N-Europe

ExciteTruck

Stocka

well got this, this afternoon traded in Mario Golf for the cube for £18! havn't played it for ages, and plan on getting tiger woods so figured I might as well and get rid of it and with Excite truck being only £35 in gamestation my myself a bargain.

not played much so far, but boy do I suck at spinning couldn't do the 720 spin in training!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..came in the door this morning :yay:

..haven't really had much time with it yet, have done the first tutorial section and the very first race of the bronze cup (only got 96 stars, but that was an S Ranking.. though I know I'll go back when I'm actually good at it and 96 will seem so pathetic.. :heh:)

I can see the potential there for me to really get into the game and enjoy it a lot.. shall give it a blast later when my living room is visitor-free (grr..)

well got this, this afternoon traded in Mario Golf for the cube for £18! havn't played it for ages, and plan on getting tiger woods so figured I might as well and get rid of it and with Excite truck being only £35 in gamestation my myself a bargain.

not played much so far, but boy do I suck at spinning couldn't do the 720 spin in training!

Yeah, that's so hard. I did the first one, but now I can't even do one. It's so frustrating.

I also got the summit car with the slow stearing. It's still not great, but bearable, and I got a couple of s ranks with it.

I woke up late this morning. I planned to get up at 7 and go across the woolworths and get it, and then play it lots before I went to Uni.

Thing is, I had uni at 1, and I woke up at quarter to 12. I barely had time to get ready, let alone go to get this.

My ex-girlfriend saved the day. She went to woolworths for me to pick it up, and alas, I have this game. I played a little before I left the house, and I absolutely love this game. Can't say that I find the controls particularly difficult or anything. Getting speed and performing a jump is just awesome.

It won't have a long lifespan, but if this is the future, count me in. :heh:

well just completed the bronze cup, here's how I did on the first run:

dsc00239so0.jpg

so had to do the second track again. so far loving the game,love the way the stars are the way to progress, you can win all the races and still not get enough get all the stars so means you have to go back and play again. love the tracks, even though they are bordered off still seem plenty big enough and plenty of routes to get tree runs in them. like the different ways to win points as well stops it from being stale and leads to you adapting as the tracks around you form and move and such like.

The platinum cup is quite hard, only done 2/5 of them so far (was 5th place in both of them). I'm surprised at the amount of "supers" I've done.

4 Super Air

56 Super Tree Runs

22 Super Drifts

80 Super Truck Smashes

10 Super Rings

And I've managed to do 2 1080 spins (for some reason, It doesn't keep a record of them).

It's great that it's still fun to repeat a level after failing it many times, but annoying when you are around 2 stars under the target. Clocked up 5 and a half hours so far, still have the Super Excite and the Mirror cups to do, and I haven't touched the challenges yet.

This really isn't as short as I expected...

edit: Forgot to mention all the S-Ranks I need, too.

Picked this up yesterday ( pal launch ).

Luckely you can change the music cause it really sucks but the gameplay has been pretty good so far. I pretty much always got an S rank on the first try at the moment because it's really easy, but it might become harder once I finish the gold cup. The graphics could use a bit more polish though... oh well.

I also find it kinda weird to drive without using a steerig wheel thingie because flicking the remote up and down gets me confused lol.

they could have released this at launch for europe though...

Absolutely loving this game. Me and a friend have been playing it all day - the VS mode is limited whaat? If there was a bot option I wouldn't even use it. I've only done the bronze cup single player (to get mroe tracks for us to use) but I loved every minute of playing it. Single player seems faster too, so that's a a nice "suprise" to me (as in, I'm going up from vs, where most will go down from Single).

My favourite Wii game I have bar Zelda, but that was a single player game. Playing this in multi is just ACE!

Bought it this evening from Gamestation. Pretty fun game. Got an S, 2 A's and a B in Bronze Cup. I like how easy it is to pick up and play and the sense of speed is really good too. I think I will like it even more as I get into it. A good game in my opinion. Nice Graphics. Definately has that Nintendo feel to it.

Horrible first impressions. I mean the screen tear/wobble is awful, the framerate irratic, the amount of stuff you're supposed to keep track of plus wiggling the controller = hate.

Then it gets fun. And then some more fun. Now I'm having fun with it and the niggles I had are not as pronounced anymore but they do keep it from feeling any brand of fantastic.

But it's fun, and it suggests grandeur from upcoming games, I like that.

I really don't think the air spin works properly it seems hit and miss whether it decides to spin or not, I mean you sometimes get it just tilting left to right, you sometimes get it alternatly facing the left down then the right side down....

But so I am loving this game, and is a lot more indepth than I thought...

While I do love ET, I'd like to pick up on this line:

But it's fun, and it suggests grandeur from upcoming games, I like that.

It seems to me all too many games are leaving people with the feeling. Zelda was good, but there were niggles which could be fixed: red Steel was good and a sequel could be more than that: Monkey ball was good but could be expanded on; the list is huge. I'm hoping that developers stop tapping excellence on the shoulder, and start turning it round and punching it in the face.

But the system is still super young, and all the titles you mention are all launch games. I find it admirable that they all leave us with positive feelings at all.

Compare these to what the DS had, because DS the IDEA was a lot stronger than its titles for a long time.