Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think they will come with an updated list and keeping smashbros tight as a virgin vagina but i think it will make it this year for japan and then march 2008 for us :(

i think the reason they are taking so long with smashbros is becouse of the expectations people want this game to be perfect ( great online gameplay / lots of character requests and more so i think thats the reason why and they are keeping this game behind bars i think till the wii sales goes down a little haha

Today at uni and we were saying when did we think we sales will slow right down. And that was when the wii reaches the exact total sales of gamecubes sold in each territory.

But anyway its like 2.5 months till E3 pressconference in july. So we will bound to see a trailer then. Weird observation loads of wiis have been sold back to GAME in hull.

Now I reckon we'll probably see Sonic and friends in this title.

if the delay of smash bros is about adding more / new characters or adventure / storymode or a great online mode then i wont mind waiting till 2008 but not too long that is i can wait max till feb / march after that i'll get pissed haha

i read on sakurais poll that simon belmont will make an appearance in the game but its not officially anounced i only read it there

You must have some exciting conversations at Uni. :p

Anyway, I'm gonna go with a 2008 release, as dissappointing as it is. And I'm still against Sonic in Brawl.

Mhm yes, most of our conversations at uni involve expression such as "sit on your face"

Anyway. Yeah...no 2008 delays yeah? Or do so in Europe as long as it comes out while im in America :D

Looks like the game may be further on than we expected...

The latest volume of the Hideo Kojima’s podcast has been translated. While we have already heard about the Snake Vs. Zombie event, we didn’t hear that Masahiro Sakurai was also at the event. Mr. Sakurai is the director and game designer for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Sakurai and Kojima talked about Brawl, and apparently the two have been playing the game together. Kojima makes a few comments about Brawl in general saying that the game feels very complete, it is a lot of fun, and if Nintendo released it now it would probably sell millions of copies.

We also find out that during their matches, Sakurai played as Mario and Kojima played as Snake. Kojima jokes about how he couldn’t bring himself to beat up Mario out of respect for the character. I guess if I ever play Kojima I know who to be!

Looks like the game may be further on than we expected...
Hmm.... very interesting!!

Kojima makes a few comments about Brawl in general saying that the game feels very complete, it is a lot of fun, and if Nintendo released it now it would probably sell millions of copies.

Maybe the game is currently at a stage that makes it similar to Melee, so in theory the game could be released soon and it would be great, but hopefully they will now continue development and work on the online aspect and additional gameplay modes;

more event matches, more modes like break the target/home run, a unique adventure modes for each character etc...

Wasn't this game announced on E3 2005 already? As far as I remember they (Nintendo) said something about SSB coming to their next-gen with online capabilities etc. though not even the name was announced back then. If they were already developing the game in that time and not just making plans for it, they already have had a good 2 years of development time so it could be a lot more finished than we think it is ^^

Yeah i am sure it was announced as a launch title. it must be the next "BIG ONE" out surely.

I'm sure it was never a launch title, and that It was always intended for the end of 2007. (unlike launch/March for Metroid/Mario)

That news sounds good, but I'm still skeptic about a 2007 release. Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy are more likely to be released first, based upon Nintendo's presentation of those titles.

It was announced as a Launch game, but before the controller was even revealed. I think it was at the unvailing of the "Revolution."

I don't think actual development started until around E3 last year, as there was talk of the remote not being suitable for smash brothers so they're not sure what to do with the game. And then a little while after, it was announced to be in development and we were told to not throw away are GC controllers.

I don't think actual development started until around E3 last year, as there was talk of the remote not being suitable for smash brothers so they're not sure what to do with the game. And then a little while after, it was announced to be in development and we were told to not throw away are GC controllers.

The "you may want to hold on to GameCube controllers" comment was from E3 2006. I don't see why the Remote is unsuitable in any way for Smash Bros.

The "you may want to hold on to GameCube controllers" comment was from E3 2006. I don't see why the Remote is unsuitable in any way for Smash Bros.

I agree but I think they meant it in more of a motion sensing way, which kinda makes sense IMHO.

And chances are that it wont use the GC controller anyway it would probably use the classic controller as an alternate control method if any it does go that route.

EDIT:- Just found this, looks like the game has been in development since October 05.

Gamespot News Item

for me it doesnt matter if they put in motion sensing or classic controller / GCN controller id rather choose classic controller ( thats my personal opinion ) for fighting games the motion sensing is not so cool i used it with dragonball budokai wii and i liked it more with the classic controller Motion sensing is more for games like FPS rpg sword fighting horror games adventure but for fight games i'd rather use the classic Con

At a recent gathering of Japanese game developers, Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima reportedly got a chance to play a version of the game with Smash Bros. director Masahiro Sakurai. According to Kojima Productions podcastee Ryan Payton, Kojima later said the game was "a lot of fun" and "already feels very complete." How complete? "You guys could put it out right now and it could sell millions of copies," Kojima reportedly said.

Nintendo has been characteristically stingy with details about the highly-anticipated game, releasing no new information since a trailer last November.

1pstart

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!