NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

If the Mario Strikers servers are anything to go by then Im not getting too excited. The beatem up genre is hard to pull off online I mean DoA on the 360 has terrible lag as does Street Fighter 2 on XBLA. Although I would like voice chat in I am happy with the little messages you can have displayed, reminds me of PSO.

Overall though its a good update as MANY people do what online play with this.

If done right, there can be little lag.

Street Fighter Anniversarry Collection had flawless online play. I was playing against some guy in Australia with no lag at all on SF3 Third Strike.

If we had dedicated servers rather than player side gaming, we would have this issue. Fucking cheap assed companies... >_>

If done right, there can be little lag.

Street Fighter Anniversarry Collection had flawless online play. I was playing against some guy in Australia with no lag at all on SF3 Third Strike.

If we had dedicated servers rather than player side gaming, we would have this issue. Fucking cheap assed companies... >_>

LMBO

To be fair your right. I had that on the XBOX and I cant remember any lag problems with it either, had some great matches on that little game. Now if only Capcom would make an online version of Marvel Vs Capcom 2......

I barely come into this cause I don't want to know anything about the game but it's great to see that onlines been confirmed now. I hope they do it right and we don't get to much lag cause I wanna verse one of my friends from America and couldn't with Strikers because it wouldn't accept the friend code.

The little messages is good though since I don't care much about Voice Chat, though it would of been fun with friends only but I can just talk to them via Xbox Live when playing them online with this.

Read this on another forum:

There are two main types - "With Friends" and "With Anyone". There will be no region locking for the online mode like Mario Strikers Charged Football, and Sakurai warns us that we may encounter some lag. He apologises in advance for that.

I don't know where the quote is from.

I don't know where the quote is from.

It's from N-Europe.com. He mentions playing overseas in the dojo article.

But you can play overseas in MSCF too if you share friend codes.

Mine wouldn't let me. I've heard plenty of others saying the same, too.

Christ no pleasing some folk on here we finally get the online announcement and then the moaning starts. I have 63 people all from this forum on my friend list on Mario Strikers and there is very little problem with lag. This is n-europe after all so most members are european, Smash Bros is gonna be hugely popular amongst the n-europe community so I think the online aspect of the game is gonna be superb and you can have some post match discussions on the forum. Hopefully some sort of tourney can be organised on here too.

Voice chat for BWII does seem a more essential element for online play but I think Smash Bros will be fine without it - come on guys lets be a little more upbeat the game looks amazing and online play is the icing on the cake.

Yay.. I guess, but wasn't it already confirmed like ages ago? Nevermind...

As for lack of voicechat, I'm kinda disappointed it wasn't included in friend matches. I would be pretty satisfied if it was just between matches, doesn't seem that hard to implement.

Yay.. I guess, but wasn't it already confirmed like ages ago? Nevermind...

As for lack of voicechat, I'm kinda disappointed it wasn't included in friend matches. I would be pretty satisfied if it was just between matches, doesn't seem that hard to implement.

yeah lack of voice chat sucks. After I fight you, I don't really want to have to ring you up and ask for another match.....

I'm so happy there's no leaderboards/stats! This should mean a DRASTIC change in Nintendo's online play - No more disconnectors! I am over the moon with it.

Really nice Update.

Don't care about VC at all. I for one hate people talking crap in games so its a plus for me. I would personally put the region lock on to minimise lag.

Also really nice that people don't know your stats ect. Less chance of disconnecting and because theres no point accumulation more time actually spent playing the damn game and not worrying about loss of points or ranking.

Heres hoping for an online Co-op mode to be announced:yay:

yeah lack of voice chat sucks. After I fight you, I don't really want to have to ring you up and ask for another match.....

make it your taunt

"want another match jump for yes"

simplish

When I play Mario Strikers online I use my PC and messenger for voice chat.

Can't we all do that?

WWWWHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

What?

Just saying what everyones thinking.

Yay, great update.

Looking forward to some awesome online games.

Voice chat isn't essential IMO. I feel weird talking to someone who isnt there while playing a game anyways, and I don't want idiots swearing at me all the time.

All I need now is confirmation of Mr Game & Watch :D

I really don't care if voice chat is missing, I don't think a beat em up especially needs it games like batallion wars do but this nah, im just happy that it has online as an extra, for me its the single player and normal multiplayer.

i never use voice chat on xbox live i only play online and have fun i dont even care about that i only wanted to know the confirmation that smashbros will be online , and as for the lag xbox 360 has the same problem with dead or alive

and as for streetfighter you cant compare that with smashbros as there is no 4 player mode in it and its a cartoony gif style graphics size of the game is 250mb its a big difference in a Dual layered 8,5 gig game and a 250 mb game

w00t online play, and he says there will be other features that he will reveal that will use wi-fi, i hope it's subspace emmissary