NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

I bought Ogre Battle and Pulseman out of curiosity. Pulseman is pretty good, the Japan stage's background music sounds oddly similar to the Pokemon battle theme (it sounds quite a bit different, and it's a lot slower but I can definably hear the battle theme music). Hmmm.

I bought Ogre Battle and Pulseman out of curiosity.

Any impressions to post about Ogre Battle?

Ah yes, I would like to hear more from Ogre Battle. Sounds interesting, but I fear it may have the same problem Knight of Lodis had: far too much time lost on battles.

It didn't bother me too much at first, but then a 4-battle chapter came around...

After watching a video of Ogre Battle, I'm disappointed, as I thought it was FF Tactics-style. As the name says, the strategy is in battle only.

ive got a question from a friend, are the hanabi festival releases on the virtual console in 480p(progressive scan). Im asking this because 1. most virtual console games have bad pal convertions and 2. my friends tv isnt accepting 576i via component (he gets some kind of greenish screen, on any electronic device i connect via component cables.

They run in 60hz so you need to use 480i or 480p. I think getting the scart cable will allow him to play them.

ive got a question from a friend, are the hanabi festival releases on the virtual console in 480p(progressive scan). Im asking this because 1. most virtual console games have bad pal convertions and 2. my friends tv isnt accepting 576i via component (he gets some kind of greenish screen, on any electronic device i connect via component cables.

can anyone accually confirm they run at 480p? (tnx Ike for letting me know they run at 60hz)

can anyone accually confirm they run at 480p? (tnx Ike for letting me know they run at 60hz)

If you click the channel it tells you in the top right corner, but not if you load it from the SD card, it has to be on the internal memory.

Cool, I gave it a read.

What about Sim Earth? Would you recommend it...?

Only if you are really into the genre, if not then I honestly would not bother.

I wish they would release some 3rd party N64 games, I'm thinking along the lines of Rocket The Robot on Wheels!

Only if you are really into the genre, if not then I honestly would not bother.

I've always had a soft spot for the SimCity games. I'll leave Sim Earth for the time being- though I'm still curious about it. (You can manage a whole planet rather than just a city...!)

I wish they would release some 3rd party N64 games, I'm thinking along the lines of Rocket The Robot on Wheels!

Yeah and a bit of Glover and other stuff like that. :hehe:

*shakes angry fist at the jammy gits that are the yanks*

Virtual Console

Super Star Wars

Original platform: Super NES

Publisher: LucasArts

Players: 1

ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Fantasy Violence

Price: 800 Wii Points

Description: Risk your life as a Jedi Knight. Join Luke, Han and Chewbacca in their fierce war against the Evil Empire. Battle treacherous aliens. Pilot two vehicles in high-speed, first-person 3-D sequences. Rip through the desert in Luke's landspeeder. Clash with aliens in the Mos Eisley Cantina. Blast menacing boss monsters and Imperial stormtroopers. Attack TIE fighters in the trenches of the Death Star. Fight your way through the wastelands of Tatooine to the hostile streets of Mos Eisley and beyond. Grab your blaster, strap on your lightsaber and take on the fight for galactic freedom

They run in 60hz so you need to use 480i or 480p. I think getting the scart cable will allow him to play them.

Well, AFAIK the Hanabi games from Sega only run in 50hz.

THERE IS A GOD!!!!!

Nintendo plans to add Pilotwings to the Virtual Console and Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! to DSiWare this coming Friday. Both will cost 800 Nintendo Points (approx £5.60 / €8).

Pilotwings was made for the SNES by Shigeru Miyamoto, who's done some other games since then - notably Wii Music. The idea is to master various aerial pursuits by flying through hoops and then landing perfectly. There's sky-diving, biplane flying and even an experiment Rocketbelt to get to grips with. It was great (still is - Ed.).

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! is a sequel to Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis, would you believe. That game was decent, but the new one should be better, because Again! has new levels and a Construction Zone to make your own in. And creations can be shared over Wi-Fi with the world, or locally with a friend.

Japan Only:

"Starting October 21, Nintendo will add a couple of additional bonuses to the offer. Those who help 10 people will be labeled "Helper Master 10" and will gain free access to the full catalogue of All Nintendo titles Virtual Console Famicom software. Those who reach the 20 helped mark will be labeled "Helper Master 20" and will gain access to Nintendo and non-Nintendo catalogue of Virtual Console software for Famicom, Super Famicom, and Nintendo 64!"

:o

Im not fussed about Super Mario Kart.

I love most Mario Kart games but this one seems hard to control and it just looks so ugly now.

Anyone that says its the best version is obviously running off pure nostalgia.

(Awaits death threats from everyone, especially RedShell :P)

The fact that it took me 2 months to see that post just goes to show how often I visit this thread.

Anyway, consider this your delayed death threat: :heh:

30719329.gif

Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide! :laughing:

Japan Only:

"Starting October 21, Nintendo will add a couple of additional bonuses to the offer. Those who help 10 people will be labeled "Helper Master 10" and will gain free access to the full catalogue of All Nintendo titles Virtual Console Famicom software. Those who reach the 20 helped mark will be labeled "Helper Master 20" and will gain access to Nintendo and non-Nintendo catalogue of Virtual Console software for Famicom, Super Famicom, and Nintendo 64!"

:o

Wow. That's a pretty fantastic reward. :awesome:

That helper master thing Dante has been posting about is coming to Europe!

In one final exclusive, Nintendo announced that it will launch a ‘Connection Ambassador Promotion’. The rewards scheme for loyal fans of WiiWare will start in Europe this October and will allow players to become Ambassadors by encouraging friends and family to get connected with their Wii. The Ambassador, as well as the player they help connect, will both receive 500 Wii Points for connecting one person. When the Ambassador helps connect 20 people (which is the maximum number for the reward), the total amount of Wii Points received will equal 10,000, which can be spent on fun and unique WiiWare games.

Even better, if the Ambassador helps 10 people connect; they can attain gold status, which will then enable the Ambassador to download all Nintendo first party NES games for free on Virtual Console! If, however, they help 20 people connect, they will be given platinum status and will be able to download for free all first party and third party NES, SNES and N64 games on Virtual Console!

Taken from near the bottom of this.