NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

I am not amused

Space Invaders - The Original Game -

Metal Slug 2

Forgotten Worlds

I think they must have forgot they havent released it ¬¬

Lol, I wouldn't have been surprised had it been uploaded tonight as it completely slipped my mind that tonight was VC night! There's hope that we'll see some Mana in December, right...?

I am now thinking that we won't see Mana until Dec 19th (or maybe a special 24th upload , a la DKC3 last year). It's not like the Wii has many (if any ;)) big holiday releases this year so perhaps that's the plan with Mana.

Mana still isn't up? Damn, it's been ages since I last went in this thread to see the releases, bit of a dissapointment to see it's not up.

Also I dunno if Mana would count as a 'big' holiday game. Sure it might be to gamers like ourselves, but I reckon other folk won't pay it much attention.

^^^

While your at it, ask them why they're not getting some Nintendo classics up- Super Mario Kart, Majoras Mask....

I'm beginning to think SoM will be the Christmas day title.

How do publishing rights work on older titles? Given that S-E or rather just S didn't have a European presence back then, Nintendo published the title. Do they still retain any rights or do they all now lie with S-E.

Just wondering if there aresome complications that may have been overlooked...

Also I dunno if Mana would count as a 'big' holiday game. Sure it might be to gamers like ourselves, but I reckon other folk won't pay it much attention.

To be fair I always think of the VC for us forum/regular/core/whatever you want to calls us gamers. Nintendo must think this too due to giving us the immortal DKC3 last Christmas.

I wonder if ONM just reviewed the US VC version of Mana? It would explain why we have had to wait so long or it, cheeky gits!

To be fair I always think of the VC for us forum/regular/core/whatever you want to calls us gamers. Nintendo must think this too due to giving us the immortal DKC3 last Christmas.

I wonder if ONM just reviewed the US VC version of Mana? It would explain why we have had to wait so long or it, cheeky gits!

Agreed.

I wonder how many of the 'expanded market' are even aware of the existance of the Wii Shop , I should imagine most rarely even think about clicking in that channel.

Wouldn't also surprise me about ONM , they aren't exactlty known for being the best at getting the correct/valid information out there.

They pride themselves in only playing European titles, and the games that we'll play at retail/digital release. It's bullshit in my opinion, Nintendo don't release VC games early to anyone since it'd mean they'd have to put the game on their servers.

What're the chances of DK64 coming onto VC?

Playing the original Banjo on XBLA has put me in the mood for it.

What're the chances of DK64 coming onto VC?

Playing the original Banjo on XBLA has put me in the mood for it.

Very high, but given that Nintendo now think it's alright to release about three N64 games a year, you might be waiting a while.

The problem with N64 releases is that there are only a few remaining first party games.

-Zelda:Majora's Mask

-Super Smash Bros

-Pilotwings 64

-Excitebike 64

-Donkey Kong 64

-Mario Tennis 64

and the Mario Partys.

As I don't think that we'll see any 3d party N64 games ,it is safe to assume that for the next 2-3 years(according to Wii's lifespan) the N64 releases will be very sporadic.:(

If Nintendo take advantage of DSiWare and release Game Boy games through it, then Pokémon Stadium 1 & 2 could be possible with some neat (though very costly) DS-Wii functionality. They wouldn't sell many, it'd be nice for fans though.

Games that went up tonight:

Boogerman (Megadrive)

Impossible Mission 2 (Commodore 64)

Last Ninja 3 (Commodore 64)

And just a question, but is there any reason we don't have any 3d party N64 games?

Games that went up tonight:

Boogerman (Megadrive)

Impossible Mission 2 (Commodore 64)

Last Ninja 3 (Commodore 64)

And just a question, but is there any reason we don't have any 3d party N64 games?

I can add something to your question.

Is there any reason we don't have the first-party N64 game Mario Golf 64 yet?

Isn't Cruis'n USA on the VC? Or is it just in the US?

Isn't Cruis'n USA on the VC? Or is it just in the US?

Twas actually published by Nintendo.

Rumor is that Nintendo have trouble emulating the Controller Pak accessory that was used to save game files - hence the removal of the feature to save ghost data in Mario Kart 64.

Since most 3rd party games required it, if they made them available, you could play the games, just not save them. And N64 games don't allow for the suspend save through the home button so you couldn't use that either.

I've got:

Super Mario Bros.

Kid Icarus

Kirby's Adventure

Castlevania

A Link To the Past

Super Metroid

Super Mario RPG

Castlevania IV

Contra 3

Harvest Moon

Mario Kart 64

Paper Mario

Lylat Wars

And Bonks Adventure

For the VC, I've recently got some Wii points and I'm wondering what the best thing to spend them on would be. I've got 1600 points, and not that many blocks left. Any Ideas?

Come on Nintendo. Give me the Christmas Present I want. I'll love you forever if you do.

For the VC, I've recently got some Wii points and I'm wondering what the best thing to spend them on would be. I've got 1600 points, and not that many blocks left. Any Ideas?

I'm shocked that you still continue to overlook WiiWare. Toki Tori, LostWinds, Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People, the Art Style series, Bomberman, Tetris, the service is awesome! BUY SOMETHING FOR IT!

I'm shocked that you still continue to overlook WiiWare. Toki Tori, LostWinds, Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People, the Art Style series, Bomberman, Tetris, the service is awesome! BUY SOMETHING FOR IT!

I've just never seen anything on it that really stands out to me.

I've actually been thinking about getting World of Goo for it, I've heard nothing bad about it.