Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

NGC reborn! - NGamer

Stocka

http://www.futurelicensing.com/home/titles/WII

F.NGAMER.jpg

Positioning

The UK's first unofficial magazine to focus on Nintendo Wii.

Background

Nintendo, one of the three computer game consoles players in the market has just announced the name for its new third generation console: Nintendo Wii. To accommodate this platform and the next generation of gamers and games, we are to replace NGC Magazine (which stands only for Nintendo GameCube) under the new name of NGamer.

The new magazine will cover Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, GameCube and everything else from Nintendo’s gaming heritage. The magazine will be the first unofficial magazine to focus on Nintendo Wii, the console launching in late 2006, which is believed to strongly fight with Xbox 360 and PS3 with its low-price, revolutionary motion sensors and strong launch suite of original games.

NGamer is replacing NGC Magazine on 13 July 2006. The first issue of the magazine is to stay on sale for five weeks to get people acquainted with the new brand. The magazine’s launch is to be supported by the strong promotional campaign. Additionally, each issue will be covermounted with a DVD-ROM and at least one gift, and will have an increased number of pages.

NGamer compliments perfectly with the Official Nintendo Magazine, published by Future in the UK, France and Italy. The magazine will strongly focus on Super Mario Bros, unlike the official magazine and will be much more oriented at the Japanese focus with previews, reviews of import games.

Awesome stuff!

Definately getting it. But...

Cover Price: £4.99
:hmm:

but

each issue will be covermounted with a DVD-ROM

Fantastic. Can't wait :D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people so happy about a DVD-ROM? I mean trailers and stuff is available much earlier on the internet and I doubt that this magazine will get much exclusive content on that disc.

Reviews + articles are what makes a good magazine in my eyes not eye candy!

Looks good, but games magazines are a complete waste of money if you have the internet!

Not entirely, content in magazines (or certainly the content in NGC/N64 at its best) is considerably better than content online, more thorough and well written. Also you can take and read them anywhere and magazines often dig up nuggets of information and screenshots which can't be found online. I see your point but I wouldn't say they are a complete waste of money.

I'm torn with this mag really, I loved N64/NGC and if this is as well written then it will be great but £4.99 is a little steep unless the dvd is really good and full of unique content. I'll be buying the first issue at least.

Hmmm I had a two year subscription with ngc. I thought it would just role over to this new mag but now with the increase in price im unsure....

Same mine was renewed a month back for a two year subscription but im guessing it will carry on but we get less issues. Cant wait for this :grin:

It's quite funny how they say the Wii will put up a strong fight with the other console due to its price, then they reveal that the price for their new magazine is £4.99. :p

Ironic indeed!

Maybe the price is that high so as to finance some demo-disks? I mean they wont be that expensive to produce for the Wii, will they?

God, I hate that logo. For seem reason it seems very... kiddish to me. Maybe it's just me.

Reminds of those kids magazines like Jetix.

And the DVD-ROM probably won't be fantastic. I can understand one for e3, but I mean there can't be that much content each month can there, well surely not enough to justify making one.

I doubt there'd be demo discs as it is unoffical remember. ONM would get the priority on demo discs I'm sure.

And the cover... seems incredibly dull. I long for the days of like SuperPlay when artwork from the magazines art department was on the front cover, not same generic image used over and over. I must have seen that mario picture 30+ times.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!