NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

I'm adding 'Zombies Ate My Neighbors' to my "why the frak have they not released it on the VC" list. Anyone else remember that gem?

I'm adding 'Zombies Ate My Neighbors' to my "why the frak have they not released it on the VC" list. Anyone else remember that gem?

I always had a soft spot for this game. I own the European Mega Drive version, released under the title "Zombies".

The game was rated soon after the VC service started, but since then the rating was removed and no further news surfaced. I bet we can thank LucasArts for that. They seem determined to "erase" the past work of the company, apparently all those great graphical adventures and other games like Zombies At My Neighbors "taint" their recent image thanks to wonderful games such as Fracture or their 150th Star Wars game.

One thing I only found out years later was that the game had a SNES only sequel, Ghoul Patrol. It's not nearly as good, though.

ScrewAttack gave Zombies Ate My Neighbours the Videogame Vault treatment. Listen to that music. :awesome:

Edited by darksnowman

Just incase you missed the story in the other thread on the Wii board, Super Punch-Out will be available tonight according to Eurogamer.

Just incase you missed the story in the other thread on the Wii board, Super Punch-Out will be available tonight according to Eurogamer.

Sweet. I'll maybe wipe the Nintendo Channel (again) cos Punch-Out!! rocks. :hehe:

..sweet :heh:

I have never played Punch-Out!! before (The microgame in various Wario Ware games doesn't count :blank:) so, after looking at a couple of videos of Super Punch-Out!! I'm definitely interested in giving it a go.. a download tonight is possible, but I'll sleep on it maybe :yay:

Look what Japan is getting soon.

Next month for Japan:

FC:

-Takeshi no Chousenjou (Mar 31st)

-Castlevania 3

SFC:

-Langrisser

-Kirby's Dream Land 3

N64:

-The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

SMS:

-Phantasy Star

PCE:

-Ninja Gaiden

Arcade:

-Genpei Toumaden (Mar 31st)

-Space Invaders

Look what Japan is getting soon.

UK release soon please, Nintendo. Although I just remembered we haven't even got Smash Bros yet. I'd rather have Majora's Mask than SSB though.

I wonder if it will suffer the emulation issues of the bonus disk version?

This is a very important release,not only because it is perhaps the most anticipated console Zelda for the service,but alos for being the first Ν64 expansion-pack compatible game for the VC.Hopefully,we''ll see soon other games that support the peripheral in the VC.

Heck to the yeah! I'm looking forward to finally getting my teeth into this.

I wonder if it will suffer the emulation issues of the bonus disk version?

Weren't those due to the fact the game was never designed to run off a disk. Being from flash memory, all should be fine.

A great game, come on Euro-ise it Nintendo.

Weren't those due to the fact the game was never designed to run off a disk. Being from flash memory, all should be fine.

A great game, come on Euro-ise it Nintendo.

I thought the running off a disc was the reason for the the short loading when pausing or moving from one section to another - I thought the sound issues were caused by the emulator itself. Quite why they had to run them from the disc is a complete mystery given their was more than enough RAM to load the entire thing to it's memory (see Animal Crossing).

This is a very important release,not only because it is perhaps the most anticipated console Zelda for the service,but alos for being the first Ν64 expansion-pack compatible game for the VC.Hopefully,we''ll see soon other games that support the peripheral in the VC.

Yes indeed. This is the first proof that the Wii can emulate the N64 + RAM pak.

I thought the running off a disc was the reason for the the short loading when pausing or moving from one section to another - I thought the sound issues were caused by the emulator itself. Quite why they had to run them from the disc is a complete mystery given their was more than enough RAM to load the entire thing to it's memory (see Animal Crossing).

I know the disc loads Ocarina of Time in its entirety before you start playing, but I can't remember if it does the same with MM.

I think you're right about the actual emulator being lacking. Not only was there the dreaded game-freezing, apparently the were problems with the sound (as you say) and the appearance of the light bounced off the Mirror Shield too.

I'm going to assume the extra power of the Wii allows perfect emulation, as they couldn't charge money for the GameCube version.

Great news. I will buy it a 3rd time!

Oh my!

It would be great to open a new file in MM, getting it on the VC is what I've been waiting for. :hehe:

No need to start a new thread for this one.

I just replenished my Wii Points for the first time in ages, and I'm looking for some VC lovin'.

I've got 2500 points, but I'm only looking for one game at the moment. Do I go for Super Punch Out (never played any game in this series before), Secret of Mana (keeping in mind I can't really dedicate loads of time to an epic RPG at the moment) or something else that people don't normally think of? I don't have Super Mario RPG, but it's struck me as something which hasn't really aged all that well. I say that with the intention that people will make a convincing argument against.

Persuade me, comrades!

EDIT!!! - Or MM tomorrow? :o

Edited by D_prOdigy

Now there is a game that actually might convince me to buy it, even though I still own the original.

God damn it, tomorrow?! This is one day where a decent Virtual Console title would not be appreciated. I'll see how much money I've got left after I buy my DSi, some Nintendo Points and maybe one or two DS games.

What, really?

I dunno if I'll be able to resist getting it. We're back to midnight updates now the times changed, right?

I think so. Good thing I have my N64 still hooked up, might join you guys in adventuring through Termina :)

Yeah I think MM is the only other game I already own that I'm willing to get again virtually. I've wanted to replay it from scratch for years but the N64 cart only has two save slots and I don't wanna delete either- ones 100% complete and the second ain't too far behind. I know its wasteful, lol.

It is? I was sure it would be midnight updates. I must say, i'm really tempted to download this een though I have it on the N64. Sort of in the same situation as darksnow. Got my perfect save in one file, and my mum still plays Zelda now and then so I can't use the second slot.

Hmm. Wonder how much points I have.

Curses, only 200 points. No Majora's Mask for the Shadster just yet :heh: