Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Mario Galaxy

Ashley

Both of the Ray races I found incredibly easy and did first time with a lot of time to spare. I really don't see why people have been having so much difficulty with them.

Because people fail to release A when in a corner. :) They might also fail to steer while airborn (it's possible and helps a lot).

hi guys,

i am trying to get the secret star on gusty garden galaxy, but having problems. I know i have to take off using the flower/petals from the first planet and collect the 3 big coins, but when i do i can never get enough height, and by the time ive done my 3 shakes of the wii-mote im nowhere near the 3rd lol......... Any hints/ advice?

hi guys,

i am trying to get the secret star on gusty garden galaxy, but having problems. I know i have to take off using the flower/petals from the first planet and collect the 3 big coins, but when i do i can never get enough height, and by the time ive done my 3 shakes of the wii-mote im nowhere near the 3rd lol......... Any hints/ advice?

When you start flying with the petal, don't shake the controller until it starts to vibrate, then shake it, that'll make you go higher. Also, try and time it just correctly (and practise a little as well).

When you start flying with the petal, don't shake the controller until it starts to vibrate, then shake it, that'll make you go higher. Also, try and time it just correctly (and practise a little as well).

thanks mate, with your help ive finally got it... took me at least 30 attempts lol, thank goodness for the Princess sending me those letters with 1-ups!

thanks for the reply triforcemario

I've got 111 stars so far. Some of the remaining stars are really frustrating me, mainly the purples coins in the second bee galaxy because of one jump that seems to take me ages to do so I run out of time, and the daredevil comet on the volcano level, I don't think I've ever been more frustrated at a level!

But I'll eventually get them, and the rest. I have all Christmas to do it, determined to get 120!

I've got 111 stars so far. Some of the remaining stars are really frustrating me, mainly the purples coins in the second bee galaxy because of one jump that seems to take me ages to do so I run out of time, and the daredevil comet on the volcano level, I don't think I've ever been more frustrated at a level!

I had similar beef with the jump in question until i realized the platform was just big enough for a triple jump/spin.

My only advice on the volcano level is to take it slow and keep your health full

ok ive just landed my 120th star, do i need to go back and do the bowser level and kill him all over again, even though i had done it after 60? Is this whats needed to play as Luigi , or am i missing something?

Yeah you have to go and kick his ass again. Then you get luigi.

I'm actually dissapointed with this game, after getting to terms with it. Though, I've slowly been losing interest in games lately, which is annoying me. I thought this would be the game to get me hyped again.

I have to say, I enjoyed playing sunshine through the first time more than I have this. That might have been because I was younger or whatever, but it's the truth. I'm not sure why I've not enjoyed it as much as I thought I would, it just doesn't feel as awesome as people have said it is. I've actually, like H-O-T said in the Ratchet and clank thread, enjoyed that more than this.

I'm not saying it's bad or anything, far from it, it's a great game in it's own right, but for me it's just not lived up to my expectations. The planets that weren't round or whatever, i.e the ones like a normal game I found myself not really enjoying because they just bored me tbh. Some of the levels on galaxy have been awesome fun, like the first few levels I played on it. I've not had the urge to go on it again for ages either.

Meh, I'm probably being to picky here, but playing this just made me remember how much I loved sunshine and then, if I go further back, 64.

/Rant over - awaits flaming.:)

Is anyone really disappointed by the grand finale galaxy? Every star in the game was great to get, it really was an anti-climax for me to go through the 'trouble' of completing the game for a 2nd time only to have the big bonus star be a victory lap

and @ Haggis:

I see your point. Reviews keep saying how this is the so-called true sequel to mario 64, but to me mario sunshine is alot more alike. The way levels were set up in SMG and especcially the pacing were very different. That doesn't mean i liked it less though :p.

To tell the truth I probably had a better time with Mario Sunshine than Galaxy. Probably because it was the only cube game I had at the time. But also because there was more of a challenge there. I remember I used to get so obsessed with the game that I would dream about how to complete the levels where fludd gets taken away. And first thing in the morning when I woke up before school, I went ahead and completed the level. Mario Galaxy is good, but not amazing. But it does deserve to be game of the year.

I would dream about how to complete the levels where fludd gets taken away. And first thing in the morning when I woke up before school, I went ahead and completed the level. Mario Galaxy is good, but not amazing. But it does deserve to be game of the year.

dont mention those stages... argh.. they put me off the game for good

I had similar beef with the jump in question until i realized the platform was just big enough for a triple jump/spin.

My only advice on the volcano level is to take it slow and keep your health full

Thanks man, managed to finish them both yesterday, I actually cheered when I finished the volcano daredevil comet! Only 2 left, purple coins in the toy galaxy and the snow bunnies.