Super Paper Mario

Sarka

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think this game looks s***

Piss off then....nah I'm kidding. :grin:

But seriously just don't look at the screens and don't look at the topic if you don't like the game being discussed. Thats what I do...:wink:

• 1 month later...

I don't think this game will be as good as it should be because it's just a "hang on this untill the Wii comes out and don't get a 360" game.

The main objective of this game is probably to hold you on your gamecube and the sales/quality of the game come as a secondary objective. I hope i'm wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

From Ign's mail

Hey Matt. It doesn't seem like Super Paper Mario for the GCN is coming out on October 9th (given that it hasn't been released in Japan yet, and everyone but Nintendo has the game listed as Q4 '06 or Q1 '07). I know you vaguely hinted at games for another console being moved onto Wii instead. So is there any chance Nintendo is going to move Super Paper Mario onto Wii? Or was that just a one-time deal with Zelda?

Matt responds: Hmm. How should I write this? Have to be vague, you know? Let me just say that yes, Paper Mario will be headed to Wii and not GameCube. Now read between the lines, damn you! Wait. That was a terrible hint! All right, that's it for today. Time to beat Bozon.

Coming out for Wii now then is it? Not really surprised to be honest. Can't have a proper Nintendo console launch without a Mario game afterall (I'm including Luigi's Mansion of course). This launch is gonna leave a massive hole in my wallet it seems...

Noooo... I wanted this game so much.... You bastards!!!!

There's still a chance they'll release it on Gamecube too. They might do to this game what they did to Twilight Princess, and release it on both consoles, one having Wii control and such perhaps. That's probably just wishful thinking on my part though.

Offtopic note here, but does anyone know what happened to that Kirby game for the 'Cube? Is it cancelled or something? If so, I'm way behind the news here...

Offtopic note here, but does anyone know what happened to that Kirby game for the 'Cube? Is it cancelled or something? If so, I'm way behind the news here...

Has the Wiimote got a microphone in it? Well even so, i'm sure there will be an accessory such as a headset or attachment at the bottom of the Wiimote for a microphone as I suspect that the Kirby Game that was supposed to be released on GCN will be released on Wii instead and for Kirby to blow up, you need to puff [blow] into the microphone as if you're actually supplying the air, and maybe even suck in air as well to suck up enemies and absorb their abilities.

Are you not buying a Wii? You fool.

I think this is the right thing to do, I don't like to see good games pass by the eyes of the mass market.

they could have kept it on a cube disc but the idiotic public would get confused.

I was planning to buy a wii. Play it for a month then sell it a profit in the christmas madness and buy this.

I will buy a wii when I get the money....(But with univ and stuff that's not easy)

And I want more love for cube :(

Zelda, this game, bongo blast, there are still lots of game to buy for cube, but they are f***ing me....

Oh well if this is a launch title, it will be the best line up ever ever ever...

I don't like this. I would've liked this to be one of those last hits for the Cube, allthough granted, there are some other titles still too choose from (Zelda, Baten Kaitos, and StarWars Lego looks fun too). I can get this from a marketing viewpoint, but still it doesn't feel logical. You may have a Mario game at lauch, but this isn't a typical Mario game, and (I assume) still won't appeal to the casual gamer. It doesn't use the Wii hardware, being the kind of game it is, it won't get a graphical upgrade or new Wii controls (seriously, I will ignore the game if they do implement Wii controls :D).

It's weird, but I am less enthousiastic about this game as a Wii game than I was about this game as a Cube game. I'm still hoping it isn't true, I haven't seen an official statement.

The only potential advantage I see is the retro controller. I hate the Cube controller, and I'm hoping the retro controller will be better, but I won't know that untill I can experience it for myself.

they could have kept it on a cube disc but the idiotic public would get confused.

[..]

They could use Cube disc in a Wii case. The idiotic public would be ignorant, but the game works fine on a Wii, Cube gamers can play it on a Cube as well, and Nintendo can market it as a Wii game, so the game can get more attention. Everyone would be happy.

They could use Cube disc in a Wii case. The idiotic public would be ignorant, but the game works fine on a Wii, Cube gamers can play it on a Cube as well, and Nintendo can market it as a Wii game, so the game can get more attention. Everyone would be happy.

Totally agree. Wish they did that for zelda :cry:

I don't like this. I would've liked this to be one of those last hits for the Cube, allthough granted, there are some other titles still too choose from (Zelda, Baten Kaitos, and StarWars Lego looks fun too). I can get this from a marketing viewpoint, but still it doesn't feel logical. You may have a Mario game at lauch, but this isn't a typical Mario game, and (I assume) still won't appeal to the casual gamer. It doesn't use the Wii hardware, being the kind of game it is, it won't get a graphical upgrade or new Wii controls (seriously, I will ignore the game if they do implement Wii controls :D).

It's weird, but I am less enthousiastic about this game as a Wii game than I was about this game as a Cube game. I'm still hoping it isn't true, I haven't seen an official statement.

The only potential advantage I see is the retro controller. I hate the Cube controller, and I'm hoping the retro controller will be better, but I won't know that untill I can experience it for myself.

[..]