NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

Gameplay still have mine as 'Pre-Ordered'.

Anyone else?

I'm getting even more worried now. :red:

Every second that passes i worry more.. may i ask when you orderd with them.

Mine has changed to order with a dispatched date of "Today". But it's still Friday reallly.

Well im worryed about this now... alot and im gonna make it simple

1.People arround the net are reporting there money has been taken and items are being picked and pack ready for dispatch tomorow... at places like the Gamesradar forums and Gameplay forums etc

2.These people are the people who orderd days and weeks after the pre-orders started

3.People like myself and quite a few on this forum and others orderd the very first day and so far have been gaurenteed a Wii at launch but as yet havent had our money taken and the status on site still says "pre-orderd"

This has me thinking that there doing orders in reverse and people who orderd first may miss out on some games because other people who orderd later have been given them first.

Ok this might not happen but it is the way its happening right now.. and i find it rather disturbing... but then again they might know that theres enought games to go arround so it doesnt matter what order they do it in. /Rant over

*EDIT* Tekki when did you order with gameplay? *EDIT*

So did no one else get this e-mail?

Dear Aimless,

Please note that we will be taking the payment for order ******* on Tuesday 05/12/06 or Wednesday 06/12/06.

Your order will be packaged ready for despatch on Thursday with Parcel Force and will arrive with you on the day of release, 08/12/06, between 9am and 6pm. A signature will be required to receive the goods.

You may receive a despatch email before Thursday, however your order will not be sent until Thursday.

Regards,

Gameplay Customer Services

http://www.gameplay.co.uk

Tel - 0845 345 4440 (Local Rate)

You should all stop obsessing over Gameplay's status messages. Stock is already earmarked for you, it's just a case of picking and packing the allocated parts.

Anyway, I got an e-mail from GAME today saying that the Nunchuck price has gone up to £17.99. I guess they're cashing in on the shortages.

Well im worryed about this now... alot and im gonna make it simple

1.People arround the net are reporting there money has been taken and items are being picked and pack ready for dispatch tomorow... at places like the Gamesradar forums and Gameplay forums etc

2.These people are the people who orderd days and weeks after the pre-orders started

3.People like myself and quite a few on this forum and others orderd the very first day and so far have been gaurenteed a Wii at launch but as yet havent had our money taken and the status on site still says "pre-orderd"

This has me thinking that there doing orders in reverse and people who orderd first may miss out on some games because other people who orderd later have been given them first.

Ok this might not happen but it is the way its happening right now.. and i find it rather disturbing... but then again they might know that theres enought games to go arround so it doesnt matter what order they do it in. /Rant over

*EDIT* Tekki when did you order with gameplay? *EDIT*

SROP MOANING YOU FUCKING GIRL !!! YOU HAVE BEEN LIKE THIS ALL DAY !!!

It doesnt matter if you order says its packed on Gameplay it still WONT be sent till thur and everyone will get theres on fri

Just rung my GAME and it's confirmed that I can pick up on Friday.

Apparently the component cable is delayed by a week though.

It doesnt matter if you order says its packed on Gameplay it still WONT be sent till thur and everyone will get theres on fri

You should read my posts properly first before you pass jugement, im not on about getting it early at all.

Yes i am over reacting... i cant help myself!

out of interest - is anyone ordering from play.com?

I ordered a console and a classic controller from play on 15/09.

They mailed me a while back saying i wouldnt get one at laucnh, and then again on nov 28th saying "We can confirm, despite a European shortage of the Nintendo Wii consoles, that Play.com should be able to supply your pre-ordered Nintendo Wii at launch.".

Both items are still listed as preorder, so i'm still not entirely sure whats happening with it.

I also just got a mail from Game saying that the component cables have got put back to the 15th and the price has gone up to 22.99 (though that doesnt effect existing pre-orders) :sad:

So did no one else get this e-mail?

I got the e-mail yesterday. If it helps anyone to know, I ordered mine about 3-4pm the day preorders were put up on Gameplay. Now my only fear is that I won't be in when the mailman comes, or he just steals my Wii :heh:.

Well Game just called me to confirm I'm definitely getting a Wii on Friday :)

they also told me they are only getting like 50% games/accesories to console ratio

They also confirmed the midnight launch and that they'd be open from 11 pm :)

and they'll give me a queue number when I get there to confirm the order I'll be served come midnight :)

they are putting all the stuff I want in a bag ready for midnight, and if I want more when I'm there then I just need to say and they'll add it :)

I haven't gotten an e-mail from Gameplay yet. And my order status is still just preorder. And parcel force generally take another at least 2 days for me. So I'm trying to make exciting plans for the weekend incase my Wii doesn't arrive - it's not the end of the world - some peeps here are far to stressed out.

Well I have a wii on preorder but won't be planning on playing it now till some more decent games come out, as I try to buy at least 5 games with every console I buy. Theres only tp, rayman and red steel which I have on preorder, but why carn't they of add more decent titles. Guess I'll play on my mates until the awesome games come out

You need to learn some manners mate. Why dont you clear off out of here instead of insulting regulars.

;)

I've just got a mail from Gameplay:

Dear Matthew Caris,

We are here to inform you that your mate cube_game will not be reciving his Wii till 3/3/07 due to the hasstle are staff members have had on the Live help service, he keeps asking us questions every other minute, and to be frank hes doing our bloodey head in. So therefore we would like to send you his Wii free of charge so you can rub it in to him.

You may receive a despatch email before Thursday, however your order will not be sent until Thursday.

Regards,

Where can i get me one of these?!?! :grin:

Gameplay have them, although you'll have to preorder.

Amazon are still giving a delivery estimate of 8-9th for my component cable — £16.98 with First Class — although who knows if it will actually materialise or not. Looks like I'll be playing on the ol' CRT for now.

Ah man! Monkey ball and Wiiplay with Wiimote has been posted. That means I'm gonna have them tomorrow and then no Wii till Friday, heh. They will tease me.

I've just got a mail from Gameplay:

Dear Matthew Caris,

We are here to inform you that your mate cube_game will not be reciving his Wii till 3/3/07 due to the hasstle are staff members have had on the Live help service, he keeps asking us questions every other minute. So therefore we would like to send you his Wii free of charge to rub it in to him.

Regards,

If only those poor people at gameplay knew how to spell hassle. :D

To be fair to cube_game I would be anxious too, ask my friends for weeks I put it to the gamestation staff whether or not they'd get enough. Confirmation for me really settled my nerves, and I'm terrible when something is sent in the post. Hence why I decided to go for an in store purchase.