N-Europe

Apple to acquire Nintendo?

DiemetriX

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah of course mate, apple will buy nintendo, like mircrosoft are going to buy Sony and be renamed Shinra

Quote of the day! (The Turks = Harrison, Allard, Mr. "Ridge Racer!" and Bill)

On topic: I just won't even consider this as a possibility. It's just plain stupid. So many reasons why this just won't happen that it's just not worth thinking about.

Guys its official... In a similar deal to that granted to Panasonic for gamecube techology, Nintendo have granted apple the exclusive rights to incorporate their next gaming technology into a special edition mini-mac.

Welcome to the WII-MAC.

applerev-785753.jpg

Unlikely, although Nintendo is undoubtedly a target for takeovers.

Bill Gates is known to be eager to add it to Microsoft - and isn't there a great deal of rivalry between Apple and MS? What a coup that would be, for either party.

The fact remains that Nintendo is not for sale. Nintendo has been busy buying back large numbers of shares to reduce the possible success of any hostile takeover - and the Managent Board are very unlikely to invite interest.

Every-so-often little romours like this appear. Mainly to give justify a journalists' salary, but ultimately, it gives us all a laugh.

Hmmm...

I hope that it's true. Nintendo have had trouble for a long time, and if Nintendo launch the Wii as Apple/Nintendo Wii instead of just Nintendo Wii, they'd interrest twice the ammount of people.

The old Nintendo fans, plus all the fashionable iPod-consumers!

Remember, this is the way the rumour that Rare were going to be bought by MS started off. Everyone was sying bulls**t, and after a week or something, it was announced as official news!

There have been a lot of rumours about iTunes being built into the Wii and being used for the Virtual Console as well as the other stuff. That and the new, apple-esque designs, not to mention the rumours that the Wii is built on PowerPC architecture (As I believe the Cube was) would clearly suggest at least a friendly relationship between the companies.

Personally I think it'd be a fantastic move, though I would be totally against Nintendo being accquired or merging with someone like Microsoft. I think if they merged with Apple they'd be allowed to keep their own identity and keep true to their own ideas without just simply being accquired as a software developer.

I also believe that if they merged it would be highly beneficial for both companies. Apple have for years been trying to compete with Microsoft in the Computer market, but have never really succeeded in attracting more than the consumers who want to use arty applications. A large reason for this is that Apple computers have never been able to attract Gamers. The ability to play Nintendo games or even just use the Wii mote on an Apple computer would seriously enhance its appeal to Gamers.

As for Nintendo, they've always had trouble with advertising and appealing to the cool crowd and whilst the DS has moved things forward I think that having Apple onboard would seriously enhance that appeal.

Both companies would retain their own individuality whilst using their own strengths to help each other and expand. I believe it would be a great move although I honestly don't believe it will happen.

It would be quite the textbook stratagem. Two parties, a common enemy, join forces, expand and grow. A joint venture seems more realistic than a buy-out, though. After all, there is still Japanese pride to consider.

I really wouldn't mind, as long as Nintendo stays Nintendo. Lending strengths to one another is smart.

WERE DO PEOPLE GET THIS shite OOOOH WII IS WHITE THAT MEENS APPLE ARE BUYING THEM PATHETIC THIS IS JUST MORE ANTI NINTENDO MEDIA ITS A WAY OF MAKING NINTENDO LOOK SMALL AS CASUAL GAMERS THINK NINTENDO IS A SMALL STUGGLING COMPANY WERE THEY GET THAT FROM I SIMPLY DONT NO 800+MILLION IN CLEAR PROFITS GAMING ALONE SO LESS OF THE LIES SONY BIASED MEDIA