Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Don't you just love....

ultrajamie

being a gamer during this phase of the console cycle?

It's so exciting... and even thought i've been through it with every major console since the master system, it's always just as much fun!

Even though i feel like an old git... there's still enough youth in me to go to bed every night and think 'just a few days to go'

There's one reason why i'm excited about going to pick up my Wii from the shops, and not order it online.

Purely, just asking for it at the til, and seeing it being given to you. It's a bit strange, but i love going into shops and actually buying something. Plus, the walk home or bus ride home where you just look at the pretty packaging.

There's one reason why i'm excited about going to pick up my Wii from the shops, and not order it online.

Purely, just asking for it at the til, and seeing it being given to you. It's a bit strange, but i love going into shops and actually buying something. Plus, the walk home or bus ride home where you just look at the pretty packaging.

well, if you're really excited, waiting for the postman to turn up with your console is pretty good too. so long as it arrives on time. I'm not expecting my Wii till maybe 15th December sadly, but thats not so bad, I should have a nephew then, and the friday evening I have other plans, and the saturday and sunday are both going to be fairly full too.. so really I don't mind getting it a bit late.

anyway, should be cool whenever it turns up :) it would be cool to have it now, cos I'm ill today.. and, well, it would be nice to have something fun and new to do indoors while I recover.

I know what you mean, 9am woke up early especially to get in "Good morning, a Mario Kart DS pak please" Certainly sir.

Best feeling since the PSone came out and I picked it up from Toys R Us.

What's even more of an adrenaline rush is driving about a midnight on the 7th of December looking for retailers in Essex with stock left, we're going to go to Clacton, Ipswich, Colchester.. Chelmsford until we find one.

lol. I do love the feeling of getting a console at launch, and this is actually my first ever launch I am not gonna be going into a store on day 1 and getting it, as I wanted to insure I got on and held out for amazon and got one, my excitement though is also coupled with worry, that despite paying for 1st class I am still relying on royal mail to actually deliver on time, I'd hate it being late, cos am at work on saturday, so will miss it so that means waiting till monday to get it from the depot.

I still remember walking into GAME on the day of the Gamecubes' launch, and watching my mum buy it for me. Best feeling ever. Now, things have changed, i have my own job, and i'll be buying the Wii. Makes it that little bit better knowing i worked for it. Hopefully, GAME will open at midnight and then it really will be the best feeling.

I think this will be the weirdest and most memorable console buy for me because i have college on Friday but i only got 1 lesson at 10:05 . However the rules in my college are different to others, everyone has to be at school at 8:45 until 9:05 for registration even if u dont have dont have any lessons. So i got 1 hour to go get my Wii from Comet allthough, i wont have enougth time to drop if off at home so i will be carrying it with me while in school.

I can just imagine time passing by so slowly while in my lesson and me just staring at the Wii.

I know what you mean, 9am woke up early especially to get in "Good morning, a Mario Kart DS pak please" Certainly sir.

Best feeling since the PSone came out and I picked it up from Toys R Us.

What's even more of an adrenaline rush is driving about a midnight on the 7th of December looking for retailers in Essex with stock left, we're going to go to Clacton, Ipswich, Colchester.. Chelmsford until we find one.

Who's 'we'? Aren't you getting a little nervous? I'm 18th on Gamestations preorder and I'm getting nervous about getting one!!!

I can remember getting my Orange Cube sent from America whilstvat Uni, my girlfriend at the time who I was living with hid it from me - I had no idea it was going to arrive so quicly and I accidentally found it in my wardrobe - along with Monkey Ball, Rogue Squadron and Smash bros. Joyous! Only to find that my tele couldnt display the NTSC signal in colour! The next day io borrowd £500 off my mum and and bought a 32" widescreen tele to playit on - awesome all round!!

I have had the other consoles at the first xmas (NES, Gameboy, Megadrive, Gamegear, PS, SNES), the mastersystem I got randomly a couple of years later with the money from my great nanna who died and the N64 I got the summer after release after working in a chicken factory in between college terms!! Lovely!

The SNES was probably the best though, me and my older brother always used to open our presents before xmas and play on the games and stuff, we played so much street fighter 2 before xmas it wasn't even funny! Can remember finishing Donkey Kong Country BEFORE xmas one year!!

Hmm, went off on one there....sorry!!

Guest Stefkov
I'm gonna love it when my Wii arrives at my door. Opening the package is gonna be so exciting i might just wee all over the floor.

As will I, however I will have the torture of carrying it all the way home to open the box. As opening the box in a frenzy in the store or in my car on the way home will result in the loss of someones eye.

Getting it into my room then sliding out those thin boxes will be awesome. Then i can text people who have gone to college that day just to sya i have it and im playing it. Or i wont cos id be too busy playing it.

I wonder will the Americans/austrailians, cant forget them, who visit this site get a bit lonely on the 8th? As i expect all of us Europeans would be playing with our Wiis.

So an all time low for the forum's most people active?

I know I'm getting hyped. This girl in my class I hang out with is totally hyped too; every day I see her she's like "omg, only ten more days till the Wii!" and stuff like that. I think we're driving the other people around us crazy with our almost constant talk about the Wii. X3

But yeah, I think I'm just gonna go to school that day and send my dad out to pick it up for me (can I trust him?). Then when I come home after a long day of lectures, I'll be able to embrace my new gaming system and play Zelda until the early hours! Work will be hell that next Saturday but who cares! =D

As will I, however I will have the torture of carrying it all the way home to open the box. As opening the box in a frenzy in the store or in my car on the way home will result in the loss of someones eye.

Getting it into my room then sliding out those thin boxes will be awesome. Then i can text people who have gone to college that day just to sya i have it and im playing it. Or i wont cos id be too busy playing it.

I wonder will the Americans/austrailians, cant forget them, who visit this site get a bit lonely on the 8th? As i expect all of us Europeans would be playing with our Wiis.

So an all time low for the forum's most people active?

I'm sure we won't people will still be here posting all their views etc... just maybe not at such a rate cos we are just sat waiting for it to happen. damn my essay is never gonna get done, keep posting on here instead, not doing too bad tho 1316 out of 2500. thats over half at least...

Console launches are always exciting. GameCube was the first console I bought on launch day. I was at college at the time so I had to miss my morning lecture to go over to Newcastle and pick up my console. I thought that I would have the rest of the day at college but to my relief the day's lectures had been cancelled. I was supposed to go and study in the library but I jumped on the bus and went home! Nice memories.

I've booked Friday & Monday off work for the Wii launch.

Guest Stefkov
I'm sure we won't people will still be here posting all their views etc... just maybe not at such a rate cos we are just sat waiting for it to happen. damn my essay is never gonna get done, keep posting on here instead, not doing too bad tho 1316 out of 2500. thats over half at least...

Lol, there's probably be a few mods here to keep things under control aswell.

I know what you mean, i keep coming on here to post when i should be doing my computing analysis for tommorow. Ive done 9 pages, but that aint good enough. Cos those pages are full of randomness.

Friday will be like waiting for Christmas, *100,000,000 My mates keep saying they're going to make thaty day as long as possible, just to take the piss.

But it should be a great feeling, this is my first proper console launch. Ill be on ehre all night, posting between loading screens probably, and MSN, waiting for enw people to come online when i scream WII IS FUCKEN AWESOME.