Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Mario Galaxy

Ashley

Me, and I don't understand people who don't. I got the habbit of reading the manual ever since I started gaming in 1989 or whatever it was.

I don't just like the game, I like to examine the box, the cover, the manual, it's a whole ritual. :D

I'm the exact same thing. It builds the anticipation.

Sometimes i even lick the box before playing it.

lol, not really.

I'm the exact same thing. It builds the anticipation.

Sometimes i even lick the box before playing it.

lol, not really.

Oh... I thought I found someone that shares the same hobby as me.

Nah I kid :heh: I kiss them instead.

I wonder how long i'll look at the box before opening it, then when i do I wonder how long i'll stare at the open box, then wonder how long i'll stare at the title screen. There's starting up a new file and looking at the gorgesnous.

I think it'll be Christmas by the time I get my first star.

wow.

nintendo sure used allot of anti aliasing on super mario galaxy resently look.

1192458994-040.jpg

E3 2006 (aka before)

1192458994-041.jpg

Oct 2007

(see more difference by enlarging the image)

It looks absolutly stunning.

why didn't zelda twilight prinsess use anti aliasing(or any other game by that matter)

Look at the flowers on the right in the new one, there is bloom still.

Whoops didn't see those, although its pretty clear that Petey Piranha doesn't have the same lighting effects on him in the second pic that he did in the first.

They've probably just reduced the intensity of Bloom then. :heh:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/827/827376p2.html

New material up at IGN. They like it!

Super Mario Galaxy plays and looks better every single time we get our hands on it. At this point, we can't imagine how the platformer won't be a must-have title when it ships next month. For new media, including demos and direct-feed video, check our appropriate images and videos tabs below.

I can't believe I'm 34 and still this excited at the prospect of a new game! In fact, the whole Wii line up for the Winter has got me dancing about like a loon. I suppose this is why I plumped for the Wii instead of the other consoles. I know there's an awful lot of cynicism about the Wii from the gaming community, but really if it wasn't for this little white slab o' fun I don't think I would have even entertained "next-gen" gaming.

I've got Mario Galaxy on order, along with Metroid 3 and NiGHTS, and the missus has got me a copy of a long-overdue Twilight Princess for my Christmas pressie. And there's a ton of great games to come next year too, along with stuff like Zelda for the DS.

Best gaming Christmas ever! (OK, even if NiGHTS has been put back...:wink: )

About 2 weeks ago the Japanese Nintendo site had a new 'Iwata ask's' article with developers of Mario Galaxy but obviously it was in Japanese . Neither Nintendo.co.uk or.com has translated it yet (and the JP site is up to part 3) but this guy has translated part 1:

http://3e8.org/writings/iwata-asks/super-mario-galaxy-vol-1.html

I accidentally posted this in the Paper Mario tread before :(