. DAEMON X MACHINA

I think had this released earlier in the year when there was sod all being released then the interest in it may have been higher. As it stands, it's now releasing in a very packed window. It's got competition in things like Astral Chain, Grandia HD, Mana Collection, Ni No Kuni, Link's Awakening, Pokemon and Luigi's Mansion. People are still playing through Fire Emblem and then there's those of us with multiple consoles that have things like Monster Hunter: Iceborn, Gears 5, Control and Star Wars all on the horizon. It's a stupidly packed end of year whatever console you have and if you aren't a top tier game then sadly you are going to get lost in the crowd.
  22. DAEMON X MACHINA

*tumbleweed* Are many people still interested in this game? It seems to me like it could just be a filler release between everything else, score average reviews and sell relatively poorly. Is this Nintendo’s Starlink of 2019?
  23. Your 2019 Gaming Diary

Maybe back in the day it would've been the same for me. The gameplay didn't age well, though. It feels quite clunky at times. Shooters these days play much more smoothly. I'd love to see a Bulletstorm sequel with some updated mechanics.
  24. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age S - 2019

Indeed. Not that it will really effect me. Having already played through the game before, I'll be playing this release in 2D mode.
  25. Bit blurry, but perfectly serviceable.
  1. Load more activity