NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
eel

How to beat no sleep

Anybody have any ideas or methods? :p

I'm doing coursework at the moe, loads of it, and it seems there arent enough hours in the day. So i've taken te not sleeping some nights. It's not the no sleep part thats the probelm, it's that after about 22 hours of no sleep, my brain seems to turn off. I canm still write and think, but when i look over my coursework words and sometimes whole sentances are missing, and the grammer is relativily basic.

Anybody know why this, or anything (legal) i could take te stimulate me head. Also, allthough i'm smart an all that, this coursework has made me think i've got ADD:hmm: anybody care to advise me

My cousin had to get something finished for school recently and had to stay up night after night, more than once. She went to the doctor to ask for some pills that could help her stay awake. I would give you a name of the pills but I don't know it. Just know that they were some natural herb thingie.

So yeah, maybe go ask your doctor for something? Seems safer to me than just any other stuff you can just buy anywhere you know.

Also, try to sleep still, even if it's just for an hour or two after a night of no sleep. Your body can only take so much before kinda... going crazy. Not sleeping for a long time can apparently have the same effect on your mind/body as getting high or drunk or something.

Coca Cola, Coffee, Tea...

Dog urine...

well the reason for that, is probely cause i either get too much sleep, on the weekends, or too little sleep, during the weekdays.

I've tried coke, but's its made my eyes hurt in the morning.

Gonne try the doctor on friday.

I've also heard this story about a Dj, who went days without sleep. Then one day he went completely mental. Meant to because REM will happen wether the body is awake or not and so after a while ye strat te see things. Pleasant or not.

I once thought i saw a maggot crawling up me arm once

Pro-Plus. Though after about 32 hours awake finishing my final uni coursework with the aid of that plus lots of coffee, I started seeing smoke out the corner of my eyes that vanished when I looked at it, and hearing babies crying.

Pro-Plus. Though after about 32 hours awake finishing my final uni coursework with the aid of that plus lots of coffee, I started seeing smoke out the corner of my eyes that vanished when I looked at it, and hearing babies crying.

Heh i have to buy some of that...

Which brings up a curious quesiton, would a sixteen year old be able to buy these without consent?

pro plus? how much does it cost off the shelf?

Theres also this modafinil thing, but i'm not sure if its sold in bittain

Heh i have to buy some of that...

Which brings up a curious quesiton, would a sixteen year old be able to buy these without consent?

heh heh, i guess i should have asked the same question :laughing:

but i guess if i dont shave for a few days and put on my phone voice....

You could just spend the whole day before it has to be in doing the coursework...you can't possibly have THAT much to do, it's not like you're suddenly gonna be given all ur English Coursework to do at once or whatever :heh: n then you're only gonna be given like 3 tops at once, unless of course your school is weird as.

You could just spend the whole day before it has to be in doing the coursework...you can't possibly have THAT much to do, it's not like you're suddenly gonna be given all ur English Coursework to do at once or whatever :heh: n then you're only gonna be given like 3 tops at once, unless of course your school is weird as.

ya, it is as weird as

ALL the teachers though it would be a good idea te get all the coursework for next year done this month, as they thought it would relieve pressure on the students :hmm: WHAT!

Don't, it's very bad for your health and your sanity, you should have a regular sleeping pattern and get at least 8 hours of sleep each day, unlike me, because when I was having my AS exams, I woke up at 5pm and went to bed at 7-8 pm, and I ended up having to go see a doctor because I was putting on too much weight, was tired all the time and was always very pale. So don't do it, it's not a good idea.

How's aboot sleeping instead of posting about it on the interweb.

/troll :P

Nah man, go to bed.

watch big brother..watch them sleeping that will keep you awake ;) *yawns* hehe

Heh, i did that one night and it worked

also, watching german sub-title movies that come on at around 3 in the morning help stimulate me intellect.

Anyways, just one more week of strees and its SUMMER :yay:

O. and ds lite :yay: :yay:

do some brain training.

or sit outside infront of a bonfire, cook loads of potatos, and watch everyone else go to sleep, then go to sleep at half 5, un planned, wake up at half 7, then go to paintballing. true story.

do some brain training.

or sit outside infront of a bonfire, cook loads of potatos, and watch everyone else go to sleep, then go to sleep at half 5, un planned, wake up at half 7, then go to paintballing. true story.

ya, but where do i fit in the coursework part :idea:

ya, it is as weird as

ALL the teachers though it would be a good idea te get all the coursework for next year done this month, as they thought it would relieve pressure on the students :hmm: WHAT!

How about you just don't? If it's for next year it can't really matter if it's not done now...

How about you just don't? If it's for next year it can't really matter if it's not done now...

Best advice EVA :shock:

Heh, i did that one night and it worked

also, watching german sub-title movies that come on at around 3 in the morning help stimulate me intellect.

Anyways, just one more week of strees and its SUMMER :yay:

O. and ds lite :yay: :yay:

ya, but where do i fit in the coursework part :idea:

Okay. So you DO have time to watch german movies and play DS but you don't have time for sleep (or brain training)? :hmm:

A 1999 University of Chicago team led by Eve Van Cauter limited a group of lean young men to four hours of sleep per night for sixteen days. The subjects showed decreased levels of leptin and increased levels of cortisol. The subjects also increased their daily caloric intake by 1,000 calories. The team discovered that the subjects' insulin and blood sugar levels resembled the impaired glucose tolerance of prediabetics, an indication that they were no longer properly processing carbohydrates. Studies have also linked sleep deprivation to an increased incidence of obesity.

At Harvard Medical School, researchers have identified associations between sleep deprivation and illnesses ranging from hypertension and heart attacks to cancer. Poor sleepers generate increased levels of stress hormones and show more inflammatory changes in the walls of their small blood vessels, both of which contribute to elevated blood pressure. Because of their exposure to light at night, night-shift workers produce less melatonin, a hormone which not only promotes sleep but has been shown to have cancer-prevention benefits as well.

Just get some sleep man, i think there's no medicine that totally substitutes natural sleep.

Sign in to follow this