NEurope
Demuwan

The mystery of the Wii flap revealed!

This comes from a Game Informer interview

GI: What is the little door on the front of the unit?

Fils-Aime: That is where an SD card goes. That’s storable media. And on

top, are the attachments for the GameCube controllers.

GI: So will SD cards be the primary storage medium?

Fils-Aime: It will be one of the memory mediums, and it’s the only one

that we’ve announced.

Mystery solved…or at least partially solved. Reggie says that the SD cards are “one of the memory mediumsâ€. Perhaps there still are some secrets.

SOURCE :http://gonintendo.com/

No time machine guys;)

Figured as much. How boring though. A time machine would of been awesome:bouncy:

Bet they've been waiting to get that secret of their chests.

Y'know it does beg the question: What was the point of keeping something like that a secret? Whats the next secret - "The Wii will come with a power adaptor!" ?

Y'know it does beg the question: What was the point of keeping something like that a secret? Whats the next secret - "The Wii will come with a power adaptor!" ?

Somtimes Nintendo need to enlighten the fans and stop pissin about with their secrets. I'd rather they revealed everything now so the casual gamers get a chance to hear about it and we know what were getting. I doubt Sony would have time to copy anything else before launch anyway :indeed:

And no mention of a camera
that was always a myth, I see no point in including a camera. just one thing for the kids to touch and scratch, and with cutting corners it could turn out to have a crappy CCD. A camera is just... gimmick.

still... everyone has a ditial camera nowadays, you could share it in your PC and just import them into Revolution and Edit them, or send by e-mail (like it was possible with Mario Artist on 64DD all these years ago. no fuzz.

that was always a myth, I see no point in including a camera. just one thing for the kids to touch and scratch, and with cutting corners it could turn out to have a crappy CCD. A camera is just... gimmick.

still... everyone has a ditial camera nowadays, you could share it in your PC and just import them into Revolution and Edit them, or send by e-mail (like it was possible with Mario Artist on 64DD all these years ago. no fuzz.

QFT! .

Somtimes Nintendo need to enlighten the fans and stop pissin about with their secrets. I'd rather they revealed everything now so the casual gamers get a chance to hear about it and we know what were getting. I doubt Sony would have time to copy anything else before launch anyway :indeed:

Quoted for truth as they say. I mean really…SD memory cards? This could have been revealed at E3. I know Nintendo just hold back things knowing the internet will be rife with speculation and although I suppose that’s good for gaining interest on the Wii , when whatever it is finally revealed its such a let down and a bit anti climatic.

The console will be out in less then 6 months and so will the PS3 so its very unlikely at this stage anything can or will be copied. Just spill yer guts Nintendo.

Quoted for truth as they say. I mean really…SD memory cards? This could have been revealed at E3. I know Nintendo just hold back things knowing the internet will be rife with speculation and although I suppose that’s good for gaining interest on the Wii , when whatever it is finally revealed its such a let down and a bit anti climatic.

The console will be out in less then 6 months and so will the PS3 so its very unlikely at this stage anything can or will be copied. Just spill yer guts Nintendo.

Maybe they'll spill there guts at TGS?

Well, it was long known that you could use SD cards. It probably didn't occur to them to point out where exactly the cards would be inserted.

So people are blaming Nintendo because they couldn't accept that there might actually be no secret under the flap.

Well i wasn't overly excited about the flap, but i'm pretty sure it was a camera or something.

Nintendo kept it from us and made it look as though it was another revolutionary aspect of the console.

When most people already guessed it was a SD slot from the start!

Perhaps Nintendo should of told us at E3?

It's kinda both parties fault really. Nintendo should of told us as it's nothing that special.

I'm just bored of waiting for a launch-date really, lol. It's like nearly July and we still don't have a date. Just a vague November 2006 (which isn't that vague, but you know lol) :)

they said we will know everythng in/before septermber didint they?
I wish the launch was Septemeber would eally kick start my first Gsce year.

you cant possibly tell me the only thing that goes in there is an (suggesting single) SD card.

I've got it.....they'll also put in there....XD cards for saving games!!!!!!!

my god im a genious.

Cool: If you've got a SuperCard or MoviePlayer or whatever, you'll be using the same media in your DS and Wii :D

In case of an EyeToy, I'd agree with you. The Wii however, could really profit from a camera that sees your movement. Now it only 'sees' movement of the Wiimote and the nunchuck, and a camera would expand that more as it sees your entire body. The camera could also work lots better than an Eyetoy as it has two reference points in 3D space (the nunchuck and Wiimote) for very precise sensing. It's an extra means of control that doesn't take up a hand or requires buttons - it's even more intuitive and easy to control than the Wiimote.

You can't really blame Nintendo for not 'revealing' it. I mean, why would they bother to tell us "Yeah, and this is the SD card flap" while far more exciting news was told at E3? It's the stupid fanbase's fault, who want/expect impossible things from Nintendo and create a dumb hype for it, not Nintendo's. People should realise that when they don't reveal what's under the flap at the E3 before release, that what's under the flap may not be exciting.

It will be one of the memory mediums, and it’s the only one

that we’ve announced.

Hmmm, does that mean Compact Flash? That'd be a good thing as it's a bit cheaper than SD.

Right..if theres no camera... how are we going to get our faces onto game charecters that was mentioned ages ago?

If theres no camera, we'l either be drawing ourselves or require a computer or digital camera, so that means to have a unique game, you gotta buy more shiz.

The faces on Wii sports were clearly made with a "create a character" feature. I guess the SD card slot would be good for putting in pics. But if you really don't have access to a computer or a digital camera (you only have to borrow one after all) then you're probably too much of a luddite to buy a Wii in the first place.

Yeah, Im sure that a lot of people thought that was where the 512mb memory went. The blue light is the holographic projector though.