N-Europe

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Tellyn

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to a Square-Enix spokesperson, "We feel that the Japanese game market still requires [physical] media. Also, [Final Fantasy] and Dragon Quest are played by a wide range of users, from children to adults, so there are limitations when you consider the problems that we would have with billing systems."

Translation: Its ok to download the 'lowly' Actraiser on the VC but not our premium franchises, Final Fantasy, DQ, Chrono Trigger, and Mana because wed rather you pay full price for a rerelease with tacked on CG scenes.

Bummer, now i have to play these games for free on my laptop :zzz:

Final Fight!?!? Wicked! I have always been curious about this game. I allready have Streets of Rage tho, so should I fork out for this aswell? Any BIG diffrences between the two?

..Final Fight is only a 1 Player game..

Having said that, I have no idea how good the game is. I have only played Final Fight One on the GBA (which I have) and it was OK. It was no Streets of Rage in my opinion though. SOR2 beats all :heh:

Heres the Japanese list of VC titles due in May

NES 500 (Points)

Exerion (Jaleco) - 1st May, 2007

Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) - 1st May, 2007

Tsuppari Oozumou (Tecmo)

Challenger (Tecmo)

Nintendo 64 (1,200 Points)

F-Zero X (Nintendo)

Mega Drive (600 Points)

Bare Knuckle II: Shitou no Chinkon Uta [streets of Rage II] (Sega)

Chameleon Kid (Sega)

Shining in the Darkness (Sega)

The Hybrid Front (Sega)

PC-Engine/Turbo-grafx (600 Points)

Neutopia (Hudson) - 1st May, 2007

Saigo no Nindou: Ninja Spirit (Irem)

Out Live (SunSoft)

Sengoku Mahjong (Hudson)

Chou Zetsurinjin Beraboh Man (Bandai Namco)

PC Genjin 3 (Hudson)

Battle Lode Runner (Hudson)

PC Genjin (Hudson)

I have marked F-Zero and Shining in Darkness as those are must buys and hopefully we will get them in May aswell.

"Nintendo hasn't been too forthcoming with figures form its online Virtual Console service, but today Iwata at last revealed just how well the service is performing. 3.3 million games have been downloaded worldwide through the service thus far. Sadly, he did not provide breakdowns for titles and virtual platforms."