NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

Prey's gravity mechanics really messed around with the players sense of orientation, so I don't know what you mean by it not affecting the gameplay.

I might be confusing Prey with some other game... lol

But doesn't prey just change gravity? I don't remember the levels being spherical. And it's first person so it's different.

I'm talking about the camera and movement differences this brings. I don't doubt other games did it before though, it's just that for a 3D game in a 3rd person perspecitve it seems like a big deal to me. Maybe not to people who don't remember the appearence of 3D and it's evolution though

The levels weren't spherical as a whole in Prey, but it did have planetoids with their own center of gravity that you could move around on at certain points in the game. If I remember right, there's even one point where you need to move from one to the other by moving close enough to it so that you fall towards it, much like the effect seen in Mario Galaxy.

Mario Galaxy is a different type of game and looks to be more sophisticated with its planetoid mechanics, but my point was that it's not the first game to use it. Prey might not be either.

The levels weren't spherical as a whole in Prey, but it did have planetoids with their own center of gravity that you could move around on at certain points in the game. If I remember right, there's even one point where you need to move from one to the other by moving close enough to it so that you fall towards it, much like the effect seen in Mario Galaxy.

Yeah there was. I loved Prey on the 360, very underrated FPS.

Another day and another review for Mazza.

http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/wii/games/reviews/144948.shtml

The snippet from GoNintendo says it all really...

Galaxy is the kind of game that you’re going to want to take your time with because there is just so much to do in the game. This is the first game in a long time that I’ve actually gone back and replayed levels just for fun. It’s everything you loved about Mario 64 and nothing you hated about Super Mario Sunshine.

Less than 2 weeks now. Really can't wait for this game. I still love Sunshine despite people slagging the game off for various reasons. I might try and play Mario 64 on Wii at some point.

To those who have hung on to pre-order, you've missed the Virgin Cheap boat.

I pre-ordered last night at £27, today it is now £30!!

Get in!! 8)

So far, the lowest scores been a 9/10 from gamesTM, but thats pretty darn good considering the same mag gave 6/10 for Ratched & Clank on PS3. Their very harsh reviewers based on what i've looked at, Orange Box also got 9/10...

So far, the lowest scores been a 9/10 from gamesTM.

And they're like the most strict reviewers on GameRankings, so it was a given :P.

Gotta say though, this game is getting critical praise from every major press site. Surely only Gamespot can stop the trend now? :P

Got in just before I edited my post above, mentioning basically the very point you raised...

Where can the Plumber go beyond the Galaxy, what holds the galaxy?

8.8, here it comes ^_^

I thought they now did marking to the nearest 0.5... 8.5 it is then!! :indeed:

Prey had planetoids. They weren't used much during the course of the game though.

Also, the main menu in Psychonauts was a planetoid. I believe there might have been some in the game itself too, but I can't remember.

So, whilst it's no doubt the best, Mario Galaxy isn't the first.

Sonic Adventure 2 also did them... Only problem was that due to the buggy camera, bad controls and over-all bad physics, they were an absolute nightmare to use.

Sonic Adventure 2 also did them... Only problem was that due to the buggy camera, bad controls and over-all bad physics, they were an absolute nightmare to use.

Ah yeah, the Jewel Hunt levels.

I kept away from this website as much as I could only because of this game, but now I knew the reviews would be rolling in I couldn't help myself!! It has definatey started off with a bang (as I thought it would) with 90% being the lowest so far!!! I know Matt at IGN will do some realy realy detailed review of this, I really can't wait to see what he gives it... but I'm not sure I want to see what gamespot give it. 9.0 what I honestly think (I don't reckon they'd be able to take it from the users if they gae it any lower :heh:)

Enough about ratings... my most anticipated of the year (dare I say ever) is just days away from me :D

I'd be more concerned with what EDGE are going to give it. I wouldn't put a score of 8 past them, after the 7 and quite negative review they gave Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

To those who have hung on to pre-order, you've missed the Virgin Cheap boat.

I pre-ordered last night at £27, today it is now £30!!

Get in!! 8)

Aww man. Virgin megastore website has been a bitch to me for ages. It always says theres a something wrong in one of the fields but im sure theres not :@

Wheres everybody getting theirs from? Im probably just goin to buy it from the cheapest place in town as internet ordering doesnt seem to like me.

Aww man. Virgin megastore website has been a bitch to me for ages. It always says theres a something wrong in one of the fields but im sure theres not :@

If you're putting your card number in with spaces, it won't accept it!! Take out the spaces and it should work!!

I spent 30 mins working this out!!!

Really, really, really, really, really, really, really can't wait for this game!!

It's out next week! YESSSS! SO close. :yay:

The last couple of weeks I've really gotten back into games again, after playing a load of Worms 2 on DS on holiday, and this weekend really getting into PGR4 (and the fucking quality Geometry Wars inside it), and finally Bioshock, so now I think I'm actually looking forward to this game even more than I was before, which was already a hell of a lot.

Frak yea, we can now say it's next week! Oh christ I hope I get this early. I <3 Mario.

If you're putting your card number in with spaces, it won't accept it!! Take out the spaces and it should work!!

I spent 30 mins working this out!!!

I tryed that though. It came up with the additional halifax box for extra security or something so I typed in my card details and then it went back to say there is an error in one of the fields :/. And on halifax online my balance is £46 but it says i can spend £19 and its been like that for a good few days now.

got about 30 stars now. no level has been that difficult yet!!

cool thing is Mario can Ice Skate. :) really is a great game and worth owning a Wii for. It brings fun that the PS3/360 cannot do.