N-Europe

Wii Sales Figures

realsubzero

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the xbox360 has managed to sell over 7 million consoles in the US and Europe alone, thats not a bad figure just after 1 year! it will never break japan but it looks like it could sell at least 30 - 40 million in its run, not to bad, although im a bigger nintendo fan myself, heres to the WII selling millions

Guest Stefkov
I wonder how fast all 1,000,000 US launch systems will sell out.. If this keeps going (though it probably won't), they'll all be sold out by, like, tomorow. That's not gonna happen though. Probably by the end of the week.. Maybe.

Its nearly sold half of the million that went out in one day. I woud expect to see it by 700,000 tommorow or in 2 days. Then 1 mil by the end of next week, maybe earlier.

OMG... could that really be truth? I'll have to wait the oficial numbers. Making a half miliong is less then an day?? Well, welcome to the fast system selling!

To be honest, it's only really going to be the hardcore gamers who pick this up on launch day. The key time is a year down the line. Can they keep up the momentum? We shall soon see.

You know this counter isn't in real-time, yeah?

Was going to point that out too. I'd assume its based on when retailers hand over their figures. Im supprised the info is available for PS3 tbh, kept looking around for a note saying 'The figures for Playstation 3 are shipped only' :indeed:

How the hell is this counter working? How do they get the information so fast to update it?

Also we don't know how many wii units there are out there, obviously it is a lot more than the PS3 but did they really get a million out there?

Still i don't see how the information could possible be transfered this fast from round america and japan (and Europe when it comes to 360)

I dont know about these numbers, but i will say that every Wal-mart, Best Buy, Circuit City, Gamestop i called or visited was sold out.

To contrast, i picked up a GC on launch day on the first try. Without looking at official numbers, id say the Wii is Nintendo's most successful launch ever (in the US)

does anyone know how these figures are derrived? Is it basically live information from retailers?

This'll no doubt piss Sony off - don't Sony advertise units SHIPPED to retailers, pretending that this figure is an accurate portrayal of untils SOLD to consumers?

By the way, its now 664, 053 units sold at 15.02 GMT. Woot!

And now 664,243 at 15.04. This could get addictive...

- Nextgenwars doesn't provide reliable data. They guestimate from shipped #'s, then update when something concrete is release.

According to someone at GameFAQs which I am inclined to believe as there's no way there is some live feed from every retailer. We really won't have any real idea about consoles sold till Nintendo say so.

What the hell is that last thing over there? What do the percentages represent anyway on your post, Fresh? Oh, and I have my doubt about the actual number that is shown on that site - it can't be for sure, now can it? Even so, let's not be hasty and say Nintendo has victory upon it's hand. One battle doesn't win the War. Yet, because history has proven that one Battle can win the war. After several others, of course. Ah well. Keep it up Nintendo, and on ecember eight, you can count my Wii in those sold units too.