Mario Strikers Charged Football

EchoDesiato

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7364/1/Mario_Strikers_Wi-Fi:_Region-Specific_Only

Nintendo Wii News | Mario Strikers Wi-Fi: Region-Specific Only

In the latest issue of the UK's Official Nintendo Magazine (out now), Next Level Games' Mike Inglehart, Director of Mario Strikers Charged, has confirmed the online Wi-Fi mode will only be region-specific to prevent lag issues.

Doesn't really make a difference does it?!

I missed that on page 7. Not a total disaster, but very dissapointing.

Don't really see what the problem is, myself. It states on page 7 that if you have somebody's friend code from, say, Australia, you should be able to play them. However, random matches are restricted to your region.

When playing randomly, I really don't think you're generally going to give a damn what country the dude or dudette you are playing is from. :D

Don't really see what the problem is, myself. It states on page 7 that if you have somebody's friend code from, say, Australia, you should be able to play them. However, random matches are restricted to your region.

When playing randomly, I really don't think you're generally going to give a damn what country the dude or dudette you are playing is from. :D

But whats nice on xbox live is that when to defeat an american it feels so great. I know this is not xbox live and probably want to restrict lag. But I still feel cheated that you can't play against people from even australia on random.

It's not a problem for me, but say you have a friend from the US on your Wii, it means you can't play them, right?

I can imagine alot of people won't like the restriction, but hey! each to their own.

It's not a problem for me, but say you have a friend from the US on your Wii, it means you can't play them, right?

I can imagine alot of people won't like the restriction, but hey! each to their own.

Eh? If you have their Wii Code, you should be able to play them without any problems. As least, that's what the bit on page 7 seems to be saying. It's basically just saying that random matches are region locked. Random, ie matches where you don't need the friendcode of opponents.

Eh? If you have their Wii Code, you should be able to play them without any problems. As least, that's what the bit on page 7 seems to be saying. It's basically just saying that random matches are region locked. Random, ie matches where you don't need the friendcode of opponents.

I'm slightly confused.

If you have their friend code you can play them?

if you haven't, it's region-locked?

Not bad at all then...just the inconvenience of getting friend codes!

Great!

Just thought I'd post this again:

Nintendo has shed more light on the online options available in Mario Strikers: Charged Football for Wii, which is due to launch here on 25th May.

Advertisement

Most excitingly, it will be possible for two players on a single Wii to play on the same team against two players on another Wii connected to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection network. "So [we] could team up on our office Wii and play you and Kristan on your Eurogamer Wii," a Nintendo UK spokesperson explained.

The game will use the usual Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection "Friend code" system, and will also offer random matches. These will be region-locked though, so you won't ever be randomly paired with an opponent in Australia, for example.

However, you will be able to play against gamers in other regions if you have their friend code, meaning that there won't be anything to stop you smacking the Aussies around when the game arrives on 25th May if you already know them. The game launches in PAL regions first though, so don't get your hopes up about the Yanks just yet.

For more on Mario Strikers: Charged Football, be sure to flick through our detailed PAL release date announcement story from earlier in the week. And Nintendo? We'll see you online on the 25th.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=74967

Why does this game have to come out during my exams,dammit >.<

But maybe I can get it early,so I can play it during the big gap in my exam leave...

Back to reality,guess i'll buy it and just wait till my exams are over,i'll have more satisfaction like that,and make me feel like I earned it sort of thing.

The game will use the usual Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection "Friend code" system, and will also offer random matches. These will be region-locked though, so you won't ever be randomly paired with an opponent in Australia, for example.

Well this way you will get to start playing a game much faster, and have a much smoother running game.

I had never really considered getting this as I feel it won't really grab me as a solo experience and I'm unlikely to be able to get anyone to play with me.. but the whoile online side of it has certainly made me reconsider. I'll wait and see how the game turns out and then I can decide if I want to take the chance with it or not : peace:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!