NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

So Sega reduces a few games by 40% and Nintendo don't even bother (no offers or games released).

Very lazy Nintendo. Something you have become well known for lately.

Looks like there's not going to be any VC games released this week, NoE posted the update article early (the article is dated 31/12/09) and there are no VC games listed.

Get the most out of your Wii or Nintendo DSi by downloading new software directly from the Wii Shop Channel or Nintendo DSi Shop in exchange for Nintendo Points. More information on WiiWare and Nintendo DSiWare can be found at the bottom of this article. The following new releases will be available from Friday:

WiiWare

New, original games offering something for everyone!

Happy Hammerin'

A party game where friends and families can compete against each other by bashing moles using the Wii Remote!

Tomena Sanner

Take control of businessman Hitoshi Susumu, who won't stop running until he gets to his ultimate dance party!

Nintendo DSiWare

Access a world of new possibilities with Nintendo DSiWare.

Dragon's Lair

Play as the heroic Dirk the Daring, a valiant knight on a quest to rescue the fair princess from the clutches of an evil dragon!

High Stakes Texas Hold'em

Hold 'em and fold 'em with High Stakes Texas Hold'em, a world-famous poker game now available as Nintendo DSiWare!

Miami Nights: Life in the Spotlight

Follow the path to becoming the star that you've always dreamed of being and live the life you've always wanted!

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2009/bring_in_the_new_year_with_some_amazing_downloads_for_wii_and_nintendo_dsi_15477.html

:weep:

:angry::mad::shakehead

As infuriating as the continual lack of SMK, Excitbike and now Eco Shooter is, I am nicely surprised to see Tomena Sanner on that list!

That game caught my eye a while back due to its zaniness and music, but I just assumed it would never leave Japan. So hat's off to Konami for that one. icon14.gif

Seems pretty simple in the gameplay department, but it looks bloody funny and if it's still 500 points for us is probably worth checking out.

Nice game for high score junkies too, as it also has Wi-Fi leaderboards. :awesome:

Take control of businessman Hitoshi Susumu, who won't stop running until he gets to his ultimate dance party!

I may have to buy it based on that tagline alone. :D

I was checking the usual topic on Gaf for any signs of Mario Kart and it looks like no VC games releases again for this week if the following is true.

-Not sure if this news or not but on the NOE upcoming release it looks like this is Fridays DSiWAre lot:

-Sokomania - 200

-Move your Brain - Rollway Puzzle - 500 -

-Art Academyâ„¢ Second Semester - 800 -

Digging further WiiWare:

-Stop Stress: A Day of Fury

-Stunt Carsâ„¢

I was checking the usual topic on Gaf for any signs of Mario Kart and it looks like no VC games releases again for this week if the following is true.

Looks like we're getting at least 1 VC game this week:

Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi (Mega Drive).

Looks like we're getting at least 1 VC game this week:

Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi (Mega Drive).

YAY...no wait, it isn't Mario Kart :shakehead

This weeks releases according to Gaf.

Virtual Console:

Street Fighter Alpha 2 (SNES, 800p)

WiiWare:

530 Eco Shooter (1000p)

DSiWare:

Legends of Exidia (800p)

Electroplankton: Luminarrow (200p)

Electroplankton: Sun-Animalcule (200p)

Another week and still no Mazza Kart.

Why release Street Fighter Alpha 2 on the same day as Tatsunoko Vs Capcom? Surely it would have made more sense to release it a few weeks earlier to get everyone in the mood for TvsC.

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood coming but won't be in english.

If the ESRB rating wasn’t enough of a confirmation, we spoke with Hudson about Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.

The game is coming to North America as a Virtual Console import. A representative said Castlevania: Rondo of Blood will be “released shortly†and “it will not be released in English, however.â€

Konami made a Rondo of Blood translation for Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, a 2.5D PSP remake that includes the original game, in 2007. Unfortunately, it won’t be used for the digital re-release.

Rondo of Blood will be worth a look. Its one of the most loved Castlevania titles, isn't it? Not being translated into English shouldn't hurt it that much, I mean, its hardly gonna be full of text.

Not the right thread but anyone thinking of trying out Exidia on DSiWare?

Not the right thread but anyone thinking of trying out Exidia on DSiWare?

Nah, especially after reading this...

Well, this surely puts a damper on the excitement for Legends of Exidia. It's not a fully original game...it's just a mobile game. Might and Magic II was put out by Gameloft on cell phones, and now they've brought it to DSiWare. The difference is, all the ties to the Might and Magic license have been removed. Isn't that a bit disappointing?

Besides, next Friday Crystal Bearers is out so I want my RPG attention on that! :D You picking it up next week, Steve?

Nah, especially after reading this...

Besides, next Friday Crystal Bearers is out so I want my RPG attention on that! :D You picking it up next week, Steve?

I'd heard it was possibly Might and Magic 2 but I didn't think that made it any worse a game? I'm in no rush to download it anyway (or anything on DSiWare tbh...!) but I'll scavenge around for whatever info and views I can turn up.

Yup, I'm looking forward to Crystal Bearers despite the bad press. I'm gonna keep plugging away at ToS 2 this weekend and see if I can get it wrapped up before Crystal Bearers arrives.

Finally a good VC release. Sonic & Knuckles will be available on the 12th.

This weeks release are...

Virtual Console:

Sonic & Knucklesâ„¢ (Mega Drive, 800p)

WiiWare:

Overturn: Mecha Wars (800p)

Frogger Returns (500p)

DSiWare:

Let's Golf (800p)

Sudoku 4Pockets (500p)

Been waiting ages for Sonic & Knuckles. I didn't want to get it on the Xbox as I have the first 3 on Wii.

I've always liked Sonic & Knuckles it works well as a great solo game and connected together to Sonic 3.

But I always felt the Knuckles side of the story was shorter than Sonics and the final boss was kinda left field and didn't really have much story behind it.

But I always felt the Knuckles side of the story was shorter than Sonics and the final boss was kinda left field and didn't really have much story behind it.

Knuckles story is shorter, he doesn't have a Lava Reef act 2. Hidden Palace is tiny and then goes straight to the final boss fight (great boss fight though) so he misses out on another 2 zones.

Just read on Gaf that Ogre Battle 64 is out on Friday for us Euro peeps!!

Too many games, so little time. The start of this year has been insane, but in a good way.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Just read on Gaf that Ogre Battle 64 is out on Friday for us Euro peeps!!

Too many games, so little time. The start of this year has been insane, but in a good way.

Gaf you say? There's an article about its impending release right on the Shop Channel. :heh: