Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Sonic And The Secret Rings

Helmsly

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the issues are apparently even worse than they were before in the next gen Sonic on the other systems, so I don't have much hope for Sega with console Sonic games nowadays...

Sonic Rush on the other hand is a cool game and needs a sequel.

I think the reason Sonic has had so many problems in 3D is because what he used to do in 2D does not work in 3D.

When Mario took the jump from 2D to 3D he also started doing things differently. The make up and gameplay of the levels was different. However Sonic on the other hand tried to recreate the speed and loops in 3D, this simply doesn't work, and it works a lot less well due to a terrible camera.

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/929717.asp?q=sonic

Sonic & The Secret Rings is gonna destroy this game. Look at the mediocre scores its getting expect similar scores with the PS3 version as well. A perfect opportunity for gameplay to shine over graphics. Lets hope the final product achieves this.

Sega have killed Sonic :cry:

The last great Sonic game might possibly be Sonic rush

Sonic & The Secret Rings is gonna destroy this game. Look at the mediocre scores its getting expect similar scores with the PS3 version as well. A perfect opportunity for gameplay to shine over graphics. Lets hope the final product achieves this.

we knew this was going to happen.it looked shite.i still dont have much hope for secret rings.I just dont like sonic game anymore.not even sonic rush

problem is that secret rings could potentially be ported to the PS3 at some stage

I actually think Secret Rings will be a lot better than the other. The leveldesign looks better, the concept seems more interesting and the controls seem responsive as well.

It's actually the only Sonic game I have been interested in since playing Sonic Adventure 2 Batte which was mediocre.

I played the secret rings today at the wii house. I thought it was pretty good and also looked pretty good. Very very easy to get into and the controller works very well with it. Typical sonic game run fast and collect rings. :)

How was the camera system?

I remember the last few games having big problems with that...

• 1 month later...
I think AV should make a sonic - Mixing F-Zero and Super Monkey Ball with stuff from the 2D games should make a good 3D sonic game

yeah good idea. I have heard rumours that Sonic Team could have Sonic taken away from them for the next installment and who can blame them after the terrible sonic on 360 and PS3?!

Sega = EA wannabe's

That is correct.

There is every possibility that he would want to do a Shenmue 3, but the general feeling is that it won't happen in the next 3-5 years; or until SEGA reaches it's current business goals - That is to become a top 3 publisher.