NEurope

God bless you Fierce Link.

Long live Barry and Paul Chuckle.

:) Glad to see that they've got such a large following. :hehe:

Oh god...eggheads. Worst game show?

All reality TV shows are ruining TV, especially "music" ones like X-factor, Pop Idol

*shudder*

will it ever end

As much as I despise reality tv with a great fiery passion, was reading a book recently ("Everything Bad is Good for Us" - good book, I'd rec. it) and it was discussing how even the shallowest trashiest reality TV is "smarter" (for lack of better term) that the shallow gameshows of the 70s because people naturally build up relationship "maps" in their heads (Fred doesn't like Jill but Jill thinks of Fred as a friend. Ryan is using Jill to get what he wants. etc). Can't think of the rest of the arguement right now.

But yeah, reality TV is the most of it. I hate how Lost can get away with not answering anything but still being popular, but I do watch it at times. I also hate the 164 hours a week when Veronica Mars isn't on ;)

The downright tedium that is the Weakest Link. The simple fact that you cannot tell that the episode you are watching was not on a week ago, because it's the same thing every day and not a single question or contestant is remotely memorable. In fact, I wouldn't be that surprised if they had been showing the same 5 episodes on a loop since it launched. Add to that a whole lot of work and elimination to walk away with about 10% of the average winner of any other gameshow, makes for dull watching.

the programme i cant bear to watch is "FRIENDS" its terrible! its not funny..every time i have watched it the "audience" laughs but i dont laugh all the way through..its sh!te.

the nail in the coffin of TV these days thou is "quizmania" and other quiz channels that have some idiot presenting and talking random bollox for hours on end. (debbie king on quizmania is fit thou :D)

why do they stop taking calls for 10-15 mins during there prog when there must be LOADS of people waiting to have a go at the question.

one last one is king of the hill that cartoon is utter turd

*scrolls up* indeed eggheads is bollox as well...the "eggheads" look like trainspotters how the hell do they know pretty much everything..they look like the sort that go to star trek conventions

PUNK'D!!"!!"!£$!

I hate ashton man, he needs to get his ass kicked or be seriously hospitilized before i can enjoy life again.

Punk'd lol, anyone remember when Zach Braff got his porche spray painted, man...he was mad...

#Chuckle chuckle vision, chuckle vision

chuckle chuckle vision

da-da-da

da-dadadada

da-da-da

da-dadadada

da

da

da

da

da

chuckle chuckle vision, chuckle vision

da da da#

yeah well you get the idea.

In order to go along with the thread,

Big brother,

Eastenders, emmerdale etc.

Lets start with Eggheads. I use to watch the programme before it hit prime time. Me and my brother would sit there mocking them. Theres that stupid old woman who is on it for her bus fair home. The tanned gimp who always loses, surprised if big egghead (you know the white haired guy) hasn't kicked him off the team. I hate how they tell you every episode their quiz show awards etc.

Next for the weakest link, well if my old man has control of the remote at dinner time, there is no escaping this shite. I can't see the appeal its boring as hell.

Its almost the same for all game shows they become repitive, only two in my eyes aren't. Deal or No Deal and the great, the one, the only, Funhouse.

Its almost the same for all game shows they become repitive, only two in my eyes aren't. Deal or No Deal and the great, the one, the only, Funhouse.

I think i love you. :love:

the one, the only, Funhouse.
It's a whole lotta fun, you know. Apparently, there are prizes to be won. And I heard that it's a real crazy show where anything can go.

Deviating from the topic of crap shows for a moment, I wish they'd bring back the Krypton Factor. I used to love that.

And uh, Arthur & Friends is hands down the best kids show on at the moment, with the best TV theme ever.

And I say hey! (HEY!) What a wonderful kinda day!

Hawt-diggedy, Still Game is back on. I've missed Jack and Victor.

Still Game is back on TV! Best comedy program ever! Scotland only, BBC2, 9pm on a Monday!

he's from platoon.

i dont understand how there are so many chucklevision lovers! i hate paul and barry, in my opinion they are horrible, nasty, filthy men haha. they are to blame for what is wrong with television.

I watch tv for the odd decent film. Neighbours and Lost is about all I can manage, the rest is utter bollocks unless you have Sky.

Oh god...eggheads. Worst game show?

It's a royal pisstake when you see the challengers get the harder questions.

I agree with the gringo who hated Lost, I remember reading the lowdown in the TvTimes:

"Flashbacks show why Shannon [Hm?] is so spoilt..."

WHO GIVES A SHIT SHE'S ON A FUCKING ISLAND!

Plus I think she's dead now so all is well.

I loathe the Bachelor/Bechelorette show with a fierce hate!

It´s so shallow and boring and meaningless because you know theyre marrige is going to last to theyr´e car after the wedding.

Semi off-topic question: Do you brits or whatever have any videogame show on tv?

no. we had some good ones a while back but now they're all dead.

I occasionally watch our BBC regional news programme, Midlands Today, since Nick Owen is a God. I gave him a balloon once.

"Me and my football team played against a team of ballet dancers, we drew 2-2."

You're right, he is a god. :grin:

Big Brother is just a total shitefest, because everyone in it desperately wants to be famous, despite they've already been on TV before.

The first two series of Big Brother were amazing, especially the first, because it was new, the housemates didn't know they were being filmed 24/7, plus they weren't exactly doing it to be famous.

Speaking of Chucklevision, a few months ago, all these people at school had heard that Barry Chuckle had died, and they were all upset. Yet, I went home that day, nothing in the papers, nothing on the news, nobody had said anything.

FUNHOUSE! Pat Sharp and his mullet. 1990's nostalgia.

Animaniacs! Now THAT was funny.

Does anyone hate TV? Is there a TV series that you cannot bare to watch? One that makes you sick, or one that is so bad, you never miss it?

It would be much easier to name the shows that i don't hate...

"Helloo"

Don't understand why people diss Chucklevision, it's great. I still watch it from time to time.

Anyway back on topic, i could list loads of TV programs i hate, and here we go:

• Big Brother
  • X-Factor
  • Weakest Link
  • Modern Kids TV (Tweenies, Teletubbies, Balamory) ahh, they're polluting the airways
  • Eggheads
  • Funhouse (wtf)
  • 50-50 (that kids show where the presenters really rub it in to the losing team)
  • I'm a celeb, get me out of here (or as i call it, "i'm a derelict celeb, give me back my fame ©)
  • Lost (?????)
  • All Home programs DIY shows etc.
  • All other reality TV shows, modern kid programs and golf

Thats all i can think of at the min, the rest are mainly watchable