NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

Just need to wait and see how well it does in the second week. If it isn't above 200,000 I shall be displeased.

Gonna have to wait till Christmas to play this.

Metroid Prime 3 should make the wait a bit easier.

I've deliverately kept myself from looking at this game, but just watched the video review from gametrailers. I think I just cummed my pants.

Deeko: 100

It's rare to play through a perfect game or one that nears perfection, but Galaxy definitely fits that mold.

GamePro: 100

Super Mario Galaxy raises the bar in terms of what can be achieved on the Wii. Galaxy is the kind of game that you're going to want to take your time with because there is just so much to do in the game. This is the first game in a long time that I've actually gone back and replayed levels just for fun. It's everything you loved about Mario 64 and nothing you hated about "Super Mario Sunshine."

EuroGamer: 100

Where Galaxy matches "Mario 64" is not quite in its quality of execution - alongside the brilliance of some stars are others which fall a bit flat, and there isn't the overall sense of implacable perfection that that game had - but in its confidence and originality.

PALGN: 100

Super Mario Galaxy is without doubt the finest game Nintendo have produced this decade - endorsements don’t come much stronger than that.

GameSpy: 100

If you enjoy playing the best, then you absolutely need to play Super Mario Galaxy. It's our favorite Wii game this year, and a strong contender for the best game of the year.

Gaming Target: 99

Super Mario Galaxy is the best game on the Wii, period.

GameTrailers: 98

It's a perfect blend of the established and unexpected, and a finely crafted piece of software that will infect your subconscious and make you dread dropping the controller. The accessibility, ingenuity, variety, quality, and quantity are impeccable. The only real uncertainty is how much you'll allow it to take over your life.

Game Informer: 98

Once that nostalgic music rings out and Mario leaps into the air, all your complaints instantly vanish. This is, in my opinion, the best Mario game since the NES classic, Super Mario Bros. It innovates in a genre that we had thought we had seen everything from, and in doing so delivers some of the most entertaining gameplay to date.

Official Nintendo Magazine UK: 97

Simply put, if you've long been dreaming of a game that actually makes the most of the Wii's powerful graphics processor then your dreams have come true. Super Mario Galaxy will not only rock your socks, it will blow your actual feet clean off, leaving you with a set of comedy stumps that you can use to pretend you're a marauding pirate.

IGN: 97

One of the greatest platformers I have ever played, Wii's best game, and an absolute must-own experience. And to me, this odd trek through space really does feel like the true sequel to "Mario 64."

1UP: 95

Galaxy proves that Mario matters just as much today as he did 25 years ago, and that makes him one of a kind in this medium. But don't play Galaxy simply because Mario is the timeless godfather of gaming. No, play Galaxy because it's fantastic.

GameSpot: 95

The stellar presentation and fantastic level designs combine to make Super Mario Galaxy the Wii's game to beat and one of Mario's greatest adventures yet.

Computer and Video Games:95

Galaxy's real success is in its ability to surprise, which it does consistently from start to finish. Just when you think Nintendo's out of ideas you're blasted off to another world that's even crazier and more creative than the last.

GamesTM: 90

Nintendo has crafted a platform game that, while not as technologically pioneering as its grandfather, is, level for level, more fun to play than "Mario 64."

From MetaCritics! :)

http://www.metacritics.com/games/platforms/wii/supermariogalaxy

It gives an overall Critic score of 97 and links to full reviews of the game. :D

GamerRadar = 10

Minuses are:

Costumes could be cooler.

They didn't like Tchno-Dance Ice Mario!!

Not having the game NOW!!!

I'm listening to some of the tracks off a ripped OST, i have to say the music is astoundingly good.

From MetaCritics! :)

http://www.metacritics.com/games/platforms/wii/supermariogalaxy

It gives an overall Critic score of 97 and links to full reviews of the game. :D

That's the same place I saw the PalGN review and then posted that on here. I thought others knew of metacritic, that's why I never posted it up. It is a fantastic all-round site though.

Gamespot could never have really trashed this, the music is orchestrated ;).

That's the same place I saw the PalGN review and then posted that on here. I thought others knew of metacritic, that's why I never posted it up. It is a fantastic all-round site though.

Gamespot could never have really trashed this, the music is orchestrated ;).

I really Like Metacritics! It's a good website. :)

I posted them here as i thought it would be easier to see all the scores so far! :D

I'm listening to some of the tracks off a ripped OST, i have to say the music is astoundingly good.
And where did you get the ripped OST from?

Just need to wait and see how well it does in the second week. If it isn't above 200,000 I shall be displeased.

Considering we dont ahve the first week sales yet, just the first 3 days...I'd say its likely to get more than that

I love how people are misreading all the Sales Figures. The game was only out for 3 days at the end of the period, therefore the figure is not really the first week is it

I just seen two ads on the TV, there were like 5 seconds long, what is up with that, you'd think Nintendo would give Mario a bigger stage with which to promote his game

I just seen two ads on the TV, there were like 5 seconds long, what is up with that, you'd think Nintendo would give Mario a bigger stage with which to promote his game

You fool, those adverts are genius. Short snappy ads are cool, rather than really long ones. With the exception of the Phil Collins/Cadbury's Gorilla advert. That's just too fucking cool.

I can't, sorry :( I looked for it on other sources but came out with nothing but the conclusion/score breakdown.

Ah no problems. I'll translate that page though tomorrow if anyone's interested. Really need to go to bed now. Buona Notte

With the exception of the Phil Collins/Cadbury's Gorilla advert. That's just too fucking cool.

Huh? It's terrible and only 3 seconds long...

Huh? It's terrible and only 3 seconds long...

It's called a teaser. The real ads will show up closer to the release date. They're exactly like the 3 second Wii teasers before it's launch.

nearlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy there lucky i got the 16th off (bros birthday) and my bro wants the game so we gunna goto GAME at 9am and grab it then play it all day w0000 (well until pub anyway :P)