NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

I have it für GameCube though and therefore I can still play it on the Wii too. So I very likely won't buy it. But still great that we got it already.

I am still waiting for Lufia (1&2 would be best - especially as 1 never reached Europe) though.

Btw. is it true that the new feature of starting games from SD cards, actually copies the file onto the NAND before starting the game?

If so, it would not work if there isn't enough memory available, not to mention that the NAND has limited write cycles and if you have to re-copy it every time, when you start a game, this could greatly decrease its life-cycle (normally it should be problem though, if the NAND is good - but I believe it is such extrem good NAND here - , it is unlikely that you will reach its life-span within once life-span but as said that one probably is not that good and this will/would reduce its life-span).

Edited by ghost_zero

I was looking at it there after readings david.dakota's heads up. I've resisted but I'll likely get it downloaded over the weekend! I got Viva Piñata on DS tonight so I'm giving it a go now and I'm trying not to think about Majora. Twould be ludicrous to start into MM at this time of night though... *trying to talk self out of just going for it*

I really want majora's mask :cry:

I hope theres a chance that the shop starts using other card types, its sooo fucking annoying that it won't accept my maestro card when maestro and mastercard are pretty much the same thing. wtf?

i don't understand the limitation.? sorry if this has been gone over, but there is a lot of thread to read through. :)

Edited by DuD

I really want majora's mask :cry:

I hope theres a chance that the shop starts using other card types, its sooo fucking annoying that it won't accept my maestro card when maestro and mastercard are pretty much the same thing. wtf?

i don't understand the limitation.? sorry if this has been gone over, but there is a lot of thread to read through. :)

I totally feel your pain. It may have been discussed already but the new Nintendo Cards in shops are £20 for 2000 points! So that limits us even more!

Buying Nintendo Points from the DSi Shop costs you £9 per 1000, up from £7 for Wii Points. I checked in the user manual and Wii Points cards ARE accepted in the DSi Shop, so I think I'm going to have to hunt some down.

Games Released for 17/04/09 are as follows..

Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars

500 Points

7+

1 Player

Sega Master System (1988)

SEGA

WiiRemote.jpgClassicController.jpg

Rejoin the Heroic Alex Kidd in this platformer from the 1980s! Race against time to recover the twelve Miracle Balls and restore the stars of the Aries Constellation! This title features twelve fast-paced rounds in six challenging levels, including a toy land, robot factory and even outer space, all complete with crazy enemies!

Secret Command

500 Points

12+

1-2 Players

Sega Master System (1987)

SEGA

WiiRemote.jpgClassicController.jpg

Whether you recognise this games by its US title (Rambo: First Blood II) or its European title of Secret Command, this Sega Master System Classic lives on though Virtual Console!

Play as a lone warrior, armed to the teeth, sent on a top secret commando mission behind enemy lines to liberate your comrades at arms! Battle frenzied attacks from enemy soldiers, rocket troops, tanks and other enemies doing everything they can to stop you from saving the hostages. Use your trusty machine gun and compound bow, equipped with explosive-tipped arrows, to pave the way to victory. Let nothing stand in your path.

To add even more to the fun, you can play with a friend in a two-player mode for double the firepower!

Edited by nekunando

Alex Kidd and the lost stars is quite fun for an afternoon play through. You have to play the game twice to get all the stars back in the sky.

Just seen this over at GoNintendo, about time these two classics got released on the VC!

The OFLC has updated with a bunch of goodies. Some VC titles that you’ll be happy to see heading our way.

Super Mario Kart

Pilotwings

Just seen this over at GoNintendo, about time these two classics got released on the VC!
The OFLC has updated with a bunch of goodies. Some VC titles that you’ll be happy to see heading our way.

Super Mario Kart

Pilotwings

Oh yeah!! :yay: This is truly awesome news. :bouncy:

I dunno if I fancy owning MK again. :heh:
I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that. :nono:

Time for a Mr. T pimping SMK sig soon I think. :laughing:

I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that. :nono:

Haha, its ok. All will become clear when we get on the Grandslam Tennis courts. :kiss:

Haha, its ok. All will become clear when we get on the Grandslam Tennis courts. :kiss:
Why you..! :heh: *shakes fist!*

This video was added to the Nintendo channel in America, showing off all 300 VC games released so far:

Kind of crazy seeing all of them like that. Not sure if its on the EU Nintendo channel yet (also I guess It'll be different as theirs a few games they have that we don't have etc)

Have we hit 300 VC games yet?

Also, shouldn't we have had a Hanabi festival by now, I'm sure we had one last year around Easter with some rubbish mega Drive games.

Super Mario Kart is comming to the Japanese VC next month. I'm hoping it'll get a EU release too soon.

Has there been any word of the original Smash brothers coming out on the Virtual console here?

Super Mario Kart is comming to the Japanese VC next month. I'm hoping it'll get a EU release too soon.

Has there been any word of the original Smash brothers coming out on the Virtual console here?

Like always nothing has been said about our releases. It still bugs me that Japan gets a release list of the games they will be getting in the next month and we still have to wait til someone fires up their Wii!

I so hope we get Mazza Kart soon, its been ages since I played the original version.

Apparently, among this Friday's updates for the VC in Europe/Australia is Super Smash Bros. :yay: if true. We'll have to wait and see.

great cant wait, even tho i hgave the original cart :)imo the original smash bros is the best,

should be nice and cleaned up as are other n64 vc games :)

Is Ogre Battle any good? I'm tempted to download it.

List of upcoming Hanabi Festival games:

Bomberman '94 (Turbografx)

Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Super Nintendo)

Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II (NES)

MUSHA (SEGA MEGA DRIVE)

DETANA TWIN BEE (Turbografx)

Smash Table Tennis (NES)

Looking forward to Kirby.

Edited by Ike

Is Ogre Battle any good? I'm tempted to download it.

Haven't looked at VC for ages then noticed that this morning and was wondering this myself as I also felt quite tempted.

Was really hoping that Harvest Moon 64 would appear during the Hanabi festival, but sadly not. Wonder if thats ever going to see the light.

Don't know about Ogre Battle but Pulseman is a decent title that you should give a look if you want a 2d action title. Hard to pinpoint it through explanation but there are elements of Dynamite Headdy in there as well as others.

Im not fussed about Super Mario Kart.

I love most Mario Kart games but this one seems hard to control and it just looks so ugly now.

Anyone that says its the best version is obviously running off pure nostalgia.

(Awaits death threats from everyone, especially RedShell :P)